Neo
Neo, Tutor
Experience:  BS Accounting
4224391

For Neo The Jordan Company manufacturers only one type of shoe

For Neo:The Jordan Company manufacturers only one type of shoe and has two divisions, the Sole Division and the Assembly Division. The Sole Division manufactures soles and then "sells" them to the Assembly Division, which completes the shoes and sells them to retailers. The market price for the Assembly Division to purchase a pair of soles is $20. Fixed costs are per pair at 100K units.
Sole's costs per pair of soles are:
Direct materials $4
Direct labor $3
Variable overhead $2
Division fixed costs $1
Assembly's costs per completed pair of shoes are:
Direct materials $5
Direct labor $1
Variable overhead $1
Division fixed costs $9
If the cost-based transfer price is 180% of variable costs , what is the transfer price per pair of soles from the Sole Division to the Assembly Division?Assume the transfer price for a pair of soles is 180% of full costs of the Sole Division and 100,000 of soles are produced and transferred to the Assembly Division. The Sole Division's Op Inc is?

HelloCustomer

Good day!

a.

Transfer Price per unit (from Sole) = ($4 + $3 +$2) x 180% = $16.20

b.

Operating Income = {[($4 + $3 + $2 + $1) x 180% ] - ($4 + $3 + $2 + $1) } x 100,000

Operating Income = [($10 x 180%) - $10] x 100,000

Operating Income = ($18 - $10) x 100,000

Operating Income = $800,000

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When are you normally available for immediate feedback?

HelloCustomer

Good day!

I am usually available for immediate feedback between 7am to 12am. This, however, will change by Mid-November.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Did you mean 7 pm and 12 am? Any days you are not? Will you be available on Thursday at 7pm?

I mean 7am to 12pm. Yes; it everyday. However, I am not available this coming Thursday. I'll be traveling. I'll be back on the same day. But to make sure, I should say I am available starting on Friday.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

So, what is the best time for me to contact you on Friday? I'm assuming 12pm is noon? Are you available on Saturday? If yes, what time? What is your time zone? Thanks!

On both Friday and Saturday, the best time is between 7am (morning) to 12 pm (noon).

I am using the time zone GMT - 8:00. It's Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I hate to be a pain; but, what about Sunday? If you could do Sunday, that would be very helpful! What time? Thanks!

HelloCustomer

Same time as Friday and Saturday.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will e-mail you on Sunday to see if you are available. Thanks!
Ok. :)
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Are you available?

Good day!

Yes; I am. How can I be of help? :)

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Consider the following two mutually exclusive projects, each of which requires an initial investment of $30,000 and both provide cash inflows of $60,000 as shown below. This organization has a 15% cost of capital.
Year Project AProject B
0 ($30,000)($30,000)
1 $30,000$10,000
2 20,00020,000
3 10,00030,000

Using the net present value criterion, which is the most desirable project?

The Jordan Company manufacturers only one type of shoe and has two divisions, the Sole Division and the Assembly Division. The Sole Division manufactures soles and then "sells" them to the Assembly Division, which completes the shoes and sells them to retailers. The market price for the Assembly Division to purchase a pair of soles is $20. Fixed costs are per pair at 100,000 units.
Sole's costs per pair of soles are:
Direct materials $4
Direct labor $3
Variable overhead $2
Division fixed costs $1
Direct materials $5
Direct labor $1
Variable overhead $1
Division fixed costs $9

If the Assembly Division sells 100,000 pairs of shoes at a price of $60 a pair to customers, what is the operating income of both divisions together?
Randall Company makes and distributes outdoor play equipment. Last year sales were $12,000,000, operating income was $3,000,000, and the assets used were $15,000,000.

Asset turnover, the productivity component of return on investment (ROI), is:

Here's the first part:

Please download HERE.

Here's the second part.

Please download HERE.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.