Joanne, Tutor
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Political Science

1. The Incidence of the Tax Identify and explain the factors

Customer Question

1.     The Incidence of the Tax
Identify and explain the factors that determine who actually bears the burden of a tax increase on a specific good, such as gasoline, cigarettes, or some other product. Use at least two examples in your response. Is the incidence of the tax a consideration when government imposes this tax increase? Why or why not?

2.     Trade restrictions have a significant impact upon international trade. Identify and discuss at least two arguments that support trade restrictions and two against trade restrictions. Use at least one example for each argument. Which arguments do you agree with and why?
3. Answer the following questions based on the graph that represents J.R.'s demand for ribs per week of ribs at Judy's rib shack.
a. At the equilibrium price, how many ribs would J.R. be willing to purchase?
b. How much is J.R. willing to pay for 20 ribs?
c. What is the magnitude of J.R.'s consumer surplus at the equilibrium price?
d. At the equilibrium price, how many ribs would Judy be willing to sell?
e. How high must the price of ribs be for Judy to supply 20 ribs to the market?
f. At the equilibrium price, what is the magnitude of total surplus in the market?
g. If the price of ribs rose to $10, what would happen to J.R.'s consumer surplus?
h. If the price of ribs fell to $5, what would happen to Judy's producer surplus?
i. Explain why the graph that is shown verifies the fact that the market equilibrium (quantity) maximizes the sum of producer and consumer surplus.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Joanne replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer please post the graph for question 3.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can I send it to you via word doc? Is there a way to attach a doc? I really need your help and i am sure its hard to help without the graph. Is there an email i can send it that way?
Expert:  Joanne replied 7 years ago.
Hi, you can try hosting the file on websites like, then paste the link here so I can access the file
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I sent it to

MICRO WK 2 assignment 2 graph
Expert:  Joanne replied 7 years ago.
Hi, you need to copy and paste the link of your file here.

after you have finish uploading,they will show you a link on the righthand side,please paste that link here.
Expert:  Joanne replied 7 years ago.
Okay, I have access to the graph now. I will post the answer asap. Please check back later.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Joanne

Thank you so much, Can you keep my questions private? by deleting off system so no one else can see.

Thanks again your help is helping me understand economics, which i do struggle with.
Expert:  Joanne replied 7 years ago.

Glad to be able to provide assistance.

I will ask the moderators to lock your previous questions.

We can lock this one after we are done with it.

Thank, I will start work on your questions after I am done with another piece of assignment. Will reply you by tonight.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you for that:)
Expert:  Joanne replied 7 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>Hello Joanne</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>I want to thank you for all your help. However I have withdrawn from this class because I need to really understand the material and have opted to take this at a later date.</p><p> </p><p>Thank you again,</p><p> </p><p>Customer</p>
Expert:  Joanne replied 7 years ago.
alright, good luck with everything you do then.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i didnt accept answer can u correct this is the system.I don;t see where I can decline. It is still showing up "waiting on me" I need this corrected, please. and thank you for your help at the time:)