Mike, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  I have a business degree from UC Berkeley and tons of experience with homework!
11014066

Explain the difference between business risk and financial ...

Explain the difference between business risk and financial risk.
What other factors besides operating leverage can affect a firm's business risk?
Give an example of business risk and an example of financial risk for Wal-mart.
is this something that you need today?

ANSWER TO QUESTION 1:

Business risk is the potential for loss of value through competition, mismanagement, and financial insolvency. There are a number of industries that are predisposed to higher levels of business risk as their market environment is more affected by changes in the economy, supplies, price sensitivity, etc. These industry factors may have adverse impact on a company operating income and consequently affects sales and operations and this business risk will change the botXXXXX XXXXXne. Usually is measured by the standard deviation of the historical operating income. Financial risk, is a part of business risk, however it is the additional risk resulting from debt, or the increase of economic leverages that may affect equity or the inability to meet debt commitments. In general, companies that issue more debt instruments will carry higher financial risk.

QUESTION 2

Other factors than can influence the firm's business risk might be linked to the type of industry. Price sensitivity or how variations in the price due to new competitors, consumer fatigue, and market share changes, etc. can increase the business risk of the operation. In addition, mismanagement, segment performance, deterioration of the economy, borrowing or lending failures, increases in costs related to financial operations, decline in value of collateral, cyclical changes of the market and many other factors that can influence the operating leverage by influencing the cycle of sales, distribution, costs and the normal operation of the company.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your help...

I noticed that you accepted the question 3 times, so that is going to cause you a charge of 3 times the amount you intended to offer!. I want you to be happy and I am advising you, if this was not your intention to contact justanswer.com for a refund.

They are super nice, and you will not have any problems with them. They see this all the time. It is just a little bit confusing! :-)

I am also contacting a moderator so that they can take care of this, hopefully without you even having to do anything...

I'll check back with you... Take Care

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I made a mistake I thought I had to accept them on three different checks. Idid know that I should have submitted it once for all three. Thanks for your help..

Yes, don't worry a moderator told me that they already solved the problem!..

Happy to help!

Take care

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks you are Great!!!!