Rita sharma
Rita sharma, internet researcher,teacher
Experience:  teacher for several years,home tutor, expert in religion, social science
2317312

Energy Resource Plan You are a board member of your ...

Customer Question

: Energy Resource Plan
You are a board member of your Home Owner's Association. At your next meeting, your goal is to educate other homeowners about energy conservation.
• Due Date: Sunday January 13th [Individual forum]
• Review the following Energy Resource Plan outline:
I. Introduction: Provide information about why conserving energy is important.
II. Renewable vs. Nonrenewable: Briefly distinguish between these two types of energy.
III. Methods to conserve and help the environment: What can each member
do, personally, to conserve energy and help the environment at the same
time? (Provide at least three methods)
IV. Government efforts: How can the government be involved in conservation
efforts?
V. Conclusion: Wrap up the meeting with a brief summary of your main points
and providing some energy for conserving energy with a memorable slogan,
statement, or song, for example.
• Conduct either number 1 or 2:
1. Create a 7- to 10-slide PowerPoint® that includes all of the elements in the Energy
Resource Plan outline. Include speaker notes as appropriate and APA guidelines for
any citations or references used.
2. Write a 350- to 700-word paper in APA format that includes all elements of the
Energy Resource Plan outline.
• Post as an attachment and copy and paste
Category: Homework
Expert:  Rita sharma replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer/p>

Please find the answer below

1. Introduction

The conservation of Energy is important for many reasons; economic, environmental and social. Economically saving energy would be cost effective as energy is a commodity which we cannot afford to waste. Savings made on the use of fuel for example could be spent on other goods and services. Using our energy by burning fossil fuels for heat and electricity has changed the composition of the earth's atmosphere and altered our climate by causing Global warming. Therefore Saving energy makes environmental sense too. The more efficiently we can use energy, the less we need of it to maintain our lifestyle, and the less carbon dioxide will be released into the atmosphere The social benefits of energy conservation consists of creating significant numbers of jobs in energy-related services such as manufacturing and installation of energy saving equipment. Moreover, homes and workplaces would be made easier and cheaper to heat, greatly improving standards of living and comfort

2.Difference between renewable and nonrenewable energy

Renewable sources of energy such as water, solar or wind energy are inexhaustible sources of energy and they will never run out. They do not cause environmental pollution.

Non renewable sources of energy such as fossil fuels like oil, gas, coal are of limited quantity in the world. They will eventually get exhausted. They also cause environmental pollution.

3. Methods to conserving energy by individuals

Replacing old boilers with high-efficiency condensing boilers;

Encouraging the use of high-efficiency lighting such as compact fluorescent bulbs which use less energy than standard ones.

Buying domestic appliances such as refrigerators and freezers which have minimum standards energy efficiency standards for

One way to conserve energy is to adjust the temperature in the refrigerator to five degrees above freezing (around or about 37 degree. And always shutting the freeze door after use.

When washing clothes, it is very wise to wash them on a warm or cold setting. The reason for this is that the higher the temperature, the more is required from the energy unit.

Insulating the walls and ceilings of the house will keep heat in during the cold winter months

Unplugging any appliances that aren't being used (hair dryers, electric tooth brushes, coffee makers, computer chargers, etc.) unplug them.

Using Cars that consume less fuel

Try to use a car pool whenever possible instead of using individual cars.

Buy recycled goods which consume less energy to manufacture.

4.Govt can be involved in energy conservation b the following methods.

Provide guidelines for using building standards

Setting minimum standards energy efficiency standards for electrical appliances like refrigerators, washing machines, and fuel efficient cars.

Making it possible for the energy utilities to make money from selling a total energy service, rather than simply selling kilowatt-hours of gas and electricity. Some energy utilities in the US, for example, give away or subsidies energy-saving measures to their customers, as this is often cheaper than building new power stations.

Setting a good example, by greatly improving the energy efficiency of all Government and Local Authority buildings and amenities

Introducing an energy labeling scheme for houses, so that the house buyer would know the running costs of their prospective home

5.Summary:

Energy conservation has assumed importance due to the environmental degradation caused by our huge appetite for energy consumption. Since the source of our non- renewable energy has become. depleted there should be renewed efforts to use renewable source of energy. Individual householders and also the Government should work in tandem to improve our energy conservation which will protect our earth from climate changes and the eventual global warming that is gradually happening.

Statement: Protect our future by energy conservation.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Rita sharma's Post: im sorry this ispast due.