Neo
Neo, Tutor
Experience:  BS Accounting
4224391

E8-5 (Inventoriable Costs Error Adjustments) Craig Company

E8-5 (Inventoriable Costs—Error Adjustments) Craig Company asks you to review its December 31,
2007, inventory values and prepare the necessary adjustments to the books. The following information is
given to you.
1. Craig uses the periodic method of recording inventory. A physical count reveals $234,890 of
inventory on hand at December 31, 2007.
2. Not included in the physical count of inventory is $13,420 of merchandise purchased on December
15 from Browser. This merchandise was shipped f.o.b. shipping point on December 29 and
arrived in January. The invoice arrived and was recorded on December 31.
3. Included in inventory is merchandise sold to Champy on December 30, f.o.b. destination. This merchandise
was shipped after it was counted. The invoice was prepared and recorded as a sale on
account for $12,800 on December 31. The merchandise cost $7,350, and Champy received it on
January 3.
4. Included in inventory was merchandise received from Dudley on December 31 with an invoice
price of $15,630. The merchandise was shipped f.o.b. destination. The invoice, which has not yet
arrived, has not been recorded.
5. Not included in inventory is $8,540 of merchandise purchased from Glowser Industries. This merchandise
was received on December 31 after the inventory had been counted. The invoice was
received and recorded on December 30.
6. Included in inventory was $10,438 of inventory held by Craig on consignment from Jackel Industries.
7. Included in inventory is merchandise sold to Kemp f.o.b. shipping point. This merchandise was
shipped after it was counted. The invoice was prepared and recorded as a sale for $18,900 on December
31. The cost of this merchandise was $10,520, and Kemp received the merchandise on January 5.
8. Excluded from inventory was a carton labeled “Please accept for credit.” This carton contains merchandise
costing $1,500 which had been sold to a customer for $2,600. No entry had been made to
the books to reflect the return, but none of the returned merchandise seemed damaged.
Instructions
(a) Determine the proper inventory balance for Craig Company at December 31, 2007.
(b) Prepare any correcting entries to adjust inventory to its proper amount at December 31, 2007.
Assume the books have not been closed.
E8-15 (FIFO, LIFO, Average Cost Inventory) Shania Twain Company was formed on December 1,
2006. The following information is available from Twain’s inventory records for Product BAP.
                   &nbs p;                                        Units       Unit Cost
January 1, 2007 (beginning inventory) 600          $ 8.00
Purchases:
January 5, 2007                     ;              1,200            9.00
January 25, 2007             ;                    1,300           10.00
February 16, 2007       &nb sp;                        800             11.00
March 26, 2007                                    600             12.00
A physical inventory on March 31, 2007, shows 1,600 units on hand.
Instructions
Prepare schedules to compute the ending inventory at March 31, 2007, under each of the following inventory
methods.
(a) FIFO. (b) LIFO. (c) Weighted average.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Neo replied 5 years ago.
Good day!

Please download HERE.

For your future accounting questions, please feel free to address them to me by adding "For Neo" at the beginning of your post.

Thank you so much! :)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My question for E8-15 does not seem to match the answer or am I reading it wrong
Expert:  Neo replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Neo, Tutor
Experience: BS Accounting