Moe Zafarani
Moe Zafarani, Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology
54460990

I am very very worried about my dad as he has a heredity

Customer Question

Hello there I am very very worried about my dad as he has a heredity dieabets and he said that the doctor told him that diet is not going to help his deiabetes as when he has been to the doctors he's blood sugar has been 16 and I am wanting to help him get it down to about 8. Is there anyway to get his blood sugars lowered. He is on medication and just yesterday the doctor gave him injections that he has to do once a week!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Homeopathy
Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 1 month ago.

I'll be glad to help.

If the sugar levels ( I assume you are referring to A1c ) is already that high, there is some truth that diet alone will not help, this is true in all types of diabetes. Given that, a diet that is balanced and has minimum amounts of simple carbohydrates (cakes, candies, etc) will help keep the effects of diabetes on other organ systems to a minimum. Often in this range, insulin injections are necessary as body doesn't produce enough and it is not sensitive to what it does produce.

This is what I would recommend:

1) significant increase in green vegetable intake - juicing works great, can add green apples which have low glycemic index to improve the taste

2) exercise

3) cut out all simple carbohydrates - cakes, and fruits with high sugar contents (bananas)

4) stay compliant with medications, including the injections.

Wish him good luck in managing his diabetes.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, please don't forget to leave a positive rating.

warm regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My doctors are trying to lower my dads blood sugar but it is not dropping at all and all my dad says to me is that he is dying and I am getting very very upset and want to know why isn't he's blood sugar levels going down????

I understand your concerns.

Make sure that you follow with an endocrinologist for appropriate adjustment to the insulin dose and follow my recommendations above.

Wish him best of luck.