Instructor Dee
Instructor Dee, Tutor
Experience:  20 years Training expert for Military, 4 years Instructor for Military School

Dee Can you help with another assignment

Customer Question

Category: Homework
Expert:  Instructor Dee replied 5 years ago.
sure, what do you needCustomer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Great!!!!!

500 words (not including references)
Points Possible: 100
Due Date: 5/10/2009 11:59:59 PM

Visit the following websites and explore the collections of Ancient Art there:

• The Metropolitan Museum of Art
  • The Louvre Museum
  • The Smithsonian Institution Freer Gallery and Sackler Gallery

See the Course Materials List for access to these sites.

From the gallery websites listed above, and available through the Course Materials List, select two works of art from any ancient culture. Using the terminology and concepts you are learning for evaluating art, compare and contrast the two works including materials used, style, meaning, symbolism, and any other aesthetic issues. Explain how the works of art fit into the context of the time period. Keep in mind that only art works that fit into the period of Ancient Art (created between 30,000 BCE- 500 CE) will be accepted.

Thanks Dee
You're welcome, I'll get started on it friday evening and should have it completed by saturday evening for you to take a look at. Tonight is booked for me so I can't start it right now. But that will get it to you before the deadline.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That will be Great

Thanks againLaughing
reneed
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This might help

Presentation
Presentation: Art of the Ancient World

The Ancient World covers the time from the Paleolithic period through the rise of Islam. Many of the "modern" notions of art such as abstraction, surrealism, and expressionism can trace their roots to the ancient world. The history of civilization, however, also articulates and formalizes the fundamental ties between government, philosophy, and art. Let’s examine the roots of this unique art and culture relationship more closely.

The Ancient World

The beginning of humankind's artistic pursuits is a subject of much debate. The earliest art forms we can find are the cave paintings done some 30,000 years before the Common Era. From what scholars can gather, much of the artwork has symbolic meaning with a possibility of being of religio-magical in nature. Most scholars will agree, however, that artwork seems to become more common as a society grows and matures. Thus, the intimate link between society and the art produced by its members is established. From the ancient Sumerian idols and ziggurats to the sophisticated and dictated styles of the Egyptians, art remained a force in the political and religious circles of society.

Archaic Greece, the Aegean, and Classical Greek Art

While religion played a central role in the cultures and arts of the Ancient World, it would be reinterpreted in early Greek culture. At the core of Greek religion was a large family of superhuman gods, often represented in human terms, sometimes superior to us, sometimes worse than us, but central was an implied intimacy and recursive relationship between human and god. Not surprisingly, this relationship framed Greek artistic endeavors. In fact, archaic Greek art featured temples to the gods, but simultaneously depicted the earthly existence of its people in vase painting and the freestanding kouroi. As Greek culture evolved, so too did the Greek art forms. Reflecting classic philosophical thought, art forms emerged that exhibited self-control, rational thought, and physical perfection.

The Roman Period

Although primarily copiers of Greek artwork, the Romans took to creating an absolute realism to their art. The blend of Greek style with the Etruscan style led to a prolific and original set of work. It is a time of achievement in the arts and culture, as well as total suppression. On the one hand, we see the development of tremendous feats of engineering and architecture in the Roman forums, aqueducts, and the Coliseum. Humanism, however, which reached its pinnacle in Greek civilization, would not surface again until the Middle Ages.

Judaism, Early Christianity, and the Rise of Islam:

With the growth and expansion of the Christian Empire, art tended toward the representation of spiritual and heavenly themes. The acts of Christ and biblical events were portrayed by almost every artist. Constantine erected basilicas that featured rounded shapes rather than the traditional churches. As with almost everything else, music in the late Roman period also reflected Roman decline and Christian ascension. Just as St. Paul took the Judaic and Eastern mystical traditions of Christian thought and shaped them into the logical processes of the Greco-Roman world, so early Christian music began to combine the music of Jewish worship with forms from the classical heritage.

Equally impressive and different is the Byzantine Style, which emphasized the symbolic over the representational. Geometric patterns and gold leaf were fused with mosaics to produce a uniquely Byzantine flavor. Meanwhile, the Islamic culture created elaborate mosques and ornate designs incorporating the text of the Koran, while Asian temples reached an apex of complexity and detail. In short, the “arts” were highlighted within each culture and religious sector of both the Eastern and the Western worlds.

Thank you that will help. :-)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Dee

How is it going? I also wanted to say HAPPY MOTHER DAY if you are a mother. If not happy weekend.

reneed

Customer Thank you for the Happy Mother's day wish, I am a mother. I'm still working on it. I started it last night, but didn't get to finish it. So spending the day finishing it. It'll be ready today for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Oh ok I will be waiting

Thanks again
reneed
Customerhere is your assignment. let me know if you have questions.

Head of a Ptolemaic queen, Hellenistic, ca. 270–250 B.C.
The head of a Ptolemaic Queen kept at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, made of marble and made to be inserted in a statue separately. The head is made in the refined style of classic that was developed in Greece during the fourth century B.C.. The back of her head suggest there was a veil at one time since it is roughly done and not as refined as your face. It is believed that she is “Arsinoë II, who ruled with her brother, Ptolemy II, from 278 B.C. until her death in 270 B.C.” [Greek 2002.66]   The statue is made as a portrait for the face is detailed to resemble as such. After her death, her brother made her an independent deity and he referred to her often in connection to royal decrees. She was worshiped by the people not only as a Greek goddess but as an Egyptian goddess as well.
Kushite Pharaoh, Late Period, Dynasty 25, ca. 713–664 B.C.
That it is a Kushite Pharaoh of Egypt is clear from its distinctive Sudanese regalia. [Egyptian 2002.8] This Pharaoh is made of Bronze with gilding. The cap crown has an engraved falcon on the back indicating that this is to represent a Kushite Pharaoh also. However, the belt usually has the Kings’ name on it; here it has been erased on this statue. The kneeling Kings were to match the small divine image in the temple to satisfy the gods and restore blessings to Egypt. The King was there to give the gods what they wanted in order to have blessings poured upon Egypt during his rule. Kushite Pharaohs created harmony and stability in Egypt during their reign. They also encouraged resurgence in traditional art, architecture and religion.
In comparison, they are both of royalty during their time and they are both at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Ptolemaic Queen was identified where the Pharaoh’s belt had been erased therefore, his identity cannot be found. The Queen is made of marble while the Pharaoh is made of bronze with a gold gild overlay. The Queen is from the Hellenistic period and the Pharaoh is from the Dynasty 25 period. The Ptolemaic Queen was said to be of a dynastic ruler cult, it is also believed that the sculptured head was associated with the cult after her death. The Ptolemaic Queen was recognized from both Greek and Egypt as a goddess where the Pharaoh was only worshiped as the King in Egypt. The Pharaoh was not sculptured in an image of any one King during that period where as the Ptolemaic Queen was sculptured in the likeness of the Queen Arsinoë II. Both the Ptolemaic Queen and the Kushite Pharaoh statues are of the same period. They are sculptures, and during this period, they sculptured the likeness of their Queens and Kings for remembrance and worship.

References
1.      "Head of a Ptolemaic queen [Greek] (2002.66)". In Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History. New York: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2000–. http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/haht/ho_2002.66.htm (September 2008)
2.     "Kushite Pharaoh [Egyptian] (2002.8)". In Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History. New York: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2000–. http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/ho/04/afe/ho_2002.8.htm (October 2006)

Instructor Dee, Tutor
Experience: 20 years Training expert for Military, 4 years Instructor for Military School
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Aww thanks Dee

you help me so much

reneedLaughing
You're welcomeCustomer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

can you help me with another assignment please....It is on accounting and it is due 6/20/09

If so here is the assignment :

2-3 paragraphs
Due Date: 6/20/2009 11:59:59 PM

The net income of Simon and Hobbs, a department store, decreased sharply during 2000. Carol Simon, owner of the store, anticipates the need for a bank loan in 2001. Late in 2000, Simon instructs the store's accountant to record a $10,000 sale of furniture to the Simon family, even though the goods will not be shipped from the manufacturer until January 2001. Simon also tells the accountant not to make the following December 31, 2000 adjusting entries:

• Salaries owed to employees: $900
  • Prepaid insurance that has expired: $400

Why is Simon taking this action? Is her action ethical? Give your reason, identifying the parties helped and the parties harmed by Simon's action.

Thanks

renee

Thanks Renee, I'll get right on it. Thanks for requesting me.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank You Dee

reneed

Renee, Here is your assignment. Let me know if I can be of further help.

In her anticipation of getting a loan, Carol Simon records the $10,000 sale of furniture in 2000, to increase the stores sales for the year. Carol Simon is doing not only her company an injustice in padding her income statement by showing the sale early but misleading anyone who may take a look at her financial statement for that year. Carol’s actions should be viewed as unethical as she is reporting her sales for the year are greater than they are. Her $10,000 sale should not be recorded until the furniture has been shipped from the manufacturer at the earliest.
Not showing the entries for the salaries or insurance underreports her liabilities for wages that have been earned and owed. The prepaid insurance before expiration is an asset however, now that it has expired, it becomes a liability and would need to be recorded as a liability.
Parties helped can only be Simon and Hobbs, obscuring the fine lines in their accounting ledger for securing a loan is to their advantage. The bank that loans the money, is to a disadvantage, for it has not be fully disclosed the true picture of Simon and Hobbs financial status at the end of the year. The risk the bank takes is based on the final line in the ledger and Carol Simon is not allowing the accountant to show the true figures. The accountant can also be affected in this scenario, if the company were to come under investigation the accountant can be held liable for falsifying documents. Though the bank is taking a higher risk that is not known, the accountant is the one who is taking the bigger risk, he has nothing to gain and everything to lose.
Instructor Dee, Tutor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

Thank you again

Renee

You're welcome, anytime!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

I will be needing your help again, this week comming

Renee

Renee, Just let me know what you need. I check in once a day for messages and assignments.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

And it is done 6/27/09 It accounting again.

Select a company you are familiar with.

Explain each step of the accounting cycle. Describe at least one transaction that would occur at the company you selected in each of these steps.

Remember that accounting uses the double-entry method so every transaction will affect at least two accounts, at least one asset and one liability account and your entries must balance. If you need help in figuring out how a transaction affects particular accounts, then try diagramming it out using "T" accounts as a picture in these situations is really worth a thousand words! How are your examples alike? How do they differ? Why do they differ?

Thanks

renee

Renee got it, will get it back to you before due date.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

Thanks you are so awsome.

Renee

Renee,

Wanted to touch base with you, I have begun working on this today. Sorry, I've been out of town with a conference, but I will still have this ready for you today.
Renee,
Here is the assignment, I am a bit rusty on my accounting, so hopefully I haven't forgotten anything. Let me know if I need to add anything else for you. I will be on the road back to the house, will check JA when I get in. Thanks again for allowing me and JA to help with your assignment. Dee

Begin with a transaction and end with what is called “closing of the books” is a process, accounting. A series of activities are repeated during a reporting period and it is often referred to as an accounting cycle. This cycle will include these steps:
1.     Transactions
2.     Classification of the transaction – journalizing
3.     Recording data in the ledger – posting
4.     Preparing financial statements
5.     Closing accounts
To begin the process of posting there are two sides to every transaction. Each transaction has a debit and a credit that will need to be posted in the ledger and in the journal. For accurate recording keeping, there will need to be two posting or written transactions kept. For each category there will be a two line posting that will need to be completed. For example, in retail, merchandise is purchased for a future payment, a liability is created. The journal entry will be recorded as an increase in the merchandise account, a debit and an increase in the liability account, a credit. The merchandise account is being increased with goods and must be debited. Whereas the liability account, which is where the company owes for the goods is also increased and needs to be credited.
Now that we have touched on classification of the transactions, we will need to continue to the next step, which is recording in the ledger or posting the transaction. Each account or category will have its own page in the ledger. The ledger will have the debits, which are recorded on the left side, and the credits recorded on the right side for that account. The general ledger for each account will show the balance of that account, the net credit or debit can be determined from this page. If that account has more information that is needed to be kept, there will a subsidiary ledger with those details. For an example of information that will need to go into a subsidiary ledger would be, wages paid to an employee, equipment owned – each piece would have its own ledger or creditors that are owed.
Once all posting has been completed to the general ledger a determination of the trail balance is needed. This is where the listing of all accounts and the sum of the debits and the sum of the credits are equal. They should equal because you have posted two entries for each transaction, and those two entries one should have been a debit and the other should have been a credit.
The accountant will now need to prepare adjustments that have already occurred but have to be recorded. Some of those adjustments could be interest earned but not received, wages incurred but not paid, expired insurance premium that is prepaid, depreciation, inventory or receivable.
Instructor Dee, Tutor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

So the order is :

1). Analyze The Transaction

2). Journal Entries

3). Post to Ledger

4). Trial Balance

5). Adjusting Entries

6). Adjusting Trail Balance

7). Financial Statement

8). Closing Entries

9). After Closing

is this how it really suppose to go? the way I have it listed

Renee,

1. Analyze Transaction
2. Journal Entries
3. Post to Ledger
4. Adjust Entries
5. Trial Balance
6. Adjust Trial Balance
7. Financial Statement
8. Closing Entries
9. Closing
Renee,
Do you need me to help with another question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee yes

Renee

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

It is Due 7/4/09

Many high-technology companies, like Nortel Networks, Micron Technology and JDS Uniphase, have written down massive amounts of their inventory. For example, Nortel Networks revalued some of its inventory parts at $0, though the inventory initially cost Nortel $650 million.

Companies are required to report whether they write off the cost value (or book value) or their inventory even if they do not dispose of the inventory. Later on, they may sell this inventory but are not required to report the sale for cash of previously "worthless" inventory. The effect may be that in future years, when the inventory is sold, profits are overstated.

Also in the article, JDS Uniphase said it will write off $250 million of its inventory but promised to disclose any future sale. On the other hand, Micron Technology, which wrote down $260 million, won't disclose any future sale (Krantz, 2001). Should the Securities and Exchange Commission do anything? Why?

Thanks

Renee

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Will this help

Presentation: Accounting for the Merchandising Business

A merchandising entity earns its revenue by selling products called merchandise inventory, or simply inventory. This unit demonstrates the central role of inventory in a business that sells merchandise. Inventory includes all goods that the company owns and expects to sell in the normal course of operations.

The major revenue of a merchandising business is sales revenue, or simply sales. The major expense is cost of goods sold. Net sales minus cost of goods sold is the gross profit, or gross margin. This amount measures the business's success or failure in selling its products at a higher price than it paid for them.

The merchandiser's major asset is inventory. In a merchandising entity, the accounting cycle is from cash to inventory as the inventory is purchased for resale, and back to cash as the inventory is sold. The invoice is the business document generated by a purchase or sale transaction. Most merchandising entities allow customers to return unsuitable merchandise, as well as offer discounts for early payment. They grant allowances for damaged goods that the buyer chooses to keep. Returns and Allowances and Discounts are contra accounts to Sales Revenue.

The end-of-period adjusting and closing process of a merchandising business is similar to that of a service business. If a work sheet is used, the trial balance is entered, and the work sheet is completed to determine net income or net loss. The work sheet provides the data for journalizing the adjusting and closing entries and for preparing the financial statements. In addition, a merchandiser adjusts inventory for theft losses, damage, and accounting errors.

The income statement may appear in single-step or multi-step format. A single-step income statement has only two sections-one for revenues, and the other for expenses-and a single income amount for net income. A multi-step income statement has subtotals for gross profit and income from operations. Both formats are widely used.

Merchandise inventory is the most important asset to a merchandising business because it captures the essence of the entity. To manage the firm, owners and managers focus on the best way to sell inventory. Two key decision aids for a merchandiser are the gross profit percentage (which is gross margin/net sales revenue), and the rate of inventory turnover (which is cost of goods sold/average inventory). Increases in these measures usually signal an increase in profits.

The perpetual inventory accounting system that we have illustrated is designed to produce up-to-date records of inventory and cost of goods sold. Cost of goods sold is the cost of the inventory that the business has sold. It is the largest single expense of most merchandising businesses. Cost of goods sold is the sum of the cost of goods sold amounts recorded during the period. In a periodic inventory system, Cost of goods sold = Beginning inventory + Purchases + Freight in - Ending inventory.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Resource Links
  • AICPA
    (http://www.aicpa.org)
    Official website for the American Association of Certified Public Accountants.

• Smart Pros Accounting
    (http://www.pro2net.com/)
    Contains news and information within the various fields of the Accounting profession.

• CFO.com
    (http://www.cfo.com/index1.cfm)
    Magazine full of articles, webcasts, and financial tools

• Accounting info net
    (http://www.accounting-info.net/)
    Accounting and tax info, accounting news and calculators.

• Expert:  Instructor Dee replied 5 years ago.
    That helps alot Renee, I'll take a look on Wednesday ok? I'm pretty booked for today and tomorrow. But with what you gave me I should be fine. I see it's due by July 4, so I'll have it to you by July 3. I didn't see if there was a word count or if references were needing to be cited. I assume APA format again?
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

Thanks so much your great.

Renee

You're welcome.
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.
    Word count is 70
    Renee is the word count 70? or 700?
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

Sorry the word count is 70

Renee

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

2 paragraphs is all (forget word count 70)

Ok will do Renee.
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

I have another one for you if you want it, But its not due until July 11,2009 if you want it.

Renee

Renee, I'm just about done with this one. you can send me the next one too if you like.
    Renee, Here is your answer. Let me know if you need any more to this. Dee

The major revenue for these businesses is sales. Their profits or losses are measured by their inventory. Allowing write-offs in their inventory and not reporting the sales later obscures the botXXXXX XXXXXne of profits.

Securities and Exchange Commission’s should step in and regulate how inventory that is not being sold or used in the company, however, is owned can be discounted without losing all the value. This will allow future profits to be realized and it does not rely on the company to disclose any future sales of inventory they reported as worthless or discontinued.
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

have I paid you yet I can't remember.... I been running back and forth like a chicken with my head chop off. Let me know I really can't remember if I did or not....Let me know if I have not, so I can send your money to you

Thanks

renee

Renee, you have not paid me yet. Do you have everything you need in your answer? I was beginning to think you might not have had enough and needed more. I have had it done since the 1 July 09.
    Instructor Dee, Tutor
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

Thanks I been running back and forth from hospital, my sister is not doing well at all. I send your payment just now

Renee

Thanks Renee, sorry to hear about your sister. My prayers are with you, your sister and your family. I have the payment, thank you. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee thanks

I have another assignment would you like to help me again? If so it is due 7/11/09.

here it is :

Deliverable Length:

4-5 paragraphs

Your friend Lucy slept through a class in which her professor explained the concepts of depreciation and amortization. Use the Library's Accounting links and/or dictionary sources and the Internet to learn about these concepts, and then write a 4-5 paragraph explanation of the concepts for Lucy. Be sure to cite your sources.

Renee, I would be happy to help you out again. I'll have it ready for you on 7-11-09.
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

Thanks so much because I think I am going to have to take this accounting class all over again because I did not complete the other assignments for this class. I am so tired of running back and forth to hospital. I will make sure you get your money on time I promise

renee

No problem, I have not had any problems so I am not worried. Hope your sister is doing better. We have you and your family in our prayers with your sister at the top of the list for recovery and healing.
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee

How are you and your family doing? I just wanted to check in with you to see how it going?

renee

Renee, sorry for the delay in your assignment, had to take a niece and nephew home, so i'm still working on it, will get it done as quickly as i can,hoping to finish it before I go to bed, again, i'm sorry for the delay, just been a crazy saturday.
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No worries

I understand

Renee

Renee, I'm refreshed and back on the assignment. Will finish it up this morning and have it posted shortly.
    Renee, Here is the link for your assignment. Again let me apologize for my time management yesterday. I was just not expecting to spend 5 hours on the road taking children home. If you have questions or need more added to this let me know. Thanks for understanding and hope your sister is doing better. Dee

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5a4654fb9b041fb86b21be4093fab7ac579184d9aed2ef57b8eada0a1ae8665a

Instructor Dee, Tutor
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dee I can get it ....

Renee

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kjj54znootm/reneed 7.11.09-1.doc

Renee try it again, sorry.
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok .........didi you get your money?

renee

Yes you paid already Renee. Thanks. Did you get your assignment? I am going to lock the link if you have gotten it.

Dee
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I got it thank you so much

renee

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

Would you like to help me with another assignment? It is on Business Ethics and it is not due until Aug 1, 2009

renee

Expert:  Instructor Dee replied 4 years ago.
    Renee, I would be more than happy to help. Send me the assignment.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

Here is the assignment:

Deliverable Length: 4-5 paragraphs
    Due Date: 8/1/2009 11:59:59 PM

"When a reporter makes a mistake in a magazine article, you can run a correction; but when a health care worker makes a mistake, someone can die." Reflecting on this statement, should we hold people in certain professions to higher standards of legal accountability and responsibility? What are the advantages and disadvantages of your position? How is your response to these questions consistent with the moral philosophy you described in the Unit 1 discussion board assignment? Explain. If it is not consistent with that philosophy, explain why your philosophy has changed.

Renee, I will need your Unit 1 Discussion Board Assignment. I have started on this tonight. Dee
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Dee

Here is Unit 1 DB Questions;

Explain which moral philosophy you feel is best suited for making business decisions and why.

This is my answer:

The moral philosophy best suited for business is making decisions is an Utilitariarianism. Which is a Principle of Utilitarianism focuses that is an act that produces the largest ratio of good and evil for all. Therefore, it is a guide for business people in a dilemma ethical. Now by using this theory, "the managers" involved in business decision making can choose the right course of action which would provides a good situation for everyone with the maximum benefits and loses. Utilitarianism in a way does cost for each situation "and" it helps in choosing the right course of action which will provides the least amount of harm as compared to other alternatives.

Since it is of high importance in today's working competitive business environment to make all the stakeholder in the organization satisfied, the utilitarianism is a moral philosophy which is aims to create best possible win-win situation for everybody in the organization.

Reference

Ebert,R.& Griffin R.(2005). Business Essentials. (5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ :Prentice Hall

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

here is The Presentation: Morality Introduction

Society perceives that ethics and corporate responsibility are an integral part of acceptable business practice. Society no longer buries it head to secrecy and decisions that make a few wealthy but hurt many. Investors want to see what the company is up to. A former American Stock Exchange chief was noted to say during an interview that top corporate executives must set an appropriate ethical tone at their companies in order to rebuild public trust in their firms and their shares.

This unit defines morality and discusses how morality applies to business ethics. There are many different moral philosophies that help explain how and why people make different moral decisions when faced with the same dilemma.

Ethical Theory and Business Practice

Why so much interest in ethics today? In part, the public's interest in corporate scandals has made universities sit up and take notice. More and more schools are offering ethics courses, encouraging students to apply ethics to their everyday lives and in all aspects of their lives. Students are finding it more relevant due to a recent rash of financial corporate scandals they can relate to. They are seeing and experiencing for themselves that crossing the line to unethical and illegal behavior hurts. Morality refers to the principles or rules of moral conduct and is concerned with the social practices defining right and wrong. Ethical theory and moral philosophies provide guidelines for justification of right or wrong actions when settling human conflict. No one moral philosophy is accepted by everyone. People assess situations based on their own moral beliefs.

There are several theories that study moral behavior, such as the descriptive approach, cultural relativism, utilitarian theories, Kant's respect-for-persons principle, common morality theories, and feminist theories, to name a few.

When dealing with ethical dilemmas, there is no one correct answer. What one person sees as morally correct will be different for another person. These differences are based upon which philosophies people subscribe to and peoples' individual values and beliefs.

The Purpose of the Corporation

Why do corporations exist? Your first response is probably to make money. That's true, but that's not the only reason. Corporations provide products and services to consumers, or businesses, maybe other countries. Is this enough? Many say no. A corporation has a social responsibility to its stakeholders: employees, stockholders, employees, customers, the community, the environment, overseas stakeholders, and women and minorities.

Companies are finding ways to integrate the needs of the corporations with those of its stakeholders. Corporations are able to see a link between corporate social responsibility and profitability through their interaction with their stakeholders, as well as managing the environment around them (for example, reducing the energy inputs, reducing toxic dispersion, and so forth). Corporations can no longer work solely for stockholders. They are inextricably linked to the social, ecological, and human fabric, responsible to all stakeholders in varying degrees. When a corporation is not healthy, it impacts other parts of society, just as the health of one part of the human body can affect the overall health of one's body. Companies with good social and environmental records perform better in the long run than those that do not behave responsibly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

Presentaion: For Unit 2 I hope these help?
    The Ethics of Business: Accountability, Responsibility, and Risk

What do accountability, responsibility, and risk have to do with ethics in business? Everything. In today's transparent society, there is no place for dishonesty, arrogance, or greed in the executive ranks of a corporation or its board. Increased media exposure and the speed of information exchange will ensure that the work of directors is scrutinized far greater than ever before.

Due to greater media and public scrutiny, and the accountability and legal liability inherent in executive roles, many qualified individuals are reluctant to take on the responsibility of being a director. Boards are generally comprised of retired executives who were compensated very well by their organizations. Directors on a board are not compensated so generously, however. It is harder today, therefore, to get qualified individuals to oversee the operations of a corporation when the compensation is low and the risk to them, both personally and professionally, is high. When an individual does accept a position as a director and something within the corporation goes amiss, the excuse that the director was not aware of unethical actions by the corporation is no longer acceptable.

In a speech given by United States Treasury Secretary Paul H. O'Neill to the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, Mr. O'Neill addressed the future leaders and future business leaders about the challenges they face. Regarding today's environment, he stated, "...Nothing is what it seemed-earnings statements, revenue projection, or the boundless, bump-less, New Economy." He pointed to the wild ride of the corporations of late that has caused this phenomenon.

In Mr. O'Neill's opinion as to why corporate leaders have fallen, he had this to say, "...I think they strayed from their values in the anything-goes 90s, and by the time they realized how far they had strayed-after all, in their minds, everyone else was doing it, or would if they could-it was too late. Like frogs in boiling water, they didn't feel the heat until they were cooked. There was nothing special about these people, except their hubris (pronounced "hyoo-briss"). They abandoned any pretense of moral direction to follow each dollar down its path, and figured they'd return to the main road before anyone noticed they were gone. But after the bubble popped, there was nowhere to hide..." Mr. O'Neill pointed out that while continuing with the accomplishments in the 90s-growth, productivity, and innovation-we need to actively work to make a new era of personal responsibility and public integrity.

In his conclusion, Mr. O'Neill stated, "In my view, the answer is simple: honest, accountable leadership. With leadership, everything is possible; without it, nothing is possible... Leaders must stand up and set an example not just for their employees, but for the general public as well. Honesty in business is the new patriotism. There is nothing better business leaders can do for this country right now than restore faith in the system that has made it great."

What do scenarios like corporate financial collapse, environmental disasters, layoffs, and consumer law suits all have in common? These actions may not have to happen at all if corporations managed risk to their stakeholders and stockholders. Risk management is more important today than ever before. What's the answer? Effective corporate governance standards.

According to XXXXX XXXXX, president of the Winnipeg Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors and director of corporate audit services at Winnipeg-based Agricore United, there are four pillars that will prevent corporate problems. The four pillars are: the board of directors, management, internal auditors, and external auditors. Brown continues, "...to be effective, each of these four must operate independently. When they don't, massive problems can occur."

Renee

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

The notes I sent did you get them? and if so will they help?

Renee

Renee, I am sorry I meant to tell you that I got them, yes they have helped alot. I worked on your assignment then got side tracked. I will be finishing it up on Wednesday. Will be plenty of time for you look it over and run your checks on it. Is this still ok with you?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

Sure it ok. I hope you have a good day.....Well I am off to the hospital my oldest sister is back in the hospital and my consin son just got shot yesterday morining he was only 21 years old.

Thanks Renee

Renee, I am so sorry to hear your sister is back in the hospital and then your cousins' son getting shot yesterday, that is terrible. As much writing as I do, I am so sorry I do not have any words that I think will comfort you, there is one I feel will help. Remember, we live in some trying times these days and the Lord is always with us. He never puts us through more than we can stand. He is with you each step of the way not only you but your family as well. I do pray for your comfort and strength and I will talk with you on Wednesday when I have your paper ready. I am glad to see you are still continuing your education inspite of all that is surrounding you, :-)
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

thanks I know god is with me and in my heart as well

thank for your kind words it means alot

Renee

Renee, I had a break in my schedule. Here is the link to your assignment. Let me know if you have any questions.

Renee, not sure if that link worked for you. So uploaded it again and here is the new link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5a4654fb9b041fb86b21be4093fab7ac0c65df7e06baa6a45621d66e282a0ee8

Instructor Dee, Tutor
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

Thanks again ...did you receive your money?

Renee

Renee, You're welcome and yes I did receive the money. If I can be of help again, just let me know. Have a great weekend.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

I have another assignment would you like to help me again?

Its now due until 8/8/09

3 or 4 paragraphs

"Drug use is information that is rightfully private and only in exceptional cases can an employer claim a right to know about such use." Defend or oppose this statement. How is your response to this assignment consistent with the moral philosophy you described in the Unit 1 discussion board assignment? Explain. If it is not consistent with that philosophy, explain why your philosophy has changed.

let me know if you can

Renee

Sure Renee, It would be my pleasure to help you again. I have this on my calendar and can begin working on it, Monday if that will be ok for you?
    Sure Renee, It would be my pleasure to help you again. I have this on my calendar and can begin working on it, Monday if that will be ok for you? I try to take off Sunday to spend with family.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

That would be great

Renee

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

Here is
    Presentation
    Presentation: Rights and Obligations of Employers and Employees
    Introduction

Statutes and their regulations and common law determine the rights and obligations of employers and employees to each other and may differ from state to state. Employers and employees have an "employment relationship" that is sometimes referred to as a contract of service.

Rights and Obligations of Employers and Employees

An obligation that employers are beginning to recognize as a new role is establishing work/life balance, so as to prevent burnout by their employees. Companies are beginning to reshape their cultures to bring a better balance to the workplace. The greater the balance, the greater the productivity. Work/life conditions are not the only obligations of employers, however. Federal and state laws have long required employers to make "reasonable accommodations" for persons with disabilities. In 1990 Congress passed legislation called "Americans with Disabilities Act" to level the playing field for persons with disabilities. California passed a law on January 1, 2001, however, which redefines the definition of disabled, resulting in the inclusion of all types of physical and mental conditions. This new legislation is expected to increase litigation and costs for all California employers.

Under Section 7 of the National Labor Act, employees have the right to organize a union and collectively bargain with their employers. Employees' rights and obligations regarding union activities are as follows:

• The right to work as a team to organize, join and support a union.
    • The right to sign a union card and to solicit fellow employees to sign a union card.
    • The right to attend union meetings and wear union insignia.
    • The right to discuss the union with fellow workers and distribute union literature.

Employers' obligations to union workers are to:

• Reinstate, without loss of seniority and with back pay plus 6 percent interest, any employee who has been improperly discharged, suspended or demoted for supporting a union.
    • Bargain with a union as the exclusive representative of all the employees who are members of the union, once the union is selected by a majority of employees.

Hope this help....Do you still have my assingment from unit 1 ?

Renee

Renee, I think I have your Unit 1 assignment. I save all the clients works that I accomplish for them. Here is an exert from that assignment, third paragraph, first sentence, let me know if we are talking about the same assignment:

Utilitarianism business definition is: “Ethics concept in which the happiness of the greatest ..........

Dee

Or is it your assignment that you completed and I asked you for that was about Utilitarianism?

Dee
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

Here it is: Unit 1 Assignment

Unit 1 DB BUS270

The moral philosophy best suited for business is making decisions is an Utilitariarianism. Which is a Principle of Utilitarianism focuses that is an act that produces the largest ratio of good and evil for all. Therefore, it is a guide for business people in a dilemma ethical. Now by using this theory, "the managers" involved in business decision making can choose the right course of action which would provides a good situation for everyone with the maximum benefits and loses. Utilitarianism in a way does cost for each situation "and" it helps in choosing the right course of action which will provides the least amount of harm as compared to other alternatives. Since it is of high importance in today's working competitive business environment to make all the stakeholder in the organization satisfied, the utilitarianism is a moral philosophy which is aims to create best possible win-win situation for everybody in the organization. Reference Ebert,R.& Griffin R.(2005). Business Essentials. (5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ :Prentice Hall

Thanks Renee! Have a great weekend!
    Renee, for this assignment,

"Drug use is information that is rightfully private and only in exceptional cases can an employer claim a right to know about such use." Defend or oppose this statement."

What position are you going to take? This way I can write your paper to your views.

Dee
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

I supported drug screening tests, I beleive the the company you work for should have the right to screen test the employee. Because I would not want to be run a machine with someone who has been drinking at lunch time or hung over from the nite before and the same with drug users. Thing can happen like a person could get hurt or even die.

Here is more links if you want them:

Rights and Obligations

Unit 3 - Assignment 1
    Assignment Type: Individual Project
    Deliverable Length: 2-3 pages
    Points Possible: 125
    Due Date: 8/9/2009 11:59:59 PM

Read the case about Moira on page 185 of your textbook. Using the material in the Multimedia , in the textbook, and your own library and online research, discuss Moira's situation and her ethical options. Given this information, what do you think that she ought to do?

Please submit your assignment.

Unit 3 - Assignment 2
    Assignment Type: Discussion Board
    Deliverable Length: 3-4 paragraphs
    Points Possible: 80
    Due Date: 8/9/2009 11:59:59 PM

Review the web links in the resources section of the classroom materials and search the internet for more information on this topic.

In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.

Presentation
    Introduction

Questions and Answers
    Question #1
    Should employers be allowed to drug-test employees?

In 1995 The Institute for a Drug-Free Workplace of Washington, D.C. commissioned The Gallup Organization of Princeton, New Jersey to conduct a survey. The survey objectives were to determine attitudes about drugs in the workplace, drug testing, and experiences with drugs. Those surveyed worked full time outside of the home. When asked about drug testing, the majority of those surveyed supported drug screening tests for all occupations. However, the respondents put greater emphasis on testing those employees who are responsible for many people, such as airline pilots, school bus drivers, or doctors (Employers and Employees, 2000).

Blue Cross & Blue Shield offers a new substance abuse program called SAMI (Substance Abuse Management, Inc.) to its employees that offer a number of benefits. They hope to realize, as other companies have, reductions in workers' compensation costs, lost productivity, employee turnover, and other related issues related to drug and alcohol. A part of their program includes random test selection. SAMI processes over two million drug test per year for its clients (What American, n.d.).

References

Employers and employees benefit from drug testing. (2000, October 27). Business Wire.

What American employees think about drug abuse. (n.d.). Retrieved June 8, 2004, from http://www.drugfreeworkplace.org/survey.htm

Question #2
    What is discriminatory genetic screening?

In 1972 scientists first isolated the DNA segment from a virus and combined it with bacterial DNA, which was the beginning of genetic engineering. Since then, the field of biotechnology has flourished exponentially. As scientists find out more about the human DNA and genes, there is substantial concern that organizations will want to screen potential employees for possible genetic flaws. People with genetic flaws may be denied life insurance, health insurance, and access to schooling or to jobs.

It is not unfathomable that, as costs for tests decline and health care responsibilities are shifted from public sector to private sector, private insurers may use risk rating as a method for providing health insurance to those persons who are predisposed to a serious disease. This would seriously undermine the universal provision of health care.

Reference

Devore, D. (1992). Genetic screening and ethics an overview. Retrieved June 10, 2004, from Woodrow Wilson Biology Institute Web site: http://www.woodrow.org/teachers/bi/1992/gen_screen1.html

Question #3
    What is whistle-blowing and why is it acceptable?

Whistle blowing is when an employee knows that the company he or she is working for is engaged in activities that cause unnecessary harm, violate human rights, are illegal, are counter to the defined purpose of the entity, or are otherwise immoral, and notifies the public or government agency of these activities (Duska, 1998). Business ethicists claim that employees have some obligation to the company or employer, but when the company violates ethical and/or legal constraints, loyalty of the employee has been compromised.

Whistle blowing and loyalty are competing values or ethical dilemmas. Loyalty is seen as a good thing while whistle blowing is not. Whistle blowers are known as "rats, finks, tattletales, snitches, informants, and the like". However, loyalty, in extreme cases, can cause disasters, such as the Columbine shootings, where peer pressure kept students from sharing their concerns with authorities. Employees have an obligation to their employees to serve the company's legitimate and legal interests as well as reporting actions of employees that act against the public good (Navran, n.d.) . Attitudes toward whistle blowing are changing. The public recognizes that there is a need to stop wrong-doing and this is different from being a "snitch" (Bentley, 2002).

References

Bentley, R. (2002, July 11). Blowing a whistle can be good. Computer Weekly.

Duska, R. F. (1998). Whistleblowing. In C. L. Cooper & C. Argyris (Eds.), Encyclopedia of management, Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishers.

Navran, F. (n.d.). Ethics news & opinions: Ask the expert. Retrieved June 10, 2004, from Ethics Resource Center Web site: http://www.ethics.org/ask_e1.html

Resource Links
  • American Association for the Abolition of Drug Tests
    (http://www.aaadt.org/)
    Organization that opposes employment drug testing.

• Drug Testing: How Both Employers and Employees Benefit
    (http://www.seton.com/seton/internalHtmlAction.do?relpath=/pages/content/en_US/setonalerts/articles/0203/0203_drug_testing.jsp)
    Employers and employees share the same goals--a work environment free from the dangers of substance abuse,

• U.S. Department of Labor e-Laws
    (http://www.dol.gov/elaws/asp/drugfree/drugs/screen15.asp?selection_list=)
    This website include legal and ethical mandates that are often dealt with in the human resource department. It includes links in policy development,supervisor trainingemployee education, employee assistance program, and drug testing.

• Drug Testing
    (http://www.aclu.org/DrugPolicy/DrugPolicylist.cfm?c=79)
    Press releases and text from court cases dealing with drug testing.

• Drug Testing
    (http://www.dol.gov/elaws/asp/drugfree/drugs/screen92.asp)
    This section of the U.S. Department of Labor web site has information on drug testing laws and guidelines. There is a brief discussion on why employers test for drugs and also links to other resources on the topic.

• Drug Testing Information
    (http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing.shtml)
    Information about drug tests and drug testing

• Drug Testing Resources
    (http://www.hr-guide.com/data/116.htm)
    Drug testing resources for Human Resource professionals.

Thanks
  • Renee
  • Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

Won't worries about the other assignment I am working on that one ok

I just need you to help me with the Discussion Board.

Thanks again

Renee

Renee,

I agree about the drug test too, completely understand. So you only need me to work on Unit 3 Assignment 2? I'll have that one ready for you tomorrow.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

You are correct Unit 3 assignment part 2. Glad you agree with me Wink

Thanks

Renee

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

How is it going? I hope fine Laughing

Renee

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

Is everything ok? I haven't heard from you in awhile.

Renee

Renee, Sorry didn't mean to worry you. Been really busy with work, I have not forgotten you. Getting you finished up tonight so you have it in the morning. Again, I apologize for the worry. I have you, no worries. Dee
    Sorry renee, I see its due today, did I mess things up for you? Let me know if you are late on this ok?
    THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
    You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
    If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
    Instructor Dee, Tutor
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

I have another one for you :

Unit 4 - Assignment 2
    Assignment Type: Discussion Board
    Deliverable Length: 2-3 paragraphs
    Points Possible: 80
    Due Date: 8/16/2009 11:59:59 PM

Many organizations have established policies to remedy discrimination in hiring of women and minorities. Discuss whether or not you feel that affirmative action programs, reverse discrimination, and criteria of comparable worth are appropriate forms of remedy. How is your response to this assignment consistent with the moral philosophy you described in the Unit 1 discussion board assignment? Explain. If it is not consistent with that philosophy, explain why your philosophy has changed.

Renee

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

I for got to ask if you can help me again?

If so that would make so happy.

U ask how is my sisiters are doing, they are ok thanks for asking. Thanks for the prayers we all need themLaughing. I also pray for you and your family.

Here are some notes if you need them:

Discrimination

Discrimination falls into a number of categories: race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and age. According to the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division, it recommends the following to avoid employment discrimination especially after September 11:

• Treat all people the same when announcing a job, taking applications, offering a job, verifying employment eligibility, hiring, and firing.
    • Allow new hires, both citizens and non-citizens, the opportunity to present their choice of documents to complete the INS Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9.
    • Do not request new hires to present documents beyond what is required to complete the Form I-9. All job applicants can present any combination of acceptable documents.
    • Avoid "citizen only" or "green card only" hiring policies. Unless required by federal, state or local law or by government contract, such policies are illegal.

Resource Links
  • Top 10 Employee Firing Mistakes
    (http://www.allbusiness.com/human-resources/workforce-management-termination/4010-1.html)
    "Mistakes committed during the firing process can come back to haunt you by way of legal action, if you're not careful. Here are 10 common mistakes made in the termination process."

• Recruiting and Hiring
    (http://www.careerlab.com/hiring.htm)
    Outline of a hiring plan

• Five Sins Of Discipline
    (http://conflict911.com/conflictarticles/sinsdisci.htm)
    Learn about the most common errors managers make related to disciplining employees from this article by Robert Bacal.

• Employment discrimination
    (www.discriminationattorney.com)
    An attorney's website, explaining key aspects of employment and discrimination law.

• How Hiring Works
    (http://money.howstuffworks.com/business-hiring.htm)
    A multi-page article walking through the steps of hiring an employee, from assessing needs and writing a job description through interviewing and making an offer.

• Stereotypes & Discrimination
    (http://womensissues.about.com/od/discrimination/)
    About.com website dealing with gender stereotypes, discrimination, and prejudice, including links to other sites.

• State and Local Laws Protecting Lesbians and Gay Men Against Workplace Discrimination
    (http://www.aclu.org/lgbt/discrim/11853leg20020226.html)
    Article presents questions and answers related to discrimination and retaliation in the workplace based on sexual orientation.

• Age Discrimination
    (http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/discrimination/agedisc.htm)
    This web page from the Department of Labor gives an overview of age discrimination as well as different laws and regulations related to it. Links are provided to United States Code and Code of Federal Regulation sections that cover this topic.

• U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
    (http://www.eeoc.gov/ )
    The EEOC provides numerous resources concerning discrimination through their website. This includes information about training available through the EEOC, some of which is free.

• Equal Pay and Compensation Discrimination
    (http://www.eeoc.gov/types/epa.html)
    An overview of the federal rules, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding equal pay.

• Title VII Applied to Law Enforcement Programs
    (http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/cor/Pubs/policeqa.htm)
    U.S. Department of Justice sponsored questions and answers regarding non-discrimination.

• Disability Discrimination in the Workplace
    (http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/ObjectID/CB4EA68F-D2DD-4860-AD11D880B8190758/catID/57153B2E-F39E-48DA-830ADA31F5A23325/104/150/175/ART/)
    The ADA applies to private employers with 15 or more employees, as well as local governments. Many states have similar laws, which may apply to smaller employers too. Review this article to learn more.

thanks for all your help, I really mean it. your a ANGELInnocent
  • Thanks
  • Renee
  • Expert:  Instructor Dee replied 4 years ago.
    You're welcome Renee, My pleasure. I'll get started on this right away.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

How r you and your family? I am just checking in to see how things is going?

Renee

Renee,

This is funny I was thinking of you today too, going to let you know that I was going to finish your assignment up this morning.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

That will be great !!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dee

Its me how is it going dee?

Renee