Sk1llz
Sk1llz, Mastermind
Experience:  Mathematics, Statistics and Physics
386534

1. When electric current is flowing in a circuit, if the

1.   When electric current is flowing in a circuit, if the voltage applied to the circuit is increased,

A. the resistance will increase.
     B. the current will increase.

C. the resistance will decrease.

D. the current will decrease.

2.   Which of the following information sources will not be directly affected by the Telecommunications Act of 1996?

A. Telephone services
     B. The Internet

C. Newspaper publishing

D. Cable television

3.   Porcelain, paper, glass, and rubber are all examples of electrical

A. conductors.
     B. batteries.

C. insulators.

D. grounds.

4.   A testing instrument that an electronics technician will connect to selected points inside a piece of electronic equipment and measure electrical values such as ohms, volts, and amperes is called

A. a signal generator.
     B. a power supply.

C. an oscilloscope.

D. a multimeter.

FIGURE A-1—Use this illustration to answer Question 5.

5.   Look at the four schematic symbols shown in Figure A-1. Each of the symbols is labeled with a number. Which of the following statements about these symbols is correct?

A. Symbol 1 represents a diode, symbol 2 represents a resistor, symbol 3 represents an LED, and symbol 4 represents a transistor.
     B. Symbol 1 represents a diode, symbol 2 represents an LED, symbol 3 represents a transistor, and symbol 4 represents a resistor.

C. Symbol 1 represents a transistor, symbol 2 represents a resistor, symbol 3 represents an LED, and symbol 4 represents a diode.

D. Symbol 1 represents a transistor, symbol 2 represents a diode, symbol 3 represents a resistor, and symbol 4 represents an LED.

6.   Which of the following is a correct definition of the term rectification?

A. Rectification is the opposition to current flow in a circuit.
     B. Rectification involves sensing an electrical quantity and converting it to a signal.

C. Rectification is the conversion of AC current to DC current.

D. Rectification refers to the connection of components into a circuit.

FIGURE A-2—Use this illustration to answer
Questions 7–10.

7.   Look at the simple circuit illustrated in Figure A-2. What will happen when only switch S1 is closed?

A. The light bulb will light up.
     B. Current will flow in the circuit.

C. The resistance of the circuit will increase.

D. Nothing will happen—the light bulb won't light up.

8.   In the circuit shown in Figure A-2, what will happen when switches S1 and S3 are both closed?

A. The light bulb will light up.
     B. Current will flow in the circuit.

9.   In the circuit shown in Figure A-2, what will happen when switches S2 and S3 are both closed?

A. The light bulb will light up.
     B. Current will flow in the circuit.

10.   In the circuit shown in Figure A-2, which switches must be closed in order for the light bulb to light up?

A. Only switch S1 needs to be closed in order for the light bulb to light up.
     B. Only switches S1 and S2 need to be closed in order for the light bulb to light up.

C. Only switches S1 and S3 need to be closed in order for the light bulb to light up.

D. Only switches S2 and S3 need to be closed in order for the light bulb to light up.

11.   At a job interview, the most effective way to prove your proficiency to a prospective employer is to show that you have

A. membership in several professional organizations.
     B. certification as an electronics technician.

C. experience with on-line research.

D. your own test equipment.

12.   Which one of the following letters is used as an abbreviation when representing a unit of electric current?

A. E
     B. R

C. C

D. A

FIGURE A-3—Use this illustration to answer Question 13.

13.   Safety is a concern around electronic equipment of all types. When you see the sign and the symbol shown in Figure A-3, what particular safety hazard may exist?

A. High voltage
     B. Laser light

C. Delicate equipment

D. Radioactivity

14.   Which of the following statements about light-emitting diodes is correct?

A. Light-emitting diodes conduct current in either direction in circuits.
     B. Light-emitting diodes are used as indicators in circuits.

C. Light-emitting diodes have very short life-spans in circuits.

D. Light-emitting diodes are used as rectifiers in circuits.

15.   On a printed circuit board, electronic components will be mounted

A. from the substrate side of the board.
     B. from the side of the board that contains the conducting paths.

C. from the foil side of the board.

D. from the side of the board that's covered with copper sheeting.

16.   Which of the following statements about the measurement of electrical quantities is correct?

A. Resistance is measured in units called ohms.
     B. Voltage is measured in units called amperes.

C. Electrical pressure is measured in units called watts.

D. Current is measured in units called volts.

FIGURE A-4—Use this illustration to answer Question 17.

17.   You're working at a large industrial plant and notice a tag similar to the one shown in Figure A-4. Which of the following actions should you take?

A. Operate this switch only after normal working hours.
     B. Operate this switch only after getting permission from the person who signed the tag.

C. Operate this switch only after making certain no one is working on the affected circuit.

D. Operate this switch only if more than 24 hours have elapsed since the tag was signed.

18.   A testing instrument that's used to measure electrical signals in a circuit and display them as waveforms on a screen is called

A. a multimeter.
     B. a signal generator.

C. an oscilloscope.

D. a power supply.

19.   Which of the following is the first step in a lockout-and-tag procedure?

A. Try to start the machine.
     B. Place your lock on the breaker or switch.

C. Sign your tag and place it on the lock.

D. Shut off the electricity to the machine at the breaker.

20.   An electronics technician who enjoys working "at the bench" would most likely want to work

A. for a manufacturer.
     B. as a central office technician.

C. for a TV or radio station.

D. as a microwave technician
Category: Homework
Expert:  Sk1llz replied 7 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Sk1llz, Mastermind
Experience: Mathematics, Statistics and Physics
Expert:  Sk1llz replied 7 years ago.
Oops, i forgot:
5d
18c
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
great job thanx