Jay
Jay, Teacher
Experience:  Teacher - 7 yrs., Math/Science Tutor - 7 yrs., B.S. Psychogy, Published Writer, Ordained Minister
17093684

briefly describe the following biopsychology theories of emotion

briefly describe the following biopsychology theories of emotion: Darwin, James-Lange, Cannon-Bard, Limbic System, include the brain mechanisms involved with each.
Due by midnight? How many hours does that give you, in your time zone?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is 8:40 pm in Phoenix, AZ
My degree is in psychology, so I am a little familar with these people in psychology history. I will start on it immediately. Any other questions?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Jay, I have never used a site like this before, I am struggling with this class and need all the points I can get.

I hope these answers will help with your assignment. Thank you for using Just Answer!

Darwin's The Expression of Emotions in Man and Animals was the first major event of the biological bases of emotion. He believed emotions evolved from behaviors that indicated what an animal would do next in a given situation; that when these behaviors were advantageous to the animal.

The James-Lange Theory was the first attempt to explain the physiological bases of emotion' suggests that emotion-inducing stimuli are received and interpreted by the brain, which trigger visceral changes, organ changes in the thorax or abdomen, that subsequently trigger the experience of emotion. With this emotion is the result of one's perception of their reaction or bodily changes.

Canon-Baird Theory is an alternative theory based on the idea that emotional stimuli evoke visceral and emotional responses that are independent of one another. It suggest that there is no mechanism to emotion.

Shortly after Bard worked on the hypothalamic function theory, Papez proposed a limbic system that controlled the expression of emotions by connections with the hypothalamus and mediated the perception of emotions by connections with the cortex.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am so sorry Jay, I forgot to mention that the response needed to be between 200-300 words in length. Can you still help me?
Yes, I can. I need just a little over 26 more words.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.