Mic Sayre
Mic Sayre, Tutor
Experience:  I’ve been a tutor for over eight years, and I am very good at internet research.
73532

Help

Customer Question

If I choose a resource officer as a solution to a work problem

What would the management plan and an anticipated timeline be, for this type of implementions? And why would I get my information at on this subject. (web pages, references)
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mic Sayre replied 11 years ago.

DearCustomer

I know that you are having problems at work, and I'd love to help you, but to do so, you might actually have to provide more detailed information than you have previously in order for any of us specialists to help you. The more specific you can be, then the more specific and helpful we can be as well.

As for your above entry, I assume that the "resource officer" that you're referring to above is actually a human resource assistant or a personnel assistant or director (or counselor). [While I was researching this matter for you, I did see references to human resource officers.]

Even though it is the job of the human resource assistant is to run interference between the employer and the employee, the reality of the situation is that they are your employer's employee as well, so they will naturally tend to rule more on the employer's side than yours.

Perhaps you can see if your employer is open to the possibility of bringing in an outside and impartial professional mediator. This person's job is to make sure that both parties eventually leave the table satisfied that they got the best possible solution within the circumstances that you have available to you.

As for the following question--"What would the management plan and an anticipated timeline be, for this type of implementations?"--I'm not quite sure what you are asking for here. I think the reason for this is that I need more information regarding your problem to be able to answer you more fully.

In the meantime, I have included the following websites as possible solutions for you--perhaps you will find the answer that you're looking for there:

-- "What to Do When You Can't Quit"

-- "Quitting Your Job"

-- "Workplace Survival"

-- "Important Skills"

In the end, your best bet is probably to read your company's handbook/guidebook. Then speak with your human resource officer and see what kind of options he/she is willing to offer you. Then have your meeting with your boss or higher up.

I still strongly suggest that you make a list of your job duties before you became overworked, and then after the extra duties were assigned to you (If you can list an exact date that this began, then that would be good, too.). If your hours are marked by a time clock/sign-in book or even if the extra hours you've had to work are reflected upon your paycheck stub, then bring all of this information ALONG WITH the proof that you have that your bum of a co-worker isn't doing her job and then present this all to your boss.

If it is determined that your slacker co-worker truly isn't doing her job, then maybe she needs to be 1) reassigned to another department, 2) retrained to do the job she's been brought in to do, or 3) fired and another person is hired.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions or websites helps you. If I didn't answer your above questions to your satisfaction, then you might have to be more specific in order for me to do so.

Thanks and good luck!

Mic Sayre

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Mic Sayre's Post: Thank you so much for your advice. I think I need to look into more. Thanks.