Seanna
Seanna, Tutor
Experience:  3,000+ satisfied customers, all topics, A+ work

Angela, how are you with diversity I have to write a 350-500

Customer Question

Angela, how are you with diversity? I have to write a 350-500 response on a section I read on three factors. I think I know what they are but I am not sure and I am not sure exactly what to say and how to say because all the factors seem to be the same. Can you help me?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Rgauvin, and thanks for requesting me! I am familiar with the issues surrounding diversity. Please post a link to the section, and let me know your deadline, and whether a particular style of formatting or references are required. Thanks,

Angela
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX not sure how to post the link as it is adobe read but here is what it says (if you need me to save the file and upload I can try that)

The middle school in a rural community of 9,000 residents has four school-sponsored dances each year.

At the Valentine's dance, a coat-and-tie affair, six eighth-grade boys showed up in rented tuxedos. They

had planned this together, and their parents, among the more affluent in the community, thought it

would be "cute" and paid for the rentals. The final dance of the year is scheduled for May, and it, too, is a

coat-and-tie dance. This time, rumors are circulating around school that "everyone" is renting a tux and

that the girls are getting new formal dresses. The parents of three boys are, according to the grapevine,

renting a limousine for their sons and their dates. These behaviors and dress standards are far in excess

of anything previously observed at the middle school.

Several students, particularly those from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, have said they will

boycott the dance. They cannot afford the expensive attire, and they claim that the ones behind the

dress-up movement have said that only the nerds or geeks would show up in anything less than a tux or

a formal gown.

Read the Differences in Socioeconomic Status section on p. 53 of the text.

Write a 350- to 500-word response addressing the following points:

1. List three social factors that most impact the scenario.
  2. Justify your answer with an example from the scenario for each selected factor.
  3. Conclude by suggesting a viable solution to the scenario

This is due Friday evening. Thank you again for your help.

Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for posting the info. Does your text list the specific socioeconomic factors from which you should chose?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I did not see you wrote back, I was trying to answer some comments. Sometimes I think that is harder than the assignments, lol. As far as the text it does not come right out and say those factors but before that section of the reading there were sections on wealth, income, class, social stratification. That is all it says, that is why I thought it was those three factors. Does that help or make any sense at all?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok I just found where it says a couple more, sorry about that. It states occupation, educational attainment, income, wealth and power are all the factors that are listed in the section.
Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.
Thanks very much. That is about what I expected, but I wanted to make sure I did not address any points that were not covered in your text. I will work on this and have it to you by tomorrow. Thanks!

-Angela
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK Thank you

Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to let you know I was still working on this and would have it to you by midday today. Thanks,

Angela
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok thank you for your help I will be working on a science assignment, leaving feedback comments and two assignments that are due for sunday in each of science and diversity class. I thank you very much with this assignment. I was having a hard time with it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Angela,

I am sorry to bother you. i know you are a very busy person helping many people. I was just wondering how you were doing with helping me with my assignment that is due this evening? Thank you again for your help.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Angela,

I hope all is well with you.

I posted what I had. I am not sure if I did it right. I think I did but we shall see. I was going to send you what I had written to see if you could add it in or to see if I was on the right track, but I noticed you have not been back on. I am a little concerned. Please let me know if all ok with you.

Thank you for the offer of helping.

Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Angela,

Thank you for posting it for me to compare. I am glad to know I was on the right track with the information; however, the way you wrote it sounds better than mine. I guess the writing (wording) will come in time. I don't know what happened either hopefully they can figure it out but I would like to give you a bonus for taking the time to help me out and posting this so we can compare to, as this still helps me see how it should sound when writing. I will add a bonus to the other question you are helping me with for this one. Does that work?

Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I'm glad the answer was helpful. There is no need to pay anything for it, but if you wish to leave a little bonus on the other question, it is appreciated. Thanks, :)

-Angela
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Angela,

I just wanted to let you know I received a 30/30 on the assignment, so I guess I my writing or wording was good and she understood everything. I am working on an Educational Implications of Socioeconomic Status Matrix that is due this eveing if you are interested in helping and making some money. I can post it in another question for you if you would like because I could really use the help. I have some answers but not many.

Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.
Good job on the assignment- I'm glad to hear it! If you would post the matrix I will be more than happy to take a look, but depending on how long it is, I may not be able to complete it this evening; I will let you know asap though. Thanks,

Angela
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. Ok no problem, thank you. This is the matrix a I am not sure if all the boxes are supposed to be filled in or just what I am thinking. I am thinking it is just a box or two on each one. Then I have to put it into a summary of 300 -350 words

Educational Implications of Socioeconomic Status Matrix

Directions: Based on your personal experiences and on the readings for this course, answer the questions in the green section of the matrix as they apply to each of the listed socioeconomic classes. Fill in your answers and post your final draft as an attachment to your Individual forum.

Socioeconomic Classes

Questions

Unemployed and Homeless

Working Class

Middle Class

Upper Middle Class

Upper Class

Who is most likely to be a part of this socioeconomic class?

How do teacher expectations positively or negatively impact this socioeconomic class?

How does tracking positively or negatively impact this socioeconomic class?

How is financial support for schools serving this class different from or similar to from the other socioeconomic classes?

How well does the curriculum reflect this socioeconomic class's experience? Explain your answer.

What changes need to be made to the curriculum for this socioeconomic class to receive an equal educational opportunity?

300- to 350-word Summary:

Expert:  Seanna replied 5 years ago.
I apologize but I will not be able to complete this assignment tonight. I do appreciate you requesting me though, and hope I can be more helpful next time.

-Angela
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is ok I think I have finally figured it out. I just need to work on the summary now. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Angela, do you think you could help me put it into the summary of words of 300-350
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Please don't think I am a big goof, but I think I managed it. Thanks for offering the help and getting back to me so quickly to let me know you would not be able to help me. I am sure one of these days I will need you again. Thank you have a good night