Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Categorize each fallacy statement by copying and pasting it

Customer Question

Categorize each fallacy statement by copying and pasting it into the text box adjacent to its matching fallacy.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Susan Athena replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Jayme. Could you please post the fallacy statements?

Thank you
Susan Athena
The Homework Lady
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi
I needed the help yesterday.But now its too late,i have already post my homework.you kept me in the waitin room more than three hour.O.k i lost $9.00. Maybe you can help me with this exercise:CRT 205 checkpoint: identifying fallacies due date 4 wk 5. i am inform that this checkpoint is late,but i can still earn some points.
Regards.
Jayme
Hi, Jayme.

I'm very sorry, but the other experts and I don't have access to anything you don't post.

Please upload the file to a file-sharing site like mediafire.com, and then post the link here and someone may be able to help you.

Your deposit is fully refundable until you receive an answer and accept it.

Kind regards,
Susan Athena
The Homework Lady
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Susan,

'm supposed to construct the body of my expository essay using APA guidlines. It needs to be 900 words. My specific topic is Language in the United States, but I thought if someone did the same assignment with a similar topic, it would give me something to go by.
COM 150 Body Paragraphs due day 7 ( 11/09/2008
TOPIC ESSAY; LANGUAGE IN THE USA
At this point, you are to construct only the body of your expository essay, but this first draft of
your paper should be complete enough (at least 900 words) for your instructor to provide
constructive feedback. Use APA style guidelines to format in-text citations and references.
· Resources: Appendix D, A Pocket Style Manual, Topic Sentences and Supporting
Paragraphs, the Axia College Writing Resources Web Site, and Axia College’s Writing
Style Handbook
· Due Date: Day 7 [Individual] forum
· Review A Writer’s Situations: Examples and Activities at
http://bcs.bedfordstmartins.com/axia/wg-situation/default.asp and Examples of
Development Strategies at http://bcs.bedfordstmartins.com/axia/wgdevelopment/
default.asp
· Read Ch. 1 of the Writing Style Handbook for Axia College’s formatting guidelines.
· Use your topic outline in Appendix D as a guide to develop topic sentences and
appropriate types of supporting paragraphs for the body of your expository essay.
· Include appropriate transitions within and between paragraphs.
· Post your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment.

Appendix D

Topic Outline and Thesis Statement Guide

What is your thesis statement? _____ In the United States English is the most well-known language.”

_______________________________

I. First main point

II. The United States is the original “melting pot” of different languages. Today there are several languages spoken other than English in the United States as either the primary language or the secondary language. The most common languages spoken are Spanish, French, Chinese, German,Vietnamese, Italian, Korean and Russian. According to the 2000 census report, nine out of every ten people from age five and up spoke a language other than English.

A. Supporting details : Several states have adopted English as their official language. The states set their own language policies. On the state level, the issue is placed on the ballot for the people to be heard on the issue. The voters decide if English would become the states official language. The federal government does not decide for each state, but would decide on a national level. (Rice, 2005) As early as, 1811, Louisiana declared English their official language.

B.

1. Subdetails: In 1920, Nebraska declared English their official language. In the 1970’s, the following states made English their official language: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.

2.

2. Subdetails: English has had a quite an impact on the world through television and the internet. American trademarks are making their way across the pond to Europe. There are more people speaking English.

B. Supporting details: The American fast-food chains are also making their way around the globe. The more American culture is found in other countries the less English needs to be an official language here in the United States.

1. Subdetails: Nearly a quarter of the human race already speaks the English language. That is approximately 1.5 billion people speaking English.

2. Subdetails: Congress has received requests at least once a year since 1981 to make English the official language of the United States. Having an official language English or otherwise could hurt several of the bilingual programs for the immigrants.

II. Second main point : The United States of America is not among the countries courting an official language. Having English as the country’s official language would put an end to having more than one language printed on government documents and street signs.

A. Supporting details : According to Hulse, people fear having an official language for the United States would lead to government agencies cutting back on their bilingual efforts, cause discrimination against people who do not speak English, disrupt emergency operations in communities with populations of immigrants as well as other consequences.

1. Subdetails: The director of the immigrant justice project, Mary Bauer, speaks her concerns about having English as the national language. Bauer believes immigrants who do not speak English are the potential targets for unfair housing charges or unfair treatment by their employers. Bauer said, “the immigrants who participate in the existing guest worker programs are frequently exploited.” (Hulse, 2006)

2. Subdetails: President Bush said during his trip to Arizona in 2006. “If you learn English, and you’re a hard worker, and you have a dream, you have the capacity from going from picking the crops to owning the store, or from sweeping office floors to being an office manager.” (Hulse, 2006)

B. Supporting details: ) Immigrants coming into the United States today are “picking up” the English language faster than two or three generations ago. (ACLU, 2008)

1. Subdetails: Language has been a political and an emotional issue for many people. In 1750, the British settlers wanted English declared the official language to overcome the German settlers moving into Pennsylvania speaking only German. XXXXX XXXXX’ proposal in 1780 to the continental congress to have an English only academy was rejected by congress to be undemocratic and a threat to individual liberty.

2. Subdetails.: Spanish is the second language used by the United States articulate by people from Spain and Mexico who live here. Spanish is also called a “Romance Language”. Spanish is spoken XI in the United States.

III. Third main point: There are many types of languages used in the United States other than spoken language. The number one language used other than oral language is sign language.

A. Supporting details : Sign language which is dialect which applies to entity of other body movement, manual, and facial, as different communications. Sign language is the fourth most commonly used language in the United States. Sign Language is also known as a manner of communication which is used for deaf people.

1. Subdetails: Sign language came from French Sign Language. Sign Language is built on the concept where sight is the handiest tool has to communicate.

2. Subdetails: . There are different types of sign languages all over the world just as there are different types of spoken languages.

B. Supporting details: Frisian language is the closest living language related to English. Frisian Language is an official language in the Dutch province of Friesland. Frisian Language is also a Germanic language related to Dutch.

1. Subdetails: . Frisian is also known as Frysk and Fries. Frisian language is the executive dialect of the Netherlands. More than seven-hundred thousand people speak this language.

2. Subdetails: There are many various types of languages. So many languages people do not know about or would image about. In the whole world there are one- hundred and LXXXVI different types of languages. If I had to guess how many languages the world had I would be nowhere close to one-hundred and LXXXVI.

IV. Fourth main point : English is important because it is a way we express ourselves and communicate together.

A. Supporting details : English is the United States national language because it’s the way laws, education, and learning experiences are conducted.

1. Subdetails.: English has grown plenty since the United States was found. It is still growing as of today. Airline companies, commerce, science use English as their favorite language.

2. Subdetails: English is known as the most popular learned foreign language. English is also known as the most wide spread language worldwide. It has become major international language for communication.

B. Supporting details: . In many countries Malaysia, for example, where there various ethnic groups with their own unique language, English is used as a means of communications between all of them. So we see that the importance of English doesn't lie in the quantity of people that speak it but in way we use it.

1. Subdetails:

The English language has become crucial to the way we interact with the different people in the world; not being able to communicate in English imposes what seem to be formidable limitations on us.

2. Subdetails: With English we are able to bridge cultural, economic, and even social gaps, in turn we are able to better understand and tolerate each other. Therefore it is not just important but in fact crucial that the English language be learnt by all individuals.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Susan,
Could you reund the money back on my account.It would be very grateful of you.
Regards.Customer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Susan,
Could you refund the Deposit i made back on my account.It would be very grateful of you.
Regards.Customer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Susan,

'I,m supposed to construct the body of myFinal project expository essay using APA guidlines. It needs to be 1,500-1,750 words. My specific topic is Language in the United States, but I thought if someone did the same assignment with a similar topic, it would give me something to go by.
COM 150 Expository Essay Final Project due day 7
TOPIC ESSAY; LANGUAGE IN THE USA
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
3. Final Project: Expository Essay ( Language in the United States )

· Resources: Appendix A and Appendix I

· Due Date: Sunday, November 30 [Individual] forum; This cannot be accepted late, no matter what the excuse

· Use Appendix I to proofread your final draft. If you cannot answer yes to an item in the

Proofreading Checklist, revise your paper accordingly.

· Construct an expository essay, 1,500 to 1,750 words in length, formatted according to

Axia style guidelines.

· Include the following elements:

o A title page

o An introduction and a thesis statement

o A body with supporting evidence and in-text citations

o A conclusion

o A reference list with at least two online sources

o A completed peer-review form

· Review Appendix A to ensure you have completed every step required for the final

project.

· Post your final paper and the Peer Review Checklist a classmate completed for your

essay as attachments.