Seanna
Seanna, Tutor
Experience:  3,000+ satisfied customers, all topics, A+ work
8227740

Critical Thinking - Comprehensive Argument Analysis ...

Customer Question

Critical Thinking - Comprehensive Argument Analysis

Resource: The Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center database.

· Choose two topics from the Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center that interest you and
locate a set of materials from the database for each topic. If you choose school violence
as one of your topics, for example, you might find a magazine article that argues that
violence in the media causes school violence and a Web site that persuasively argues
that violence in the media is not responsible for school violence.

· Conduct a similar search for your second topic. When finished, you should have two
sources per topic. Note: You may use sources from any combination of the Viewpoints,
Magazines, Academic Journals, News (use sources marked Editorial and Column), and
Web sites database sections.

· Use the below form to critically analyze your four sources. Fill out one form for
each source (4 total).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
· Provide the title of the source.

· Provide the source citation. Locate the citation by clicking on the Source Citation
link at the top of the page when viewing the source.

· Identify the principal issue presented by the source.

· Identify any examples of bias presented by the author. If none exist, explain how you
determined this.

· Identify any areas that are vague or ambiguous. If none exist, explain how you
determined this.

· Do you find the source credible? Explain your reasoning.

· Identify and name any rhetorical devices used by the author. If none exist, explain
how you determined this.

· Identify and name any fallacies used by the author. If none exist, explain how you
determined this.

· State one argument made by the author.

· Identify the premises and conclusion of the argument.

· Is the author's argument valid or invalid, sound or unsound, strong or weak? Explain
how you determined this.

· Does the author use moral reasoning? If not, explain how you determined this.

------------------------------------------------

Not time sensitive - needs done right.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Seanna replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer and thanks for requesting me! I would be happy to complete this assignment for you. Please let me know if I can get this to you within 48 hours to ensure I answer each point thoroughly. If not, just let me know your deadline and I will work with you. Thank you,

Angela
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to XXXXX XXXXX-McCorkle's Post: Hello Angela, Thank you for you reply. This is the final assignment for my Critical Thinking Class with the deadline set for this Friday (June 13). 48 hours for completion of the assignment actually exceeds my expectations.

I appreciate your help. Please let me know if you need more details in regards XXXXX XXXXX assignment.
Expert:  Seanna replied 6 years ago.
Thanks very much. I am glad to hear you have until Friday. This way, I can get you the assignment by Wednesday so you will have time to review in case any changes are desired. Please let me know if there is a particular word requirement or any other specific details you were provided, otherwise I will just make sure the answers are thorough and that should do it. Also, I do have articles on adoption and teen pregnancy from your library which I have done similar work on in the past. Please let me know if you would like me to use these, or if you have specific articles in mind? Thanks,

Angela
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Actual form that should be filled is done in MS Word since I was unsure if you will accept my question I converted it into text form (original form included below). There is no word count requirement on this assignment, however 700+ word count is what was expected on all my final assignments.

Although personally I am not good with expressing my oppinions or feelings in regards XXXXX XXXXX such as teen pregnancy or adoption, I live the choice of the topics up to you. Especially knowing you have experience with such assignments I have no doubts that you will do fabulous job.

Thank you again.

Critical Analysis Forms

Fill out one form for each source.

Source 1 Title and Citation:

1

Identify the principal issue presented by the source.

2

Identify any examples of bias presented by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

3

Identify any areas that are vague or ambiguous. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

4

Do you find the source credible? Explain your reasoning.

5

Identify and name any rhetorical devices used by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

6

Identify and name any fallacies used by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

7

State one argument made by the author.

8

Identify the premises and conclusion of the argument.

9

Is the author’s argument valid or invalid, sound or unsound, strong or weak? Explain how you determined this.

10

Does the author use moral reasoning? If not, explain how you determined this.

Expert:  Seanna replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Seanna, Tutor
Experience: 3,000+ satisfied customers, all topics, A+ work
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Angela, absolutelly fabulous work! Thank you very much!