Neo, Tutor
Experience:  BS Accounting

Chapter Review Quiz
(See related pages)

Your Results:
The correct answer for each question is indicated by a .

It is generally reasonable to accept an unsupported claim if it does not conflict with your own observations, your background knowledge, or with other credible claims and if it comes from a credible source that you do not suspect of bias.
A) True
B) False

It is fair to say that some people, because of their particular training, are better than the average person at making reliable observations.
A) True
B) False

A claim's "initial plausibility" is assessed by which of the following?
A) By assessing how well the claim fits with one's background information.
B) By assessing our 'gut reaction' to the claim.
C) By assessing the credibility of the person making the claim.
D) By assessing the first one or two arguments that are presented for the claim.

In general, the more knowledgeable a person is about a given subject, the more reason there is to accept what the person says about it.
A) True
B) False

Eyewitness reports, in general, are exceptions to the rule that weigh a person's expertise in an area to determine whether or not to believe what they say. Everyone is equally qualified to make eyewitness reports.
A) True
B) False

When assessing two conflicting eyewitness reports, one should trust the report of an expert over that of a layperson.
A) True
B) False

Which of the following criteria is not relevant when determining a person's expertise in a given area?
A) Their education.
B) Their accomplishments.
C) Their reputation.
D) Their experience.
E) Their position.
F) Their gender.

It is fair to conclude that there are some areas in which no person should be considered an expert.
A) True
B) False

In general it is safe to assume that claims made by the news media can be accepted as true without being suspicious.
A) True
B) False
Category: Homework
Expert:  Neo replied 7 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Neo, Tutor
Experience: BS Accounting