Mic Sayre
Mic Sayre, Tutor
Experience:  I’ve been a tutor for over eight years, and I am very good at internet research.
73532

homework question

How does language empower or limit the epression of our thoughts?
Hi Paul!,
        I will try and answer this one best as I can for you. It's complicated and simple all at the same time, language may very well be limiting the expression of my thought..HA. Simply put, we can't express through language what we do not have words for. WE can express, linguistically, what we do have words for. This also varies from person to person as the available vocabulary and understanding varies from person to person that's the jist of it. Of course we can convey simple ideas and thoughts quite easily but what about the more abstract? Yes, we can say ,as we are about to climb on a roller coaster that we are excited ,scared, nervous....but do any of them really encompass the whole picture. Let me know if you need this to be expounded upon...I'll help you out best as I can.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Jennifer Hamann's Post: Yes can you expound on this, I'm a little confused with the explantation.

Thanks
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Mic Sayre, Tutor
Experience: I’ve been a tutor for over eight years, and I am very good at internet research.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Mic Sayre's Post: Is this rely for your own knowledge or is it from a web page and if it is from a web page can I have it.

Thank you

DearCustomer

I'm truly sorry that it's taken me so long to reply to your post, but I was at my grandfather's funeral today, so sorry about the delay.

To answer your question--my entire answer was completely original (in my own words" and reflected my feelings about the subject.  I'm an English major and a writer, poet, and songwriter as well, so I have a special love for language that I believe you could see reflected in my answer above.

By the way, thanks for accepting my answer!

Mic Sayre

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Mic Sayre's Post: I'm so sorry to hear about your lost, I had to ask because it was written with feeling and I just needed to know, if it came from a web page than I wanted to read more. But since it came from your own words I must say you have passion in what you believe in and to me that's great. If I have any more questions like this one would it be okay to send to you? (you'll be paid of course) but I like your style

thanks