Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I have bipolar 1 mixed states rapid cycling and schizo

Customer Question

i have bipolar 1 mixed states rapid cycling and schizo affective disorderhave been on medications since 1995 would like alternative treatment vitamins orwhateveryou use
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: lithium xanex wellbutrin topomax temazapam perphenazine no i havent seen anyone exept my psychatrist
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no no physical problems
Category: Homeopathy
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

The bot***** *****ne?

There are no vitamins, diet, exercise or homeopathic compound that will replace your current therapy.

Don't believe what you read on the internet.

So. What should you do?

1. Continue taking your medications as directed.

2. Follow up with your primary care MD

3. Discuss your concerns with your therapist and psychiatrist. They can adjust and modify your treatment to address your concerns.

Does this make sense to you?

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS