Neo, Tutor
Experience:  BS Accounting

Neo I need help Javadi Company makes a composing

Neo I need help                   &nb sp;                                   Javadi Company makes a composing bin that is subject to wide seasonal variations in demand. Unit production costs are computed on a quarterly basis by dividing each quarter’s manufacturing costs (materials, labor, and overhead) by the quarter’s production in units. The company’s estimated costs, by quarter, for the coming year are given below:
     First     Second     Third     Fourth
Direct materials       $ 240,000.00       $120,000.00       $ 60,000.00       $180,000.00
Direct labor       $    96,000.00       $ 48,000.00       $ 24,000.00       $ 72,000.00
Manufacturing overhead:     228,000     204,000     192,000     216,000
Total cost       $ 564,000.00       $372,000.00       $276,000.00      468,000
Number of units produced      80000     40000     20000     60000
Estimated unit product cost       $       7.05       $          9.30       $          13.80       $        7.80

Management finds the variation in units costs confusing and difficult to work with. It has been suggested that the problem lies with manufacturing overhead, since it is the largest element of cost. According , you have been asked to find a more appropriate way of assignment manufacturing overhead cost to units of product. After some analysis, you have determined that the company’s overhead costs are mostly fixed and therefore show little sensitivity to changes in the level of production.
1. The company uses a job-order costing system. How would you recommend that manufacturing overhead cost be assigned to production? Be specific, and show computation.
2. Recomputed company’s unit product costs in accordance with your recommendations in (1) above.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I need you to reword this answer for me. I want it to mean the same thing but in different words. I hope you can help me with this. And neo I will be using only you for the remaining question that I need answer.

In computing unit costs, the weighted-average method mixes costs of the prior period in with current period costs. Thus, under the weighted-average method, unit costs are influenced to some extent by what happened in a prior period. This problem becomes particularly significant when attempting to measure performance in the current period. Good cost control in the current period might be concealed to some degree by the unit costs that have been brought forward in the beginning inventory. The reverse could also be true in that poor cost control during a period might be concealed somewhat (or entirely) by the costs of the prior period that have been brought
forward and added in with current period costs.                          
Good day!

I am very sorry but I am not good in rewording especially when the essay does not comes from me. I really do apologize as writing stuffs are really my weakness.:(