How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Selah R, M.S. LPC Your Own Question

Selah R, M.S. LPC
Selah R, M.S. LPC, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Category: Homework
Satisfied Customers: 582
Experience:  6+ yrs of college and I still love to learn! Put my education and research skills to work for you.
3241695
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Selah R, M.S. LPC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1. When first introduced to someone, Marcel effectively reme ...

This answer was rated:

1. When first introduced to someone, Marcel effectively remembers the person's name by repeating it to himself several times Marcel makes use of a strategy called
chunking.
automatic processing.
the method of loci.
rehearsal.

3. George can't remember XXXXX XXXXX's name because he wasn't paying attention when Jack was formally introduced. George"s pOOl memory is best explained in terms of
repression.
proactive interference
retroactive interference.
encoding failure.

4. The address for obtaining tickets to a popular quiz show flashes on the TV screen, but the image disappears before Sergei has had a chance to write down the complete address. To his surprise, however, he has retained a momentary mental image of the five-digit zip code. His experience best illustrates memory.
iconic
flashbulb
implicit
echoic

5. An attorney's use of misleading questions may distort a witness's recall of a crime due to:
state-dependent memory.
memory construction.
retroactive interference.
automatic processing.

6, After learning the combination for his new locker at school, Milton is unable to remember the combination for his year-old bicycle lock. Milton is experiencing the effects of
Encording failure
state-dependen memory. t
retroactive interference.
proactive interference.


7. As a child, Mike experienced a vivid dream in which he was chased and attacked by a ferocious dog. Many years later he mistakenly recalled that this had actually happened to him. Mike's false recollection best illustrates
the self-reference effect.
mood-congruent memory.
proactive interference.
source amnesia


8. When asked to recall their attitudes of ten years ago regarding marijuana use, people offer recollections closer to their current view than they actually reported a decade earlier. This best illustrates
memory construction.
proactive interference.
the self-reference effect.
mood-congruent memory.
.
9. People are likely to recognize a woman as a nurse more quickly than a man as a nurse, because a woman more closely resembles their_____ of a nurse
heuristic
prototype
algorithm
mental set

10. Rule-of-thumb strategies that allow us to solve problems and make judgments efficiently are called
semantics.
algorithms.
prototypes.
heuristics.

11. After spending 2 hours trying to solve an engineering problem, Anna finally gave up. As she was trying to fall asleep that night, a solution to the problem popped into her head. Anna's experience best illustrates
The availability heuristic
Confirmation bias
Representativeness heuristic
Insight

12. Fred cites his cousin Millie's many car accidents as evidence that women are worse drivers than men. He overlooks the fact that his wife and three daughters have had far fewer car accidents than he and his two sons. Fred's prejudicial conclusion about women's driving skills best illustrates the effects of
the availability heuristic
algorithms.
the framing effect.
confirmation bias.

13. Raul and Sophia were having a picnic when it started to rain. They did not think of using their big plastic tablecloth as a temporary rain shelter and so were drenched within minutes. Their oversight best illustrates
the availability heuristic.
confirmation bias.
belief perseverance.
functional fixedness.






14. Jan De Jong is orderly, neat, fairly quiet, and shy. She enjoys reading in her spare time and belongs to a social club that includes three librarians, nine real estate agents, and eight social workers. A tendency to conclude that Jan must be one of the three librarians would illustrate the powerful influence of
confirmation bias.
the framing effect.
the representativeness heuristic.
belief perseverance

15. The tendency to estimate that the letter uk" appears more often as the first letter of words than as the third letter best illustrates our use of
the representativeness heuristic.
the availability heuristic.
prototypes.
algorithms.

16.Stockbrokers often believe that their own expertise will enable them to select stocks that will outperform the market average. This belief best illustrates
functional fixedness.
confirmation bias.
overconfidence.
the availability heuristic.

17. On Monday, the meteorologist forecasted a 20% chance of rain, so Sheryl took her umbrella to work. On Friday, he reported an 80% chance of sunshine, so Sheryl left her umbrella at home. Sheryl's behavior illustrates
confirmation bias.
the belief perseverence phenomenon.
overconfidence .
the framing effect.

18. people with opposing views of capital punishment reviewed mixed evidence regarding its effectiveness as a crime deterrent. As a result, their views differed more strongly than ever. This best illustrates
confirmation bias.
the belief perseverence phenomenon.
overconfidence .
the framing effect

19. To combine words into grammatically correct sentences, one needs to adhere to proper rules of
       Semantics
       Syntax
       Nomenclature
        Phonics

20. Two year-old Stephen's sentences, Dad come, Mom laugh, and truck gone are examples of
        Babbling
        Artificial grammar
        Telegraphic speech
        Universal grammar

21. It is difficult to explain language acquisition solely in terms of imitation and reinforcement because children
acquire language even in the absence of social interaction.
resent being corrected for grammatical mistakes.
over-generalize grammatical rules, producing speech errors
employ telegraphic speech patterns before speaking in complex sentences.

22. Five-year-old Jaime performs on an intelligence test at a level characteristic of an average 4-year-old. Jaime"s mental age
4
4.5
5
80.


23. Tests designed to predict ability to learn new skills are called____ tests.
achievement
interest
reliability
aptitude

24. When Samson was told that he correctly answered 80 percent of the items on a mathematical achievement test, he ask, performance compared with that of the average test taker. Samson's concern was directly related to the issue of
standardization.
predictive validity.
reliability.
content validity.

25. Sandra completed the Computer Programming Aptitude Test when she applied for a position with Acme Electronics. Six months later, she took the same test when she applied for a position with another company. The fact that her scores were almost identical the two occasions suggests that the test has a high degree of
Standardization
Predictive validity
Reliability
Content validity

26. After learning about his low score on the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Test, Tom complained. I don't believe that test is a measure of intelligence at all Tom's statement is equivalent to saying that the Stanford-Binet lacks
Validity
Reliability
Standardization
Norms

27. On the telephone Melvin rattles off a list of 10 grocery items for Pilar to bring home from the store. Immediately after hearing the list. Pilar attempts to write down the items. She is most likely to forget the items
At beginning of the list
At the end of the list
In the middle of the list
At the beginning and the middle of the list

28. During the earliest stage of speech development, known as babbling, infants:
speak in single words that may be barely recognizable.
begin to imitate adult syntax.
make speech sounds only if their hearing is unimpaired.
make speech sounds that do not occur in their parents' native language
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Selah R, M.S. LPC and 2 other Homework Specialists are ready to help you