Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP
Not a Homework Question?
How JustAnswer Works:
Ask an Expert
Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
Get a Professional Answer
Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
Ask follow up questions if you need to.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David Scrafton Your Own Question
BSc(Hons) - 1st class honours in Chemistry, MPhil (Chemistry), MBBS (Medicine)
Type Your Homework Question Here...
David Scrafton is online now
The following is for a Biology Tutor. Please can you ck if
This answer was rated:
The following is for a Biology Tutor. Please can you ck if they are correct? I have placed a XX in front of the letter of my answer.
1. How does mitosis in plant cells differ from that in animal cells?
A. Animal cells don’t form a spindle.
B. Animal cells lack cytokinesis.
C. Plant cells lack a cell plate.
xxD. Plant cells lack centrioles.
2. Polygenic inheritance can explain
XXA. a range of phenotypes among the offspring.
B. the occurrence of degrees of dominance.
C. incomplete dominance.
D. pleiotropy syndrome.
3. Which of these is true of meiosis?
A. n >n XX C. 2n >n
B. n >2n D. 2n >2n
4. The genetic disorder sickle cell disease is an example of
XXA. pleiotropy. C. epistasis.
B. heterozygous dominance. D. homozygous dominance.
5. Which one of the following genotypes causes Klinefelter syndrome?
A. XY XX C. XXY
B. XX D. XYY
6. The phase of cell division in which the nuclear envelope and nucleolus are disappearing
as the spindle fibers are appearing is called
A. anaphase. C. telophase.
XXB. prophase. D. metaphase.
7. Which one of the following phrases best describes the human karyotype?
A. 46 pairs of autosomes
B. Sex chromosomes along with 23 pairs of autosomes
XXC. One pair of sex chromosomes and 22 pairs of autosomes
D. X and Y chromosomes and 22 pairs of autosomes
8. Autosomes are _______ chromosomes.
A. haploid C. homologous
XXB. non-sex D. abnormal
9. When you notice that someone has unusually blue eyes, you’ve noticed their
A. allele. XXC. phenotype.
B. hybridization. D. genotype.
10. Which one of the following statements about mitosis is correct?
A. It’s part of the process of oogenesis.
XXB. It forms two daughter cells.
C. It creates haploid nuclei.
D. It consists of two parts: mitosis I and mitosis II.
11. Which of these is happening when translation takes place?
A. mRNA is still in the nucleus.
B. rRNAs expose their anticodons.
C. DNA is being replicated.
XXD. tRNAs are bringing amino acids to the ribosomes.
12. Two organisms, each with the genotypes TtGg, mate. The chance of producing an
offspring that has the dominant phenotype for height (T) and the recessive phenotype
for color (g) is
XXA. 3/16. C. 9/16.
B. 7/16. D. 11/16.
13. A parent with type AB blood could not produce a child with type
A. A. C. AB.
B. B. XXD. O.
14. Which one of the following strands of DNA is the complement strand to C-C-A-T-C-G?
XXA. G-G-T-A-G-C C. A-A-C-G-A-T
B. G-G-A-T-G-C D. T-T-G-C-T-A
15. Which chromosomal mutation results in Alagille syndrome?
A. Inversion C. Duplication
B. Translocation XXD. Deletion
16. An enhancer affects what level of genetic control?
A. Post-transcription XXC. Transcription
B. Translation D. Post-translation
17. A woman who isn’t colorblind but has an allele for color blindness reproduces with a
man who has normal vision. What is the chance that they’ll have a colorblind daughter?
A. 50% C. 100%
B. 25% XX D. 0%
18. A recessive allele t is responsible for a condition called distonia. A man who has this
condition marries a woman who doesn’t. One of their four children has the condition.
What are the possible genotypes of the man and the woman? (Hint: To help you
answer this question, create a Punnett square for each possibility.)
A. The father is Tt; the mother is TT.
B. The father is tt; the mother is TT.
C. Both parents are TT.
XXD. The father is tt; the mother is Tt.
19. If a piece of DNA breaks off from a chromosome and attaches itself to a nonhomologous
chromosome at another location, what type of change has occurred?
A. Inversion C. Deletion
B. Duplication XXD. Translocation
20. Which one of the following is a characteristic of cancer cells?
A. They’re usually either nerve cells or cardiac muscle cells.
XXB. They result in uncontrolled growth.
C. They have a specialized structure and function.
D. They can’t travel to other parts of the body.
22. From the cross Aa x Aa, the probability of producing a homozygous dominant
A. 25%. C. 75%.
XXB. 50%. D. 100%.
23. Genomics is
A. a sequence of mutant genes.
B. the study of the human genome.
C. the study of cellular protein structures.
XXD. a mechanism used in DNA fingerprinting.
24. Nondisjunction is the
A. exchange of chromosome pieces.
XXB. failure of chromosome pairs to separate completely.
C. loss of a piece of a chromosome.
D. repetitive replications of the same piece of a chromosome.
25. If a cell has 18 chromosomes, how many chromosomes would each daughter cell have
A. 9 C. 36
XXB. 18 D. The number can’t be determined.
Share this conversation
replied 7 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You need to spend $3 to view this post.
to your account and buy credits.
David Scrafton and 2 other Homework Specialists are ready to help you
Ask your own question now
Share this conversation
Related Homework Questions
Refer to the Excel file Salary (attached to the assignment)
I have a microsoft viso revison assighnbment thats due in 12
In Excel for Mac (2011 and 2015 at least), popout comments
How would you respond to Carol? Describe issues you yourself
For LogicPro - Remote help"
For LogicPro only
Can you assist
Write 5 page on the struggle for civil rights in the United
Stem cells. Your friend had a spinal cord injury after a bad
Firewall Inbound and Outbound Rules, you are given a set-up
Ask a Tutor
Get a Professional Answer. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
39 Tutors are Online Now
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Terms of Service
Privacy & Security
© 2003-2016 JustAnswer LLC