Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Describe the social, economic, and political composition of

Customer Question

Describe the social, economic, and political composition of the decade of corporate
greed and how it affected the political climate of the 1980s. Keep in mind that
Reagan's tax policies favored some people over others
Category: Homework
Expert:  Homework Help replied 7 years ago.

How long does this have to be?

What format?

What references do you need?

What type of class? (government, politics, business)

What level class?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi It actually has to be 6 to 9 power point slides with detailed speacker notes. APA format, His 135 is the class, and it is a college class. I have below the notes from the instructor concerning this assignment also I would appreciate it if this was an original, I am having a lot of trouble in this class and I am really sick and need all the extra help this week I can get because there is only 2 weeks left of class and i need a good grade, just to let you know i do not plan on copying and pasting i will use my own words, you dont even need to compile the slides just the infor and any suggestions for the slides . Thank you so much and let me know if you need anything else.

This is from the instructor.

Pay attention to the objective!!!!

Describe the social, economic, and political composition of the decade of corporate greed and how it affected the political climate of the 1980s. Keep in mind that Reagan's tax policies favored some people over others.

What does this objective mean?

The objective is asking for you to describe the atmosphere of the 80's - how did the social, economic, and political climate of the decade form one single tapestry - the whole picture? How did this picture then affect politics? Try starting with this: After doing all the reading associated with the topic, how would you describe the 80's in one sentence? The presentation would then support your assumption.

In a nutshell: Describe the atmosphere of the 1980's and how it reflected the conservative nature of the decade.

Tip 1:

Read the Electronic Reserve Readings assigned for Week 7. Each article gives two sides of the story this assignment wants you to address. However!! Don't be misguided by the emphasis on these readings - meaning, don't make your entire presentation about these articles - they are simply additional material to help you address the overall objective.

Tip 1a: - rely on your text reading!!!

Tip 2:

Focus on the style of politics that prevailed in the 80's - conservative. Look at the Supplemental on this week's checkpoint to remind you of how liberals and conservatives approach stimulating a weak economy. How did Reagan, as a conservative, try to handle the recession?

Tip 2a: a "left-winger" or "the left" is slang for liberal. A "right-winger" or "the right" is slang for conservative.

Tip 3:

Ask yourself why this was called the Decade of Corporate Greed? How do you think this description will play into your presentation as you discuss the social, economic, and political composition of the decade? Why do you think the objective warned you to "Keep in mind that Reagan's tax policies favored some people over others."?

Tip 4:

Don't be afraid to make value statements (but not in first person!) What worked in the 1980's? What didn't work? Was the economic recovery beneficial to everyone? Did it last, or create problems for the future?

Tip 5:

Look at the comments I made on your last PowerPoint Presentation so you don't make the same mistakes twice. Don't overload your slides with information. Make sure you provide adequate explanation of each slide in your slide notes - slide notes - slide notes - that is where the content needs to be explained!

Final tip:

Let your presentation flow like an essay. It needs an intro, a body, and a conclusion.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you think you can help?

Actually I just asked for some assistance from Just Answer. This is more detailed that what I had thought you needed. I will be back with you within a few mintues.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok well i really don't need it until tomorrow morning , at least by lunch! Thanks so much. it is 3:50pm my time, not sure where you are
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Any luck?

I'm going to opt out. The turnaround is just too short, especially at $9.00. I assumed when I responded that you simply needed a few paragraphs that I could turnaround in 30 minutes or so.

I'm going to opt out. Thanks.