Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Former straight A Student - Now Mom
Experience:  Degrees in Eng., econ; JD (law), MBA, former valedictorian & winner of academic scholarship

Business law for Jane T

Respond and I will post question.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 6 years ago.

Dear Brandi,

What is your question?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Here is the link for part of it 1.

And the second part is:

XXXXX XXXXX was 16 years old when he purchased a Camaro automobile from Star Chevrolet. Kevin paid $4,642.50 for the car. Star Chevrolet conveyed the title to the car to Kevin in Kevin's name. The question of Kevin's age was never raised or discussed during the transaction. Kevin later discovered that the front end of the frame was bent, and that the car contained a different engine than the one that should have been in the automobile. Major engine problems developed thereafter. The vehicle was later destroyed in an accident. Kevin now wants to disaffirm the contract and demands that Star Chevrolet return his money.

A. On what grounds may XXXXX XXXXX be able to disaffirm the contract?

B. Explain whether Star Chevrolet must return the purchase money to XXXXX XXXXX, even though the car is now destroyed.

Dear Brandi,

Part1

Part 2:

A. Kevin may be able to disaffirm the contract on his minority, lack of capacity.

B. Yes, Star Chevrolet must return the purchase money to Kevin even though the vehicle is now destroyed. Whoever enters into a contract with a minor does so at his or her peril. Due to his minority Kevin can disaffirm the contract and the loss is rightly borne entirely by Star Chevrolet who had full capacity when it took the risk of entering the contract with Kevin.

Experience: Degrees in Eng., econ; JD (law), MBA, former valedictorian & winner of academic scholarship
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Jane,

Can you help with another?

LP5

Dear Brandi,

I would be glad to, but please realize this is a separate question and if may answer is sufficient for you, please don't forget to accept.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would never forget, I am an expert also Smile
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.