The Professor
The Professor, Taught at USC Years Ago
Experience:  Engineering Degree, Tutoring Experience, USC Faculty (Retired)
2837397

throughout Practical English, including grammar,

Examination 00707600
throughout Practical English, including
grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
16. Write a composition using one of the topics listed below. Your composition should be three to five
paragraphs long. It should contain an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
A. Argue for or against the elimination of speed limits.
B. Explain why a certain sport is your favorite.
C. Compare and contrast driving in the winter and driving in the summer.
D. Analyze the best way to buy a car, mow a lawn, or prepare a meal.
E. Describe a memorable day in your life.
17. Write a letter of complaint. Follow the rules for a business letter, and use the full-block style. The
complaint may be about anything you wish (such as malfunctioning equipment, poor building
maintenance, or disruptive noises from a nearby office). You can base your letter on a true
experience, or can make up all the details you need. This is examination #00786800 and said writing skills
Category: Homework
Expert:  The Professor replied 8 years ago.
My favorite sport is the ancient Japanese traditional sumo. Two men stand in a 13-foot diameter circle and try to push each other out of the circle, or get their opponent to touch the ground with a part of the body other than their feet. No punches, hair pulling, or eye gouging is allowed. It is, however, allowed to grab your opponent's belt for better leverage.

There are a number of rituals and traditions involved in sumo. Salt is thrown to "purify" the ring. Salt is tasted to remind each rikishi of the bitterness of training and discipline. Water is sipped before each bout, but the person who hands each rikishi their water has to have won a prior match.

It is not the ritual aspect of sumo that is so fascinating. There are about 80 recognized techniques to win a sumo match. The rikishi range in weight from about 275 pounds to over 500 pounds. One would think that the larger man would have an insurmountable advantage, but that's not the case.

In fact, the best rikishi today, based on their won-lost record, are smaller men. Technique is the major factor that decides most sumo matches. There are some 900 men in professional Japanese sumo. Only about forty positions are available in the top sumo ranks. A rikishi's rank rises and falls based on their record in bi-monthly round robin tournaments. A good quick smaller man will defeat a larger opponent most of the time.

It is my favorite sport because simply being big doesn't mean you will automatically win. Everyone has an equal chance, the best technique and the best strategy are more important than mere size or strength. The underdog isn't necessarily going to lose most of the time. It is a fascinating sport.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to The Professor's Post: You can help me with this part to, thanks

WRITING ASSIGNMENT: PART 3
Using everything you've learned from this course, finish the paper
you began in Part 1 and revised in Part 2. Your final paper should be
at least three but no more than ten pages long, or between 750 and
2500 words.
Be sure the paper follows a logical order, and check your writing
to make sure you stick to a single point of view. Add a hook to the
beginning, and give your writing punch.
As you work on this writing assignment, use everything we've
discussed in this course. Then, as you revise, refer to Writing Skills,
Part 1 to double check your usage and grammar.
Good luck with your writing!
Attach your paper to the COVER SHEET on the next page.
Your Writing Assignment will be graded separately from
the exam for your study unit.

Optional Information:
Subject: answer 00786800

Already Tried:
Everything but my English is not too good I am in the process of learning it better but it is not yet
I am not clear on what exactly is "... the paper
you began in Part 1 and revised in Part 2..." and thus cannot yet agree to undertake this part of your request.