KEKE
KEKE, Business Accountant
Experience:  3.72 high school gpa; 3.54 college gpa. 4 years professional experience, Naturally gifted writer
13327820

. Assignment Developing Good Business Sense Resources

Customer Question

. Assignment: Developing Good Business Sense

• Resources: Ch. 12 of Introduction to Business

• Due Date: Day 7 [Individual] forum

• Read the Developing Good Business Sense activity on p. 394 of the text.

• Answer questions 1-4 from the activity in a 700- to 1,050-word paper in APA format.

• Post your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment.
Why Do Operating
Systems Differ?
Many people take the way goods
and services are provided to them
for granted. They do not think about
the nature of the operating system that
produces the goods and services they receive. To
improve your understanding of how OMM processes
work, complete the following assignment.
1. Choose three companies and observe how employees
do their tasks. These can be three different
fast-food restaurants or three entirely different types
of companies, such as a fast-food restaurant, a department
store, or the emergency room of a hospital.
2. Think about the differences in the operations
involved in the input, operations, and output stages
of these companies. Try to identify the nature of their
operating systems. Are employees organized in different
ways? If so, why? If possible, talk to the managers
and employees in these operations to further
your analysis.
3. What are the main kinds of OMM costs companies
have? How does this affect their OMM operations?
4. How do companies design their operating systems
to give them a competitive advantage?
Category: Homework
Expert:  KEKE replied 5 years ago.
Hello there! When do you need this by?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
class ends tonight right away
Expert:  KEKE replied 5 years ago.
I will begin to work on then now then....Be back shortly!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>Lowe's,   . </p><p>   has individual departments within   the store and a structured management staff to ensure that the business is operationally sound. The core goal for the company is also the same; service the customer and out perform the competition. </p><p> </p><p>The main kinds of Operations and Materials Management costs that companies have are: raw materials and components, plant, labor, inventory and distribution. This affects their Operations and Materials Management operations by dictating what the company's overall ability to service its customers and perform will be. If a customer does not have enough or proper computers, tools and equipment it will affect the Operations and Materials Management   operations   by preventing it from producing enough finished products. A   company's labor costs affect its Operations and Materials </p><p>Managements operations by   being the largest expense that it will have. A company must leverage its payroll expense by meetings the profit goals they set.</p><p> </p><p>A company's inventory is a vital part towards its success. A company must have enough inventory, to provide their customers with product in order to be successful. This affects a company's Operations and Materials Management   operations because without the proper amount and type of inventory they will be unable to service their customers. The same goes for   having too much inventory. When a company has too much inventory on hand   it ties up its capital that could be spent on other things that would increase its profitability. One way that retail companies reduce the amount of inventory on hand while increasing their Operations and Materials Management   operations is to push special orders. These are orders that the store has to order for the customer which reduces handling of the products. This increases a store's profit margin and the overall Operations and Materials Management costs. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Companies design their operating system to give them a competitive advantage by: increasing productivity, increasing innovation, increasing quality and increasing responsiveness to customers. Increasing   productivity in a company ties into its plant costs. If the company does not have proper computers and the equipment necessary to process customer orders its productivity will decrease. In addition, the company must maintain efficient inventory controls, so that it can control and reduce its inventory holding costs as well as the time associated with the handling of extra inventory. Innovation helps to create a competitive advantage by providing additional ways to sell products at a lower cost. </p><p> </p><p>Increasing responsiveness to customers is an area that can quickly separate a company from its competition.   A company that provides high-quality customer service, an overall satisfying shopping experience and good after sales service will have a competitive advantage. To increase the quickness of a customer's shopping experience many retailers, especially grocery stores have installed self checkout stations for customers who have small orders. This has helped to reduce the wait that many customers previously experienced. Many companies have structured training programs to assist their new hires with the knowledge needed to assist customers. In addition, the presentation of a company whether they are online or have a physical location is important. Customers want to be able to shop at a store and find what they need quickly. Poor presentations will result in customers leaving with a poor   impression about how that company feels about its customers. Furthermore, stores that are properly staffed with employees who are knowledgeable will give an advantage to company's who fail to provide help for its customers.   THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!</p>
Expert:  KEKE replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
KEKE, Business Accountant
Experience: 3.72 high school gpa; 3.54 college gpa. 4 years professional experience, Naturally gifted writer