Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have nausea, fever, tiredness, lack of appetite, stiff

Customer Question

hi! I have nausea, fever, tiredness, lack of appetite, stiff muscles. As a whole feel sick. This has become maybe chronical. 13 days up to now.
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: fever for about 13 days. Symptoms did change during the whole period no respiratory problems
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Medical tests came normal. I have used nurofen stop cold for for about 12 days it conta it contain ephedrin. is it somehow connected
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Homeopathy
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 27 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What is your age and gender?

When were your investigations done?

How high is your fever?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
male 35. fever is 37.3. investigations were done soon for blood and came normal.

The investigations need repeating as initial work up many times come normal.

Having said that; all of your symptoms; nausea, fever, tiredness, lack of appetite, stiff muscles are significant. A chronic viral infection is one of the foremost possibility so a complete blood count, chest x-ray, abdominal ultrasound and comprehensive metabolic panel need to done as the initial investigative work up. If all of these come out to be normal, following investigations in the step wise fashion according to physical exam finding will be recommended for the diagnosis and initiating the treatment:

1) Obtain cultures for bacteria, mycobacteria, and fungi (blood, urine, stool, sputum, spinal fluid).

2) Serologies for Brucellosis, CMV infection, amebiasis, toxoplasmosis, and chlamydial diseases.

3) Serum protein electrophoresis (SPEP) is useful in diagnosing atrial myxoma, SLE flares, etc.

4) Serum ferritin levels are useful in cases of SLE flare, and adult Still disease.

5) Antinuclear antibody titers, rheumatologic factor, thyroxine level, and ESR,

6) High resolution CT scan of lung and CT scan of chest.

7) Ultrasound and CT scan of abdomen.

8) Adrenal function tests.

9) Peripheral blood smear

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Doctors are not willing to make new tests and examinations. They say virus will heal on its own. Is it possible ?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Nobody will make such long list of tests. Its crazy and hypohondriac.