Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I was diagnosed with SMM in October 2015, i had the symptoms

Customer Question

hi, I was diagnosed with SMM in October 2015, i had the symptoms for at least 2 years before i was diagnosed , my hematology said that there is treatment , and we will do monitor the blood work every 3 months.
i started going on No Sugar -No fruit diet, eating and juicing lots of greens and things started to go north , i have been also taking those supplements since November:
Vit D:
Grape Seeds extracts
i have been also taking tumeric(fresh roots around 5 grams per day)), juice it with Carrots and cabbage.
things have improved a lot, that shows the March lab results , , but all of a sudden it started to go south, i got shingles in April , lasted for a whole month, and then the fatigue, weakness and weight loss started to happen gradually, please see the new test results July 2016
would you please give me your thoughts on the new results, nothing really has changed , i started adding dandelion root extract about a month ago, nothing else major
Category: Homeopathy
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David

at age 49, it would be rare for you to have multiple myeloma.

did you get a bone marrow biopsy or a biopsy of a lymph node showing plasma cell cancer?

SMM is smoldering multiple myeloma? correct?

if you have multiple myeloma, you need a biopsy for diagnosis or xrays which show lytic lesions in your bones. and also you need an M protein spike of above 3.0. I don't see that in your blood work.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi Dr.yes, i have done bone marrow biopsy Jan 2016, it was confirmed that my myeloma cells is 25-30%, and yes i was diagnosed with smoldering Multiple Myeloma.i had and still no kidney or bone damage, xrays was done as well, they were all negative.

I see.

the labs don't help too much with telling how your SMM is doing

ask your doctors about if they did a M protein level which could be useful in telling how your MM is doing.

that is good you are eating healthy.

shingles can be tough and be a sign your immune system had a weak spell. lack of sleep or increased stress can do that.

weight loss is not a good sign. do you have lack of appetite? are you not eating well?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my myeloma is the Bence Jones Typedo you have any recommendations?

continue to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.

if you can go to a vegan plant based diet, that would be best.

too much carrot juice can cause diarrhea, so be careful with that.

you need daily exercise to help improve your energy and help you sleep better at night time and to boost your immune system.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i thought cancer fees on sugar, so i ve been avoiding fruits, the only one i eat are : blueberry , raspberry, mullberry and I Right?i also drink 100% pommegrante juice almost every day

you always have glucose in your blood system. you can't get rid of sugar or glucose in your body.

all of your cells in your body feed on sugar.

avoiding fruits will not help fight cancer.