Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

IT254-0902A-16 Spreadsheet Applications Task Name: Phase

Customer Question

IT254-0902A-16 Spreadsheet Applications
Task Name: Phase 4 Individual Project
Deliverable Length: 1 Excel workbook, and 1 Word document
Details: You are now ready to create the invoices you will present to each family that attends the family reunion. Each family will pay a portion of the general expenses and for their own food and t-shirts. You will also create invoices to give to each family when they pick up their t-shirts at the family reunion.

Before you can create the invoices, you must create a list of people attending the family reunion using the same Excel workbook. This list should include the Last Name, First Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Adult, and Child fields. Name this sheet Invoice List, change the color of the tab, and place it to the right of all of the other sheets in your workbook. Ensure that you only have one row of headings and invoke the List function through the Data menu to create a list of the data you have. Using the Total Row feature, count the number of families attending the family reunion; you will divide the total general expenses by this number to calculate the portion of general expenses each family will pay.

General expenses consist of the following: site rental, invitations/postage, decorations, photographer, and games, supplies, and prizes. These expenses can be found on your Budget sheet. On the Budget sheet in cell C21, type "Total General Expenses." In cell D21, write a formula that will give you the total of general expenses. To figure each family’s contribution to the general expenses, type "Per Family Cost" in cell C22 and write a formula in cell D22 to calculate this cost.

On your Invoice List sheet, create a new heading after Child for Family Cost. Notice that this new field becomes part of the list you had already created. In the first cell below your heading, write a formula that will calculate the total amount for which each family will be responsible. This formula will reference back to the Budget sheet to get the food costs, t-shirt costs, and the family costs that you just calculated. Remember to always use cell references in your formulas and do not forget to make the reference to the Budget sheet Absolute References so that you can copy this formula for all the other families. Also, don’t forget to include the cost of meals and t-shirts in the family cost.

Once you have the formula correctly written for the first family, use AutoFill to copy the formula for the remaining families on your invoice list. To check yourself, add a SUM function in the total row of your list for the Family Cost; this should match the $1,900 that is the cost of the entire family reunion. If this does not match, then check your formulas and correct as necessary.

You now have all the information needed to create another merge into Word from Excel to make an invoice to give to each family. Using the skills you used in Individual Project 3, create invoices in Word that have the family’s Last Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, the number of Adults and Children attending (a number for each), and the total owed by the family. The invoice can be as simple or elaborate as you want as long as you meet the requirement set forth for you here. Your invoice may be several lines long (enough to cover the required data) or an entire page long depending on your creativity.

Use the same naming convention when submitting this assignment (LastnameFirstnameIP4.xls and LastnameFirstnameInvoices.doc). Save a personal copy as well.
Category: Homework