Ask MaiLinda, MA & MAOM Your Own Ques...

MaiLinda, MA & MAOM
MaiLinda, MA & MAOM, Teacher
Experience:  I successfully completed 9 years of college homework assignments
15208580

1. When preparing an environment for school-aged children,

Customer Question

1.   When preparing an environment for school-aged children, the caregiver should ensure that the
      A. environment resembles their school setting.
      B. children are continually intermixed with the younger children.
      C. outdoor area allows them to continually challenge their physical ability.
      D. children have the opportunity to relax in a homelike atmosphere.

2.   Rachel's parents enrolled her in your after-school program in September. In October, Rachel and another girl named Callye started planning a holiday play for December. They worked on the plan everyday. Soon they became inseparable. In December, parents were invited to watch the play scripted by "best friends" Rachel and Callye.
Based on the information in the above paragraph, Rachel and Callye are most likely _______ years old.

A. 5
      B. 6
      C. 11
      D. 8

3.   A(n) _______ is a characteristic of children at age five.
      A. desire to play with children of different ages
      B. slowing down of growth and development
      C. awkwardness with emerging motor skills
      D. understanding of the ramifications of one's actions

4.   One of the most important factors in a caregiver's ability to provide quality care is
      A. good business sense.
      B. patience.
      C. knowledge of child development.
      D. experience in the field.

5.   Keeping information about children confidential
      A. is a matter of choice.
      B. isn't important.
      C. is a fundamental rule.
      D. prevents communication.

6.   Children develop to their potential when caregivers have
      A. realistic expectations.
      B. strong values.
      C. a philosophy.
      D. regulations.

7.   Which of the following observations of children is the most objective?
      A. Chris took a toy truck from Alex. Alex cried, became angry because Chris took the truck, and then stamped his feet on the floor. He snatched the truck back from Chris, and ran to the caregiver.
      B. Eddie went to the shelf and chose a teddy bear to play with. He took a plastic spoon and bowl and repeatedly moved the spoon from the bowl to the bear's mouth.
      C. Joan was playing with blocks, building a structure, when Missy joined her. Joan looked afraid because Missy was much larger than she. But she eventually overcame her fear and let Missy play with the blocks.
      D. When Ann finished drawing with crayons, she put them back in the box and returned the box to the shelf, whereas Sue, obviously less disciplined, left hers scattered on the table.

8.   Observational records that contain significant detailed information are usually in what form?
      A. Checklist
      B. Narrative
      C. Unobtrusive
      D. Outline

9.   Six-, seven-, and eight-year-olds
      A. do a great deal of tattling and boasting.
      B. make lasting friendships.
      C. are seldom aggressive.
      D. become logical thinkers.

10.   Keeping systematic records of observations of children provides useful information for
      A. planning activities.
      B. assessing development.
      C. reporting to parents.
      D. All of the above

11.   Differences in the rates of development between boys and girls are most noticeable between ages
      A. 5 and 6.
      B. 6 and 8.
      C. 8 and 10.
      D. 10 and 12.

12.   An observer who is inconspicuous in the room is being
      A. quiet.
      B. obtrusive.
      C. unobtrusive.
      D. helpful.

13.   An important key to good observational records is
      A. the activity of the subject.
      B. the use of language.
      C. their length.
      D. appropriate format.

14.   Caregivers can expect children to take care of their own personal needs by age _______.
      A. 5
      B. 7
      C. 9
      D. 11

15.   Observation reports need to make a clear distinction between the description of behaviors and the _____ drawn from the observation.
      A. facts
      B. patterns
      C. conclusions
      D. assessment

16.   Which of the following is an example of centration?
      A. A kindergarten child is unable to recognize whether a group of blocks contains more wooden ones or more round ones.
      B. A five-year-old can't color within the lines of a given picture.
      C. A young boy can recite his favorite story.
      D. A young girl can't write her name.

17.   Which of the following groups requires more irregular scheduling than the other three groups?
      A. 12- to 18-month-olds
      B. 18- to 36-month-olds
      C. 3- to 5-year-olds
      D. School-aged children

18.   How can a caregiver best help a school-aged child who is unsure of assignment instructions given by the teacher?
      A. The caregiver should interpret the teacher's instructions.
      B. The caregiver should complete part of the assignment to show how it's done.
      C. The caregiver should suggest that, in the future, the child should ask the teacher questions when instructions aren't clear.
      D. The caregiver should instruct the child to wait until the assignment is due to receive instruction.

19.   The "ins" and "outs" of school-age social relationships can be accommodated by having a _______ style of organization for your school-age program.
      A. team
      B. school
      C. democratic
      D. club

20.   A good technique to prevent children from talking to you while you're observing is to
      A. sit far away.
      B. avoid eye contact.
      C. stand to one side.
      D. tell them to go away.
Category: Homework
Expert:  MaiLinda, MA & MAOM replied 5 years ago.

1 is A (consider where they are and make it match)

2 is D (they are at the age where thinking skills / logic / reasoning)

3 is A (the other ones are just not logical ... motor skills begin at like 2)

4 is C (you need to understand child dev. to set realistic expectations)

5 is C (all records of children are private from the public)

6 is A ("their potential" - all kids are not the same mentally).

7 is B (the other stories all have an "opinion" inserted in them, not just facts)

8 is B (a narrative is a story about something and contains significant detail)

9 is A (other answers not age appropriate)

10 is D (jus common sense)

11 is D (puberty kicks in and development rates show and speed up)

12 is C (not readily noticeable: thefreedictionary.com)

13 is B (language development may show learning disability problems)

14 is

15 is

16 is

17 is

18 is C (never do the work for the child, they learn nothing - nor tell them to delay)

19 is

20 is C (avoid eye contact but sit close enough to observe(

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.