Fred Smith
Fred Smith, Tutor
Experience:  being a human with a keyboard
1562929

What are the dimensions of the cattle cars used to ...

Customer Question

What are the dimensions of the cattle cars used to convey Jews during the Holocaust?
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
What are the dimensions of the cattle cars used to convey Jews during the Holocaust? Particularly interested in Hungary. Also how many cattle fit in one of them
Expert:  Uma Jacobs replied 10 years ago.

Hi there,

I have found website that says the cattle cars were about a third of the size of an American railroad car. Check it out here http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/online/phistories/phi_deportations_journey_uu.htm

If this answers your question, then please press ACCEPT so I get paid for my work.

Uma.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
It isn't quite what I need, although it is close. I am a Biology high school teacher and with our Construction teacher want to build a mock car that the kids can get into. Since I don't know the size of railroad or cattle cars at the time knowing that the cattle cars were about 2/3's the size of a railroad car isn't quite enough information. The kids are reading "Night" by Elie Wiesel in English so they have a good description of what it was like to be in one of the cars. In Biology we will be talking about what happens to human physiology under those circumstances. Thanks for your help. Elizabeth Hirshfeld

Hi Elizabeth,

I will opt out of this question since I do not have any more information. But if I can find anything relevant I will get back to you.

Have a nice day,

Uma.

Expert:  Fred Smith replied 10 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Fred Smith, Tutor
Experience: being a human with a keyboard