Susan Athena
Susan Athena, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  10+ yrs teaching & tutoring. AP essay grader. 2 masters degrees. English, IT, business.
12809769

I also have another assignment that I would like your assistance

Customer Question

I also have another assignment that I would like your assistance on. It is as follows:

Please hide/lock after answer has been accepted and paid for

APA Form and Style,References, Citations, and paraphrasing                      

1. Which sentence(s) of the pair listed below is/are correct?
        Rhoades (2000) found that college students were more likely to cheat when under pressure. Rhoades (2000) also noted that these students were hungry.
        Rhoades (2000) found that college students were more likely to cheat when under pressure. Rhoades also noted that these students were hungry.
        Both are correct.
        Neither one is correct.

2. Which sentence(s) of the pair listed below is/are correct?
        Rhodes, Samuels, and Magee (2003) found similar results. However, Rhodes et al. noted that their results were consistent over time.
        Rhodes, Samuels, and Magee (2003) found similar results. However, Rhodes, Samuels, and Magee (2003) noted that their results were consistent over time.
        Both are correct.
        Neither one is correct.

3. In the following list, which is correct?
        Rogers, et al (1996)
        Rogers, et al. (1996)
        Rogers (1996) et al.
        Rogers et al. (1996)

4. You want to cite a document authored by the American Psychological Association. You will be citing this multiple times in your paper. Which of the following is the correct way to cite this the first time in your paper?
        (APA, 2000).
        (APA 2000).
        (American Psychological Association, 2000).
        (American Psychological Association [APA], 2000).

5. You cite the following works by the same author to reference an idea in your paper: Rush, 2000; Rush, 1996; Rush, 2004. What is the proper way to cite these in your text?
        Rush, Rush, and Rush (2000, 1996, 2004)
        Rush (1996, 2000, 2004)
        Rush (1996; 2000; 2004)
        Rush (2000, 1996, 2004)

6. You are citing multiple authors to substantiate a point. Which of the presentations below is correct?
        (John, 1999; Bates, 2004)
        (John, 1999, Bates, 2004)
        (Bates, 2004; John, 1999)
        (Bates, 2004, John, 1999)

7. Which of the following is the best way to cite a phone conversation you had on October 6, 2003, with John Rodes, the author of the Quality of Touring scale?
        John Rodes (phone conversation, 2003)
        J. Rodes (2003)
        Rodes (2003)
        J. Rodes (personal communication, October 6, 2003)

8. On March 1, 2004, you found some interesting information on the Goober scale at www.gooberscale.com. Dr. Ben Goober has provided information on the statistical properties of his scale. You want to cite this in your paper. How should you do it?
        (www.gooberscale.com, 2004)
        (Goober, 2004)
        (www.gooberscale.com, Goober, 2004)
        (Goober, www.gooberscale.com, 2004)

9. Which reference(s) of the pair listed below is/are correctly presented?
        Wilks, Sating, and Booth (1996)
        Wilks, J.E., Sating, J.P., and Booth, S.M. (1996)
        Both are correct.
        Neither one is correct.

10. How would you reference the following? You found information on the APA Web site on October 10, 2003, in an article called, "Online Classrooms: A Lesson in Technology"?
        www.apa.org (2004, October). Online classrooms: A lesson in technology.
        www.apa.org. (2004). Online classrooms: A lesson in technology.
        American Psychological Association. (2004). Online classrooms: A lesson in technology. Retrieved October 10, 2003, from www.apa.org.
        None of the above

11. True or False: If you retrieve an article from an online database, such as PsycARTICLES, you have to put, "Retrieved from the PsycARTICLES database" at the end of your reference.
        True
        False

12. What is the correct format for a journal reference? (Points: 1)
        Hanging indent, italicize the journal title and volume number.
        Flush left, italicize the journal title and volume number.
        Indent the first line 5 spaces, underline journal title and volume number.
        Hanging indent, underline the journal title and volume number.

13. Which is/are guidelines when considering references for your paper?
        Try to provide an exhaustive Reference list.
        Ensure that all citations are listed in the Reference list (and that all references are cited in the text).
        You can only cite references from the previous five years.
        All of the above

14. A work that you are citing has six authors. What is the correct way to cite it?
        Cite all six authors the first time, and cite all six authors each time you cite this work in your paper.
        Cite the last name of the first author followed by et al. and cite the same way upon subsequent citations.
        Both are correct.
        Neither one is correct.

15. You have two references that you want to cite: Jones, Teler, and Sorbonne (2000) and Jones, Sigmen, and Sorbonne (2001). How should the first reference be cited after the first time you cite it?
        Jones, Teler, et al. (2000)
        Jones, et al. (2000)
        Jones et al. (2000)
        None of these are correct.

16. True or False: If XXXXX XXXXX has publications in multiple years (for example, 2000, 2004, 1996), it doesn't matter what order the entries appear in the Reference list.
        True
        False

17. True or False: In the Reference list, titles of books should have the first letter of each main word capitalized, such as Of Mice and Men.
        True
        False

18. What should be included with each quotation cited in your article or paper?
        Author
        Year
        Page number
        All of the above

19. True or False: In the Reference list, the title of a journal and the issue number, as well as the title of a book, should be in italics.
        True
        False

20. True or False: In the Reference list, the title of a book should be underlined.
        True
    False
Category: Homework
Expert:  Susan Athena replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Salsa. Thank you so much for requesting me again!

I can also do this one for you in time for it to land on your desk by 6 AM EST. Does that work?

Susan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Again, that sounds great
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.