tanyarparis, Tutor
Experience:  honor society, 4.0 college student

How do I mail a potato chip without it breaking?

Customer Question

How Do I Mail A Potato Chip Without It Breaking?

Category: Homework
Expert:  Homework Superwoman replied 8 years ago.
Okay, I have a great idea. How about making a mold to encase the pringle chip! Take some putty or clay and take some other pringles and press into the putty. Do this twice, one for the bottom and one for the top. Once it dries and hardens, put the pringle inside one of the molds, set the other on the top, and wrap the case with tape so that they don't fall off the pringle. Hope I helped :)

You will want to pack the potato chip in a way that the "shock" will get evenly distributed. Here are some other ideas that might interest you:

• You can use thermocol, which is what they pack some appliances in like televisions and computers. It has slits in it which should hold the potato chip intact.
  • Wetting the chip might help it last longer; then, you can put in some packing material, like packing peanuts, and make sure you bubble wrap the outside of the box. This could help.
  • A hard case box, like one that would you would get from a jeweler, would work perfectly. Some come with some material inside; if not, you can put some cloth in it, set the potato chip on top, put more cloth on top of the chip and then shut it. Optional: Instead of cloth, cotton balls or even Kleenex would work quite great too! Anything light and fluffy is the key, I believe.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Would still like a few more answers...The potato chip must be mailed in an envelop.(as small as possible.) You may not alter the chip.

Fill the envelope with bubble wrap, place the chip inside, and seal the envelope.
On the front of the envelope, be sure to write "FRAGILE" and "HANDLE WITH CARE."

Hope this helped also :)

Expert:  tanyarparis replied 8 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
tanyarparis, Tutor
Experience: honor society, 4.0 college student