Ask MaiLinda, MA & MAOM Your Own Ques...

MaiLinda, MA & MAOM
MaiLinda, MA & MAOM, Teacher
Experience:  I successfully completed 9 years of college homework assignments

View the Classroom Management” video clip from Chapter 11

View the “Classroom Management” video clip from Chapter 11 on the textbook
companion website www.ablongman.com/johnson13e
1. Navigate to: www.ablongman.com/johnson13e
2. From the ‘Select Chapter’ drop down menu choose Chapter 11 and click ‘GO.’
3. From the menu on the left select ‘Video Clips.’
4. Click on the “Classroom Management” video clip.
-Answer the following: Taking the constructivist theory of education, write a 700-1,050 word paper in which you describe your ideals for effective classroom management. In separate paragraphs describe your approach to classroom organization, motivation, discipline, and teaching styles, given your current perspective. Contrast each element of this paper with the opposite approach, behaviorist, as you see it.
Category: Homework
Expert:  MaiLinda, MA & MAOM replied 5 years ago.

I have an education degree so I know exactly what you are needing to do and the terminology (i.e. Skinners behaviorist theory / Vitsgosky scaffld theory and Maslow hierarchy of needs) - I'm well versed on these. I received a 3.87 GPA in my 2007 MA English education.

However, the time involved to do this is not simple.

I am willing to do the following in STEPS .. which means you will need to approve the answer each step of the way before I proceed to the next one.

There is a few hours of work here to be honest - (you must know that yourself or you wouldn't be here - LOL).

Step 1: I will watch the video and give you an annotation of it (just so you know I watched it).

step 2. I will write a 700 (not 1,050) word paper on classroom management: classroom organization, motivation, discipline, and teaching styles (which is where knowedge of theory needs to come in as I listed above).

Step. 3 I will contrast each one with behaviorist (because it is like writng a separate paper).

There is a lot of education technical knowledge to do this assignment which I have ... so that's great. But I also know that these types of research, write a paper and then write another contrast .. can be time intensive.

Let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is just fine. Thank you for your help!

Okay ... telll me when you need the FINAL project by .. Keep in mind I'm on the EASTERN time zone. Give me the DAY and the DATE.

(I won Florida Beg. Teacher of the Year this past year so rest assured I know what I'm doing!) and I know what they want.

I will write it in APA with in-text citations and an APA reference page when it is all done.

When I talk about Skinners Behaviorist theory, I will make sure to blend it with the constructivist theory paper... your final paper will be between 700 to 800 words.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I need it by Wednesday the 28th of January. Thank you again or your help!

Good God sweetie ..

What TME on Wednesday. Do I have wednesday evening to work on this as well?

Hi. I am Unable to do the first part because I would have to down load a program into my computer and do not wish to do that for security purposes. I avoid all downloads unless essential for personal reasons.

I am going to proceed with the constructivist paper .. 350 words w/ intext cite and references. I'll submit it to you for ACCEPT as we discussed.

Then, I'll proceed with BEHAVIORIST for a second ACCEPT as agreed.

Sorry about the video. IF there are questions you need to have answered based on the video let me know and I can do it strictly by research.

Okie dokie?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sounds great.

Your paper will be completed today. CHECK back sweetie around 1:30 and see if the first part is done. I will do it during my break .. and await your ACCEPTED answer. Check back this evening ... around 7 p.m. and the remainder should be finished.

Also, if you like my writing style, it would not be a bad idea to take my name down so you can put it in a header if you want me to help you with other assignments like this (i.e. Attention MaiLinda). Keeping the same "voice" is always good for consistent work.

Thanks for being flexible in giving me the opportunity to help you ..

Here is constructivist answer ... please ACCEPT ... ... don't worry, it will all be layed out on paper in the final. This is approx. 2 pages long double spaced, 12 font times new roman. The behaviorist theory will be added to each of the paragraphs for easy compare / contrast once you ACCEPT this one. I need you to accept it asap please because I don't write essay late at nite - LOL. I usually do it around 5 p.m. Okie dokie. I addressed EACH of the items she wanted as writen - in separate paragrahs.

Word count: 494

References used: 4

" Much of the material used to educate students at grade levels beyond primary school is largely text and lecture based, which have significant limitations" (http://www.ndt-ed.org/, n.d.). Throughout the years educators have worked to find other ways to teach students lessons that they might not otherwise learn based strictly on old-fashioned, restricted learning methods. This paper looks at two learning theories: Constructivist learning theory and behavioral learning theory. I will address both theories as they pertain to classroom organization, environment, motivation, discipline and teaching style.

Founded by John Dewey and developed further by Jean Piaget, constructivist learning theory "...describes a learner-centered environment where knowledge and the making of knowledge is interactive, inductive, and collaborative, where multiple perspectives are represented, and where questions are valued" (www. online.sfsu.edu, n.d.)

According to Ganly (2007), the "constructivist approach to classroom organization can be reflected in the classroom by allowing everything from seating arraignments to the lesson plans to be subject to change" (http://www.associatedcontent.com/). Desks should be organized to encourage group activity and face-to-face communication with each other, not just the teacher. Students should have input into how their classroom is arranged.

The constructivist classroom should have an environment that is active, lively and full of energy. Because the children have so much more say in their classroom, the environment will reflect their thought process. The energy is high and the attitudes positive.

A constructivist teacher is a motivator and an outgoing leader in the classroom. The constructivist teacher does not look down on students with rimmed glasses and "put the child in his / her place." Motivation not only comes from the teacher to the child but from the children to each other. This is partly formed because they are part of the lesson, they are part of the plan and the environment.

"Constructivist teachers," according to Rheta and Zan (n.d.), "do not "discipline" children in the sense of controlling and punishing them." (tigger.uic.edu). If "corrective measure needs to be taken, it should be clear and definite so the child knows what to do to avoid it in the future and what to do to reinstate him- or her-self when it is invoked" (tigger.uic.edu). Children should be taught how their actions cause a reaction to something or someone else. Taking ownership of ones behavior and understanding the consequences of it is also important - as well as is sharing feelings about incorrect behavior. And sometimes it is just best for an adult to let a child experience the natural consequence of an action so that learning can take place.

Constructivist teaching style dictates high not low-level thinking (think Blooms Taxonomy). "When assigning tasks to students, use cognitive terminology such as "classify," "analyze," "predict," and "create" (http://www.ndt-ed.org/, n.d.). Avoid tasks that simply have students reciting or memorizing information. Peers should learn from each other and not just the teacher. Furthermore, "put students in situations that might challenge their previous conceptions and that will create contradictions that will encourage discussion" (www.ndt-ed.org).

MaiLinda, MA & MAOM, Teacher
Experience: I successfully completed 9 years of college homework assignments

Thank you for your honesty!!! I really appreciate it and will leave you positive feed back on that.

Now for the second part (and final) .. I will blend into it Behaviorist theory and wrap it up with a conclusion, plus full APA reference page.

Please ACCEPT it when you get it (I think you can even add it on as a bonus).

Thank you!! I will leave you positive feedback when done!

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
MaiLinda, MA & MAOM, Teacher