Joanne
Joanne, Tutor
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Political Science

1.In fiction, use of conventions leads to A. entertainment,

1.In fiction, use of conventions leads to? A. entertainment, B. expectations, C. imagination, or D. escapism.

2. According to the analyses of the stories you were asked to read, "A Pair of Silk Stockings" best represents literary? A. allegory. B. realism. C. escapism. D. symbolism.

3.In Twain's "The Private History of a Campaign that Failed," Smith, the blacksmith's apprentice, is given "ultimate credit" for? A. being killed in battle. B. earning the rank of sergeant. C. naming the militia group's encampments. D. keeping the group trained and ready for battle.

4. In The Call of the Wild, what valiant, tragic figure among the dogs must finally be put down for the good of the lives of the team? A. Pike. B. Spitz. C. Sol-leks. D. Dub.

5.The final two lines of Shakespeare's "Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day?" promises the subject of his sonnet? A. undying devotion. B. immortality. C. an endless summer. D. unfading youth.

6. Notable poets have attempted to define poetry. Among these efforts, the idea that poetry is an ancient technology came from? A. Billy Collins. B. Robert Pinsky.
C. Maya Angelou. D. Robert Frost.

7. In the poem "God's Grandeur," we find the words reck and rod. By analysis we can determine that the word rod probably comes from the Bible and means? A. God's power. B. a tool of correction. C. God's wrath. D. a principle of ethics.

8. The religious revivals of nineteenth-century America included people who became very excited, claiming that God spoke to them directly. These people were called? A. enthusiasts. B. Bible beacons. C. literalists. D. revivalists.

9. In "Life without Principle," Thoreau writes, "If my wants should be much increased, the labor required to supply them would become a drudgery." What does this statement mean? A. The more you have, the more you want. B. If you don't want much, you don't have to spend as much time being miserable working to get it. C. Work is meaningful only when you think about what you'll be able to do with the money you earn.
D. Slavery was wrong because it meant that some people worked hard to satisfy other people's wants.

10. Before the Renaissance, virtually all dramas focused on? A. family relationships. B. the human condition.
C. religious themes. D. life-and-death plots.

11. By the Renaissance theory of correspondences, the heart of the family is the? A. grandfather. B. grandmother. C. father. D. mother.

12. In Act III, Scene 2, who hears these words from Titania?

Thou art as wise as thou art beautiful.
A. Puck. B. Bottom. C. Oberon. D. Peaseblossom.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Joanne replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Joanne, Tutor
Experience: BSc (Hons) Political Science