Coolchics
Coolchics, Teacher
Experience:  BA
508327

Mechanics

Customer Question

1.in which of the following units is acceleration expressed?
a-newtons
b-foot-pounds
c-kilograms
d-meters per second squared
2.a stone falls from a ledge and takes 8 seconds to hit the ground.the stone has an original velocity of 0 m/s.how tall is the ledge?
a-1,254.4 meters
b-313.6 meters
c-78.4 meters
d-39.2 meters
3.a tank with a flat bottom is filled with water at a height of 4 meters.what ia the pressure at any point at the bottom of the tank?(you can ignore atmospheric pressure when calculating yur answer)
a-4.0 kpa
b-9.8 kpa
c18.9 kpa
d-39.2 kpa
4.the ability of a material to tranfer hest or electric current is called?
a-insulation
b-porosity
c-conductivity
d-convection
5.a steel block has a volume of0.08 m3 and a density of 7,840kg/m3.what is the force of gravity acting on the block(the weight)in water?
a-5,362.56 N
b-6,150.64N
c-6,700.56 N
d-7,600.18 N
6.when an automotive battery is fully charged,the sulfuric acid and water mixture will have a specific gravity of about
a-0.15
b-1.0.
c-32.67N
d-1.96 kg
7.if an object has a mass of 20 kg,what is the force of gravitl acting on it on earth?
a-196 N
b-2.04 kg
c-32.67 N
d-1.96 kg
8.if a small-diameter open glass tube is partially immersed in a verssel containing mercury the surface of the mercury inside the tub will be
a-lower then the mercury in the vessel,and shaped like the outside of an ubrella
b-higher than the mercury in the vessel,and shaped like the outside of an ubrella
c-lower than the mercury in the vessel,and shaped like the inside of a bowl
d-higher then the mercury in the vessel,and shaped like the inside of the bowl
9.how much time should be allowed for a 605-mile car trip if the car will be travelingat an average speed of 55 miles per hour?
a-8.75 hours
b-9 hours
c-10.5 hours
d-11 hours
10.a machine is supplied energy at a rate of 4,000W and does useful work at a rate of 3,760 W.what is the efficiency of the machine?
a-92%
b-94%
c-96%
d-97%
11.what is the kinetic energy of an object that has a mass oa 30 kilograms and moves with a velcity of 20 m/s
a-2,940 j
b-5,880 j
c-6,000 j
d-12,000 j
12.if a gas has a gage oressure of of 156 kpa.it's absolute pressure is approximately
a-56 kpa
b-100 kpa
c-256 kpa
d-300 kpa
13according to ptolemy's model of the movement of celestial
bodies,
a-the earth rotates around the sun
b-the sun in the center of the universe
c-the earth rotates around the moon
d-plants orbit in circular path around the earth
14. a car with a mass of 1,200 kilograms is moving around in a circular curve at a uniform velocity of 20 meters per second.the centripetal force on the car is 6,000 newtons.what is the radius curve?
a-160 meters
b-80 meters
c-32 meters
d-16 meters
15.what force is requierd to accelerate a body with a mass of 15 kilograms at a rate of 8 m/s2.
a-1.875 kg
b-23 kg
c23 N
d-120 N
16.oil flows upward in the wick of a lantern because of the liquid property called
a-viscosity
b-capillarity
c-meniscusity
d.density
17a car travels from boston to harford in 4 hours.the two cities are 240 kilometers apart
what was the average speed of the car during the trip?
a- 4 km/hour
b36 km/hour
c- 69 km/hour
d-960 km/hour
18.which of the following is the term used to discribe a body's resistance to a change in motion
a-inertia
b-acceleration
c-gravity
d-mass
19.if the velocity of an abject changes from 65 m/s to 98 m/s during a time interval of 12 s,what is the acceleration of the object
a.2.75 m/s
b-5.42 m/s
c.13.58 m/s
d.33 m/s
20.an object has a mass of 120 kg on the moon.what is the force of gravity acting on the object on the moon?
a-12.24 N
b-20 N
c-196 N
d- 1,176 N
21.in a practical machine,the power output is______the power input
a-smaller than
b-larger than
c-equal to
d-multiplied by
22.if a stone with an original velocity of 0 is falling from a ledge and takes 8 seconds to hit the ground,what is the final velocity of the stone
a-39.2 m/s
b-42.6 m/s
c-78.4 m/s
d- 156.8 m/s
23.the ratio of output power to the input power,in percent is called
a-conductivitiy
b-efficiency
c-work
d-horsepower
24.an object with a mass of 78 kilograms is lifted through a height of 6 meters.how much work is done
a-47.75j
b-468j
c-764.4j
d.4,586.4 j
25.a car with a mass of 2,000 kilograms is moving around a circular curve at a uniform velocity of 25 meters per second.the curve has a radius os 80 meters.what is the centrietal force on the car
a-625N
b- 703 N
c-15,625 N
d-20,250 N
22.

Optional Information:
Subject: mechanics

Already Tried:
everything, even crying....this is so hard i dont have alot to pay but please help me thanx!!

Category: Homework
Expert:  Coolchics replied 8 years ago.
If this is exam #709100, these are your answers, with a 100% coorect!
1.d
2.b
3.d
4.c
5.a
6.c
7.a
8.a
9.d
10.b
11.c
12.c
13.d
14.b
15.d
16.b
17.c
18.a
19.a
20.c
21.a
22.c
23.b
24.d
25.c
Coolchics, Teacher
Experience: BA
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
oh my goooooodness girl you are the bomb i just took the test and passed thanx everybody pick her she is gooooood!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Coolchics replied 8 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.