Kara T
Kara T, Tutor
Experience:  Expert homework tutor since 2003! Penn Foster exams, Social Sciences, Economics, Grammar
16138652

54. Which sociological perspective(s) is (are) especially interested

Customer Question

54. Which sociological perspective(s) is (are) especially interested in ascribed statuses, because they often confer privileges or reflect a person's membership in a subordinate group?
A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. global perspective
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kevin P. replied 5 years ago.
Hello ,

The answer to your question is B. The conflict perspective is especially interested in ascribed statuses, because they often confer privileges or reflect a person's membership in a subordinate group.

Please see the following link for more assistance (to be used as a reference) -
click here

PLEASE do me a favor and let me know once you open/save the file so that I can disable the link. I do not want anyone else to be able to use this as their assignment - this is also for your protection.

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO 'ACCEPT' THIS ASSIGNMENT SO THAT CREDIT IS GIVEN. ALSO, BONUSES ARE ALWAYS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
kevin I didnt want just one answer for $30
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
these are the questions that i needed for $30

64. Which sociological perspective(s) would be most likely to support the idea that a dominant ideology is created through media images and is used to construct a reality based on protecting the interests of the powerful?
A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. global perspective

65. Which sociological perspective is most likely to be concerned with television distorting gender roles and stereotyping, often rooted in the media's willingness to promote more traditional views?
A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

66. Which sociological perspective is more likely to study the media's influence on society from the micro level to determine how social behavior is shaped?
A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

67. The function of media advertising is to support the economy, provide information about products, and underwrite media costs associated with:
A. conferment of status.
B. promotion of consumption.
C. enforcement of social norms.
D. surveillance of the social environment.

68. The process by which a relatively small number of people control what eventually reaches the audience is referred to as:
A. the dominant ideology.
B. gatekeeping.
C. the surveillance function.
D. the narcotizing dysfunction.

69. What is the term used to describe the set of cultural beliefs and practices that helps to maintain powerful social, economic, and political interests?

A. gatekeeping
B. the surveillance function
C. the narcotizing dysfunction
D. the dominant ideology

70. The creation of unreliable generalizations that distort the reality of persons, groups, and cultures is indicative of:
A. posture enabling.
B. the surveillance function.
C. the narcotizing dysfunction.
D. stereotyping.

71. A dysfunction of media promotion of product consumption would be:
A. creating realistic behavior.
B. raising unrealistic expectations.
C. notifying consumers of sales events.
D. increasing awareness of environmental issues.

72. Which of the following terms refers to the phenomenon whereby massive amounts of coverage result in the audience becoming numb and failing to act on the information regardless how compelling the issue presented?

A. narcotizing dysfunction
B. surveillance function
C. gatekeeping
D. reality phenomenon

73. Which sociological perspective emphasizes that societies literally could not operate if massive numbers of people defied standards of appropriate conduct?
A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. labeling perspective

74. Which sociological perspective would most likely be concerned with the association between the use of surveillance techniques as a means of social control and the power of an authoritarian government?

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

75. Which sociological perspective would most likely be concerned with the stigmatizing nature of formal social controls that require convicted sex-offenders to register with police agencies and have their pictures published in newspapers to make their identities publicly known?

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. global perspective

76. "Deviance defines the limits of proper behavior." This statement represents the view of which sociological perspective?
A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

77. Which sociological perspective's approach to deviance focuses on why rule violation continues to exist in societies despite pressures to conform and obey?
A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

78. Which sociological perspective is reflected through the crime explanations offered by both cultural transmission and routine activities theory?

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

79. An important tenet of labeling theory is the recognition that some individuals or groups have the power to define labels and apply them to others. This view shares the emphasis on the social significance of power as purported by the:

A. functionalist perspective.
B. conflict perspective.
C. interactionist perspective.
D. global perspective.
Expert:  Kevin P. replied 5 years ago.
I see them now. The original question only had #54.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what kind of question's do you need
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just need help with these answers

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. global perspective

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

A. conferment of status.
B. promotion of consumption.
C. enforcement of social norms.

A. the dominant ideology.
B. gatekeeping.
C. the surveillance function.
D. the narcotizing dysfunction.

A. gatekeeping
B. the surveillance function
C. the narcotizing dysfunction
D. the dominant ideology

A. posture enabling.
B. the surveillance function.
C. the narcotizing dysfunction.
D. stereotyping.

A. creating realistic behavior.
B. raising unrealistic expectations.
C. notifying consumers of sales events.

A. narcotizing dysfunction
B. surveillance function
C. gatekeeping
D. reality phenomenon

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. labeling perspective

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. global perspective

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

A. functionalist perspective
B. conflict perspective
C. interactionist perspective
D. feminist perspective

A. functionalist perspective.
B. conflict perspective.
C. interactionist perspective.
D. global perspective.
Expert:  Kara T replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Expert:  Kara T replied 5 years ago.
Hello again! Did you have any questions about the selected answers?