M. Castillo
M. Castillo, Homework Expert
Experience:  Penn Foster Exams, Grammar, Proofreading, Literature, Mathematics
3142421

Penn foster exam #01505300 The Inspection process, Part ...

Customer Question

Penn foster exam #01505300
The Inspection process, Part 1

1. In some states, real estate agents are legally required to
A. back up the claims their clients make about home conditions.
B. appraise the values of the properties they sell.
C. hire home inspectors to perform pre-sale inspection
D. pay the fee for the pre-sale home inspection.

2. A pre-purchase inspection differs from a pre-sale inspection in that
A. clients are unable to negotiate the conditions of the sale.
B. the inspection report can be used as evidence in court.
C. it’s requested by the home buyer rather than the seller.
D. the inspection report can be delivered more quickly.

3. A construction inspector is frequently supervised by a/an
A. construction consultant.
B. CEO.
C. architect.
D. home inspector.

4. A construction consultant may be responsible for
A. overseeing contractors and releasing payments.
B. assisting with the design of house plans.
C. purchasing construction materials.
D. performing building code inspections.

5. In a property transaction, the homeowner increasingly has a legal responsibility to
A. pay all the inspection fees.
B. disclose all information on the home’s condition to interested buyers.
C. repair any and all problems found during the home inspection.
D. arrange an inspection for hazardous materials.

6. Real estate appraisers are experts at
A. determining the insurance needs of property owners.
B. pinpointing needed repairs in homes.
C. determining the value of properties.
D. appraising the cost of future home maintenance.

7. There are professional guidelines that should be observed in a home inspector’s operation. These include client confidentiality, using a standard inspection procedure, and
A. getting paid before delivering your service.
B. providing several types of test data on the home.
C. providing the highest-quality technical information.
D. asking the homeowner to point out defects in the house.

8. What are the four steps of a home inspection?
A. Inspection of property, consultation with appraiser, delivery of report, analysis of information
B. Initial conference with client, analysis of information, delivery of report, payment for services
C. Payment for services, inspection of property, report to real estate agent, delivery of report
D. Inspection of property, analysis of information, preparation of report, delivery of report

9. The main reason real estate agents use home inspections is to
A. shield sellers from mistakes made by agents.
B. search for sound investment properties.
C. protect themselves from legal liability.
D. set prices on the properties they list.

10. Which of the following is the best reason for a home inspector to have a set procedure for the inspection process?
A. It keeps the inspector in control of the client.
B. It helps the inspector gain assignments from real estate attorneys.
C. It helps the inspector complete more inspections and make more money.
D. It prevents omissions and oversights during the inspection.

11. Which of the following statements is true?
A. Most home inspection requests come from real estate professionals.
B. More home inspections are performed for relocation companies than for any other type of client.
C. The law requires a home inspection prior to every property transaction.
D. The same person should perform both the home inspection and the property appraisal.

12. Which of the following terms is best defined as “a written document containing a description of a property as of the day of inspection”?
A. A working-order clause
B. An inspection report
C. A property transaction contract
D. An ASHI certificate

13. Which of the following statements is false?
A. To be efficient, the inspector must use a standard inspection method that he or she is familiar with and can use with ease.
B. The inspector should use a checklist, so that no item will be overlooked during the inspection.
C. The inspector should encourage the client to contribute ideas toward the analysis of the facts for the report.
D. Simplified and standardized wording should be used in the report so the client can understand the benefits from the information gathered.

14. Which of the following statements does not accurately describe the nature of the home inspection business?
A. It provides competent, thorough inspection reports to assist the client in making a buy or no-buy decision.
B. It provides the client with a positive inspection report, omitting any negative findings.
C. It provides the real estate sales industry with a professional inspection service that will help them sell property to their customers.
D. It’s a trusted source of information on homes and commercial properties.

15. Who is the home inspector’s most important source of business leads?
A. Lending institutions
B. Engineering firms
C. Real estate agents
D. Architects

16. Which of the following services should not be performed by a home inspector?
A. Preparation of carefully worded written inspection report
B. Reporting of information about necessary repairs
C. Conference with the client to explain what a home inspector does
D. Repair and replacement of defective systems in the home

17. Which of the following statements is false?
A. Technical knowledge of home inspection is far more important than communication skills.
B. After completion of the home inspection course, it’s necessary to gain field experience by inspecting homes with an experienced home inspector.
C. A willingness to learn and a desire to succeed are important home inspector qualifications.
D. A technical degree may be helpful, but it’s not necessary to become a qualified home inspector.

18. Which of the following is the main purpose of home inspection societies and professional associations?
A. To license and regulate home inspectors
B. To “self-regulate” the home inspection industry
C. To certify people starting out in the home inspection business
D. To assist local governments in creating building codes

19. Some elements necessary for success in the home inspection field are basic writing skills, empathy with clients, and technical knowledge. Which of the following is another important requirement?
A. Communication skills
B. Construction experience
C. Membership in ASHI
D. Engineering experience

20. Why is field experience necessary to become a successful home inspector?
A. There aren’t enough books published on the subject.
B. Apprentice home inspection programs don’t provide the technical experience you need.
C. Only exposure to field inspection will give you the confidence and experience you need.
D. Inspection techniques require extensive use of sophisticated test equipment information.
Category: Homework
Expert:  M. Castillo replied 7 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
M. Castillo, Homework Expert
Experience: Penn Foster Exams, Grammar, Proofreading, Literature, Mathematics
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how did u do that so fast?
Thank you very much for clicking the Accept button.

I have answers to over 200 PF exams. Please feel free to request me if you or anyone you know should ever need help.

Best wishes!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do you have these PF exams #01505400 #01505500 #01505600? if you do send them. I send you $5.00 for each
Ah, those have been requested a lot. Unfortunately, I do not have those answers. I would be most grateful if you would let me know if you get your hands on them!

Please feel free to post them in a new question, and hopefully one of our other Experts can assist you.

Best wishes!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well i'll have to type them out and i will put them up for someone on here to answer them.. thanks man
Anytime.

You should be able to highlight all the Q & As and copy the test off the PF exam page then paste it into a new question here on Just Answer.

Good luck!