DrTutor
DrTutor, Ph.D.
Experience:  Ph.D.

math

1. You'r planning to buy a boat, a motor, and some miscellaneous boating equipment. The boat costs$325, the motor costs $225, and the equipment costs $79. If you've saved $438 toward these purchases, how much more do you need to save?

2. At a local store you find the following prices listed:

Cellophane tape....................2 rolls for $1.28
    Note pads..............................3 pads for .87
    Highlighters...........................1 for 1.59
    Ink cartridges.......................2 boxes for 1.98

How much would you pay for one roll of tape, two note pads, two highlighters and two boxes of ink cartridges? A. $4.50 B. $5.72 C. $6.38 D. $8.07

3. At the beginning of the week the balance in your checkbook was $298.72. During the week you made a deposit of $425.69. You also wrote checks for $29.72, $135.47, and $208.28. At the end of the week you received a letter from the bank indicating that they had deducted a $5.00 service charge from your account. How much is in your account at the end of the week?

4. Find the product of(NNN) NNN-NNNNand 1000.

5. A used car is priced at $2,695. If you borrow the money for the car, your payments will be $122. a month for 30 months. How much will you save by paying cash?

6. Over a four -week period, Gail earned the following commissions: Week 1...........$250.00
                                      Week 2..........$310.00
                                    Week 3...........$275.00
                                      Week 4...........$195.00
What was her average weekly commission for the period?

7. A strip of wood 66 inches long is to be cut into 5 1/2-inch pieces. How many pieces can be cut?

8. A student answered three questions on a 40-question test incorrectly. What percent did the student answer correctly?

9. The telephone rates between your city and the city where your brother lives are $.54 for the first minute and $.22 for each additional minute. Calculate the cost of a 10-minute call to your brother.

10. Find the difference between the product of 26.22 and 3.09 and the sum of 3.507, 2.08, 11.5, and 16.712. A. 4.489 B. 6.511 C. 47.2208 D. 58.3108

Category: Homework
Expert:  DrTutor replied 8 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
DrTutor, Ph.D.
Experience: Ph.D.