Family Physician, Tutor
Experience:  Tutor in many fields since college. Physician with MBA
1304720

Need to prepaer a self introduction speech based on a personal

Customer Question

Need to prepaer a self introduction speech based on a personal object. And it should be only for 2min long. Can anyone prepare for me. I really need help on this?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Family Physician replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, none of the experts here are going to be able to write an introduction speech about you without knowning things about you.

Who are you (not your name - but what words would you use to describe yourself)?

What do you do (work, hobbies, interests)?

Why are you taking this course?

What are your goals (for this course, for this year, for 10 years from now)?

What would you do if you hit the lottery?

Do you have children? Brothers/sisters? Pets?

What is one thing that only your friends know about you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well i need to Introduce myself based on personal object. I need to select an object that represent my background, personality, ambitions,etc. I need to prepare speech on either one but need an object & that object should represent me, metaphorically or specifically. I dont know but i need to have a sample of speech & help like what i am going to use as object. My ambition is to become a CFO(chief financial officer) of one of the fortune 500 companies of the world. Now help me from this what object i need & it should be ONLY 2 MIN speech. Can anyone help me now. I am taking this course as its required for my major & this is the only communication class i have to take. Thanks for helping me out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am going to give a speech on my ambition. But for that i need to use an object. And above i have mention what ambition i have in life. So now can anyone help me out in this. Thanks for all your help.
If you could answer the other questions, it would help me suggest an object

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well i didnt get your first question. But i work as an accountant at CPA's office & my hobby to explore new places in the world. I am not married & i dont have any children. I got one older sis (who is married) and one younger bro (who is freshman in college). And i do have one pet dog (german shepherd) & his name isXXXXX i am trying to answer your first question but dont know whether you expected same kind of reply. Well I am very friendly & out spoken kind of girl.
GREAT... that helps me alot.

Several things come to mind;
A copy of the Fortune 500 magazine cover

If you have any computer skills (Photoshop) you could put a picture of yourself on the cover of Fortune magazine (or any of the similar business magazines) with a headline something like Business Woman of the Year

A small collection (possibly attached to some posterboard) of international currency (if you have any from your trips around the world) - since you will be working for a multinational corporation

A small globe - This would capture both your interest (travel) and your plans for international business

An annual report from any of the Fortune 500 companies (a local stock broker should be able to get you one)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well its seems kinda weired to get all that stuff...do you have any other idea for the speech & can you prepare 2min speech for me. Where i basically just stand there & give a speech. Honestly saying i hate this class as i need to give speech in a proper way rather than talking to a group of frenz. My professor need us to give 2min speech. So can you prepare something for me. What if you would be at my place & you have to give speech on something like this. How would you do that?
You could go a bit simpler and use a dollar bill. You could start with;

Every thing we do depends on something that is most commonly represented by a small rectangular piece of paper measuring 7 1/2 long by 3 1/8 inches wide.
(At this point, I would hold up a dollar bill)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hmmm i like the way you did the introduction of it. Honestly saying m asking what i am suppose to say from walking to podium till end of the speech. I need to make 2min speech. So what basically i am going to say. I mean what would you say in this 2min if you have to give self introduction speech based on personal object. How would give that speech & what object you would use to represent your personalty or ambition. Infact i just need to know what i have to speak for 2min in this speech. If you can please write it down for me. I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Honestly, if I write your speech for you it will be much harder for you to give since my style would be different than yours. You would end up memorizing it and it wouldn't feel natural. The reason that public speaking courses typically start with this particular speech is to help you get over the nerves and break the ice.

Think of this like you would meeting someone in a bar and asks you what you do...

If you look at the answer you have given me;
  • My ambition is to become a CFO(chief financial officer) of one of the fortune 500 companies of the world
  • I am taking this course as its required for my major & this is the only communication class i have to take
  • I work as an accountant at CPA's office
  • My hobby to explore new places in the world.
  • I am not married & i dont have any children.
  • I got one older sis (who is married) and one younger bro (who is freshman in college).
  • I have one pet dog (german shepherd) & his name is Shiva
Take each of these answers and expand on them a bit. For an example;
I have been working at ______ as an accountant for the last ___ years. My work primarily involves working with corporate (or indivduals) clients preparing financial reports and tax returns...

Another example;
I am single and the proud mother of the most wonderful german shepard in the world named Shiva. I chose this unusual name for a dog because....

By expanding on these answers (basically your outline), you will have 2 minutes of natural sounding introduction.
Continuing on the introduction;

Every thing we do depends on something that is represented by a small rectangular piece of paper measuring 7 1/2 inches long by 3 1/8 inches wide and only 4 one thousandths of an inch thick.
(At this point, I would hold up a dollar bill). My goal in life revolves around this small object; how to make it, how to spend it and how we go about couting it.

Take a shot at it, and then I'll be happy to give you my thoughts on your rough draft.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well if you write me a speech actually i will read it & will make it my words. So I would like to know what i am suppose to say first when i stand on podium. I know its my first speech & its to break down my nerves for speaking professionally in front of everyone. So i would you to write me a speech. If you dont mind can you write me a short para about what i have to speak when i first stand up. I would really appreciate your help for that. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need to write my speech point on my note card. So you can write me a speech & i will break down in my words. But just make sure that it only longs for 2 min in general. Thanks.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I thought you would be the best to write speech for me as you knew what i wanted in my speech. Its only for 2min. So i just want that what i am suppose to say exactly when i stand up in front of class. I mean to say like will i start saying that My name is XXXXX XXXXX than my abition in life is.... so i just need lil help from you. I think you are the best one to make speech for me. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Can anyone help me on my topic...??