Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My son is 14 and still wets the bed. He has been diagnosed

Customer Question

My son is 14 and still wets the bed. He has been diagnosed with ADD so I know that could be contributing to the problem. He is a very deep sleeper so an alarm hasn't helped. What can you suggest to help him.
Category: Homeopathy
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Has he been seen for this recently? Any medications that he could have been prescribed to help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He has not been seen recently for the bedwetting but he has had a recent physical and all was good there. His doctor is aware that he still wets the bed. Has told us that he will outgrow the problem. We have not received any meds for bedwetting. He is taking Concerta for ADD. He only takes that on school days and it seems to have no effect on bedwetting. For most of the summer he was wetting less often- every 2-3 days Ao we thought he was outgrowing but now he is back to wetting every night.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

I think that you should talk to his pediatrician who should consider desmopressin wafers or nasal spray or tablets before going to bed in his case.

This will most likely help with his bed-wetting.

I would strongly recommend using desmopressin in his case.

I apologize for my delayed response.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards