I have some more questions if you are interested. Do I have to make a new question post?
Thank you for all of your help! :)
Ok, how do I pay you for the answers?
Here are the 20 questions:
35. ________ willing to use ________ calliope. (chapter 5)
a. Their, anybody's
b. They're, anybody's
c. Their, anybodys
d. They're, anybodys
e. They're, anybodys'
36. Almost _______ work would be better than _______. (a. anyone's, her's
b. anyones', hers
c. anyone's, hers
d. anyones, hers
e. anyones', hers'
59. Which sentence is correctly punctuated?
a. Generally speaking, principals are responsible, for the
acts of their agents.
b. Generally speaking, principals, are responsible for the
c. Generally speaking, principals are responsible for the
60. First talk with Mr. Johnson, then make an appointment with
a. correctly punctuated
b. add , after THEN
c. change , after JOHNSON to ;
d. remove , after JOHNSON
e. add , after FIRST and after THEN
61. The case against the Dallas based-company was handled in
b. add - after DALLAS and remove - after BASED
c. add , after COMPANY
d. add - after DALLAS and BASED
e. add - after DALLAS and , after COMPANY
62. Harbor Office Supply (note the new address) has ordered
ten HP calculators.
b. replace () with - -
c. add , after ORDERED
d. add , after TEN
e. add , after ORDERED and after TEN
63. Door to door peddling isnt one of your high status jobs.
b. DOOR-TO-DOOR and ISN'T
d. DOOR-TO-DOOR, ISN'T and HIGH-STATUS and add
, after PEDDLING
e. DOOR-TO-DOOR, ISN'T, and HIGH-STATUS
64. Yesterday morning he made an off the record comment to
b. add - after OFF and THE
c. add , after MORNING
d. add , after MORNING and after COMPANY
e. add - after OFF and THE and add , after MORNING
65. Well, just what would you do, Cheryl, if the situation were
b. remove , before CHERYL
c. remove , after WELL
d. replace , after CHERYL with ;
e. remove , before CHERYL and after WELL
79. Which sentence has a preposition or preposition-related
a. There was a fight between the two men.
b. Cerritos Center is near to my office.
c. They gave a party for Mary and me.
d. Please get a pencil from her.
83. Which one is incorrect?
a. SUBTLE has a silent b.
b. DEBRIS has a silent s.
c. HEIGHT ends with a th sound.
d. MISCHIEVOUS has three syllables.
84. Since I no longer maintain an office downtown for working
on this kind of project.
a. properly constructed sentence
e. misplaced part
85. When packing the order yesterday, one important item was
b. comma splice
c. lacks parallel parts
86. To keep your files in order, the filing rules must be learned.
d. lacks parallel parts
87. A child was injured yesterday by a bus on the way home
from school. (chapter 13)
d. misplaced part
88. Noah Webster, author of the original Webster's Dictionary,
believed that a dictionary should contain more than the
words written in literature. (chapter 13)
e. comma splice
89. The main problem for people who grow African violets is
that they stop blooming. (chapter 13)
e. unclear pronoun
90. The tailor, wanting to keep the sewing machine in perfect
running condition. (chapter 13)
c. comma splice
91. Do you see the pretty girl standing next to the car with the
red boots on? (chapter 13)
92. He finished dinner. He returned to work. (chapter 13)
a. well constructed sentences
c. misplaced part
93. It is absolutely essential that each and every package be
square in shape. The preceding sentence is an example of
business writing that is _______. (chapter 14)
c. too formal
d. too informal
Victor was robbed and beaten by a man wearing a rubber