Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

You are working with your team leads to create the project ...

Customer Question

You are working with your team leads to create the project schedule. You are very concerned about the intersections between the teams, so you all are starting with the major milestones, working backward from the new product launch.

Sales of the new product are going to start in nine months and the new CRM system needs to be in place six weeks prior to that so the sales force can get their customer and prospect information entered in time for the big marketing mailing going out three weeks prior to the product being available. You have one team working on the marketing program (and the mailing is just one of their deliverables); this team is being led by Jennifer from marketing. You also have another team working on the CRM implementation, being led by Ben from IT. The two teams will intersect at the sales force training—training on the new system, the new product, and the new marketing program. After talking with the sponsor and customers, it was determined that the training approach would be holistic; the marketing process would be taught using the new system—not two separate classes, but one integrated class. Instructors will come from both the IT and the marketing teams. You are unsure which team leader should be responsible for training—it will depend upon the resources and dependencies.

Using the list of tasks below as a starting point, create a schedule by adding tasks, dependencies, efforts, and descriptions of the skills required to complete each task. Also determine the start and end dates based on the dependencies and effort. (Assume your resources have 50% availability to the project). The schedule should contain between thirty and sixty tasks/sub-tasks. Use Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, or any other appropriate tool to document your schedule. You will also need to define the team members you will need. For each team member you will need, create a bulleted list of skills/expertise he/she must have to complete the assigned tasks. For the effort, describe your rationale for your estimate.

Determine training objectives.
Create training outline (objectives, phases, topics, and content).
Define activities.
Create instructor guide.
Create participant materials.
Create activity guide.
Review training materials.
Conduct pilot training class/test training materials.
Deliver training to all of sales force.

Please submit your assignment.

Points Possible: 150
Date Due: Sunday, Aug 03, 2008
Objective: Create a project plan which includes cost, scheduling and risk assessment
Describe methods for activity defining, activity sequencing, activity duration estimating, schedule development, and schedule control.
Develop and apply Gantt Charts, CPM and PERT techniques to project management.

Submitted Files: Submit Assignment
Score: N/A
Instructor Comments: No comments have been made

© Copyright 2001-2008 American InterContinental University Online. All Rights Reserved.    Privacy Statement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Go to Global Navigation] [Go to Local Navigation ] [Go to Main Content]

Close Window
About Popup Blockers

We have detected that a Pop-Up Blocker may be enabled on your computer which is preventing a window from loading. The Virtual Campus employs a pop-up window for various features of the Virtual Campus.

There are a number of Pop-Up blocker software available on the market today including those packaged with internet browsers and security firewall software. In order to circumvent the Pop-Up Blocker software, you may want to try the following:

Hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard while selecting the link that activated this alert.

Temporarily disable the Pop-Up Blocker software. Please refer to your software documentation for further instructions.

Configure your Pop-Up Blocker software to allow pop-ups from the Virtual Campus. Please refer to your software documentation for further instructions.

Need Assistance?

If you have any questions, please contact Tech Support at
(XXX) XXX-XXXX, Options 2, or email XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Tech Support
Category: Homework