RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst

Consider (5) classroom strategies in essay form, you explain

Consider (5) classroom strategies in essay form, you explain how each is more appropriate for specific developmental levels and how each encourages critical thinking in students. Use hypothetical examples to prove your points. 1. Richard Curwin & Allen Mendler, 2. Harry & Rosemary Wong, 3. Spencer Kagan,Patricia Kyle, & Sally Scott, 4. Alfie Kohn, 5. William Glasser.
Category: Homework
Expert:  RopTeam replied 5 years ago.
HelloCustomer Thanks for choosking Just Answer. I can assist with this question.
Please let me know date due?

Thank you,

toneemarie

Response in APA format with cites/references.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Toneemarie;

I need the essay by Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thank you for your cooperation

Customer/p>
Expert:  RopTeam replied 5 years ago.

HICustomer I will post a response by Tues. pm. for your review.

thank you,

toneemarie

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  RopTeam replied 5 years ago.

Working on this now. Will post tonight.

tm

Expert:  RopTeam replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Here is a draft of the first part of the paper. I will get this up by tomorrow a.m.

thanks,

The final will be in a file for download...word doc with cites/references etc.

tm

___________

There are several classroom strategies used by teachers today to assist with learning and growing character in young people today. Explain how each is more appropriate for specific developmental levels and how each encourages critical thinking in students. Hypothetical examples are provided to emphasis how these strategies are engaged.

Richard Curwin & Allen Mendler

There are five goals that Curwin & Mendler have in their Discipline with Dignity classroom strategy.

1. Effective Communication

2. Avoiding Potentially Explosive Situations

3. Reducing Violence

4. Preparing Children for the Future

5. Valuing and Maintaining Opportunities for Learning
http://www.educationworld.com/a_admin/admin/admin534.shtml

This program is for elemenatary through high school students. It requires that the teacher take the time to first get to know each student. Once there is a connection, it is more difficult for the student to betray that relationship. When there is a problem with the behavior. The best thing to do is not react out of emotion. Respond to the problem focusing on something relevant but indirect. For example when a child wears headphones in class and you have asked them to remove them. They refuse. Try asking them what are they listening to. Then make a comment about the artist, music, etc. After class, a more direct talk as to why they need to remove the headphones, can be discussed without confrontation.

2. Harry & Rosemary Wong

These educators have a strategy for teachers to organize their classrooms that minimizes disruptions and avoids problems before they can start. The Classroom management strategies have been highly successful and have been used in k-8 and high school classroom across the U.S. and around the world. The premise is to structure your first day of school by giving the students something that is missing from most of their lives. Consistency.

When students know in advance what is required of them, they are more apt to do it.

XXXXX XXXXX has a 100% success rate with his students passing a vocational welders class using the principles taught in the Wong's book The First Days of School. His example comes from bringing a cake to school and serving it to the students. The students were bringing their equipment to school in less than optimum condition repeatedly after being instructed in the correct way. To explain his point. He brought in a large beautiful chocolate cake. He then used his hand to grab a handful of cake and serve it to each student on a plate. When they exclaimed what are you doing Mr. Smith! The mess represented the way the student's equipment looked. They were then told to throw out the cake. Mr. Smith then took out a second cake in pristine condition and cut it with a knife and served it the correct way to each student. He then asked them what was the difference in how they were served. They replied that the cake was served neatly and professionally. From then on they kept their equipment in excellent condition.

Expert:  RopTeam replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience: Business Analyst