Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

would you help me out please

Customer Question

1.     An object 5 millimeters high is located 15 millimeters in front of a plan mirror. How far from the mirror is the image located?
A.     5.0 millimeters
B.     7.5 millimeters
C.     15 millimeters
D.     30 millimeters
2.     Which of the following values represents an index of refraction of an actual material?
A.     0
B.     1
C.     1
D.     5
3.     Which one of the following types of electromagnetic radiation causes certain substances to fluoresce?
A.     Ultraviolet rays
B.     Infrared waves
C.     X rays
D.     Cosmic rays
4.     If a 72-candela light source is located at a distance of 3 meters from a surface, the illuminance on the surface is
A.     8 lux
B.     24 lux
C.     216 lux
D.     648 lux
5.     If you’re driving towards the sun late in the afternoon, you can reduce the glare from the road by wearing sunglasses that permit only the passage of light that’s
A.     polarized in a vertical plane
B.     polarized in a horizontal plane
C.     dispersed in a vertical plane
D.     dispersed in a spherical plane
6.     The term angle of deviation is used in reference to
A.     a polarizer
B.     a prism
C.     a lens
D.     an analyzer
7.     According to the information in your study unit, which of the following locations requires the highest illuminance?
A.     A residential stairway
B.     A school locker room
C.     A bank lobby
D.     A study area
8.     The unit for measuring the rate at which light energy is radiated from a source is the
A.     Angstrom
B.     Lux
C.     Lumen
D.     Candela
9.     Compared to yellow light, orange light has
A.     the same frequency
B.     a faster wave velocity
C.     a longer wavelength
10.     The image formed by a convex spherical mirror will always be
A.     inverted and smaller than the object
B.     upright and smaller than the object
C.     inverted and larger than the object
D.     upright and larger than the object
11.     When an object is placed 8 millimeters from a concave spherical mirror, a clear image can be projected on a screen 16 millimeters in front of the mirror. If the object has a height of 4 millimeters, the height of the image is
A.     2 millimeters
B.     4 millimeters
C.     8 millimeters
D.     12 millimeters

12.     Which of the following lenses is a converging lens?
A.     Double-convex lens
B.     Spherical-convex lens
C.     Plano-concave lens
D.     Convexo-concave lens
13.     A virtual image produced by a lens is always
A.     larger than the object
B.     smaller than the object
C.     located in front of the lens
D.     located in the back of the lens
14.     Which of the following frequencies falls in the range of RF waves used by commercial radio broadcasting stations?
A.     60 Hz
B.     6,000 Hz
C.     600,000 Hz
D.     6,000,000 Hz
15.     To use your left hand to determine the direction of the voltage developed in a moving conductor in a stationary magnetic field, you must point your
A.     thumb in the direction of the magnetic flux
B.     thumb in the direction of the electromagnetic force
C.     forefinger in the direction of the lines of force
D.     forefinger in the direction of the motion
16.     A complete circuit contains two parallel-connected devices and a generator for providing the electromotive force. The resistance of the first device is 12 ohms, the resistance of the second device is 4 ohms, and voltage developed by the generator is 40 V. What is the magnitude of the current flowing through the first device?
A.     3.33 A
B.     8 A
C.     10 A
D.     13.32 A
17.     A transformer has a primary voltage of 115 V and a secondary voltage of 24 V. If the number of turns in the primary is 345, how many turns are in the secondary?
A.     8
B.     72
C.     690
D.     1,653
19.An electric heating element is connected to a 110 V circuit and a current of 3.2 A is flowing through the element. How much energy is used up during a period of 5 hours by the element?
E.     352 Wh
F.     550 Wh
G.     1,760 Wh
H.     2,580 Wh
20. The magnitude of the voltage induced in a conductor moving through a stationary magnetic field depends on the______and the _________ of the conductor.
A.     length, speed
B.     distance, circumference
C.     resistance, current
D.     color, capacitance
21. If a bar of copper is brought near a magnet, the copper bar will be
A.     attracted by the magnet
B.     unaffected by the magnet
C.     repelled by the magnet
D.     made into an induced magnet
22. When all parts of a circuit are composted of conducting materials, the circuit is said to be
A.     parallel
B.     shorted
C.     open
D.     closed
23. When an electron is displaced in a semiconductor, the hole that’s left behind is
A. attracted to the negative terminal of the voltage source
B. Incapable of carrying a charge
C. attracted to the anode of the voltage source
D. considered an impurity in the crystal
24. Including a full-wave rectifier in an AC circuit will yield a(n) _____ current.
A.     intermittent direct
B.     intermittent alternating
C.     continuous direct
D.     continuous alternating
25. Suppose that you’re facing a straight current-carrying conductor, and the current is flowing toward you. The lines of magnetic force at any point in the magnetic field will act in
A.     the same direction as the current
B.     a clockwise direction
C.     the direction opposite to the current
D.     a counterclockwise direction

Category: Homework
Expert:  Dr WLS replied 11 years ago.
Before I (or someone else) answers your questions, you need to take another look at whether you omitted or incorrectly typed some. Specifically:
Question 2 has two choices that are the same. Shouldn't one of them be slightly larger than 1?
Question 9 probably needs a fourth choice. None of the other three are correct.
Question 15 was omitted.
I have the answers to the others, but would prefer to wait until I hear from you on this before posting them.