The Professor
The Professor, Taught at USC Years Ago
Experience:  Engineering Degree, Tutoring Experience, USC Faculty (Retired)
2837397

There are two sides to racial profiling. Which side of the ...

There are two sides to racial profiling. Which side of the argument do you find most persuasive, why?
Category: Homework
Expert:  The Professor replied 9 years ago.
Allow me to focus on racial profiling as it affects the screening of airline passengers, and to offer for the sake of discussion a "politically incorrect" viewpoint.

The last time I checked, no grannies in wheelchairs ever caused trouble on a domestic US scheduled airline flight. Neither have teenaged women (unless you count wearing short skirts on Southwest Airlines as "causing trouble").

So it seems to me that the random "full search" of grannies and teenaged women at the same proportional sampling rate as, for example, young men of middle eastern appearance between 15 and 35 is a waste of limited resources.

This, of course, assumes that these searches have value in the first place, which (although it is another argument) I am willing to agree to.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
You never answered the full question. there are two sides of the argument concerning racial profiling.
Which side of the argument do you find most persucasive and why?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.