The Professor
The Professor, Taught at USC Years Ago
Experience:  Engineering Degree, Tutoring Experience, USC Faculty (Retired)
2837397

learning to be racist

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Homework
Expert:  danny541 replied 9 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer !

What exactly do you want to know ? How people become racist ? Adults ? How it probably starts ?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to danny541's Post: In a racist society you will have learned to be racist, wether you think so or not. How is it possible to not be racistwhen everything around youshows that prejudice is the right behaivor to expectof your self and others, and that others expect from you?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Your Reply to danny541
Sent October 02 5:22 p.m. (16 minutes and 38 seconds later)

In a racist society you will have learned to be racist, wether you think so or not. How is it possible to not be racistwhen everything around youshows that prejudice is the right behaivor to expectof your self and others, and that others expect from you?
(Online) -- , Deposit Made!
Expert:  danny541 replied 9 years ago.

I always thought that I was not a racist, at all. But the truth is even if you think you are not , you might be.

In my case, I have two daughters that only date African Americans, they have children by them. And it somewhat bothers me. I love my grandchildren, they are the sweetest, but I worry about how others will perceive them in life. Will it be harder for them growing up. Recently on one of the kids birth certificate's, my daughter listed, my granddaughter as a bi-racial child. When the certificate came in, it said she was black.

Now why is that ? She is just as white as black yet why are they all listed this way ?

I don't know if it should be a whole new race, that they should be called or what. I resent it, then I have to examine myself, do I resent it because they think the black is over the white ? And I resent that. I was not raised as a racist, but its around us everywhere we go.

I think that you need to really think about it. Realize that a color, is just that. It doesn't describe a person, who has the same problems, in life, we all think alike in some areas, we all have red blood, so we need to see beyond color.

We need to think before we speak in some cases to make sure we are being fair and not seeing a color and condemning a whole race, because of it. For me, that means a lot of prayer, and seeing beyond, that color.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Expert:  danny541 replied 9 years ago.

You will learn not to be racist if you study on why you are. Study is a tool that we can all use to not be.

We have to ask ourselves, Why are we prejudice ? And then we need to think it out and realize that people are the same inside. It doesn't matter what color we are, we all deal with the same problems in society. We must educate ourselves, and use what we learn to stop the racism !

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to danny541's Post: i agree with your answer but im looking for an answer alittle bit more lengthy
Expert:  danny541 replied 9 years ago.
Are you needing a essay ? If so, how many words ? Also if it is a essay, that's a lot of work for the price, are you willing to pay a bonus ?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.

absolutly will pay a bonus. im looking for roughly about 750- 800 words with sociological concepts and theories worked into it. Thank you for your intrest.

Christine(Customer

Expert:  danny541 replied 9 years ago.
How soon would you need it ?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
in approx. 2-3 days if not sooner
Expert:  The Professor replied 9 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
The Professor, Taught at USC Years Ago
Experience: Engineering Degree, Tutoring Experience, USC Faculty (Retired)