DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Practice Director
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

Infact I am taking remeron/remergon an antidepressent family

Customer Question

Hi, infact I am taking remeron/remergon an antidepressent family of mirtizipine. It has helped me a lot. But i want to switch to some homeopath remedy as I want to get rid of these drugs due to their side effects like dizziness etc. What may be some natural remedies. I am also taking Effexor XR on the advice of medical specialists. When I leave Effexor my body start telling me so I restart its regular dosage.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I am under treatment of a qualified doctor. I am taking remeron 15mg and Effexor 75 mg
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: When I leave medicines my anxiety level increases and depression relapses. With these medicines I am although OK but sluggishness increases, dizziness prevails in the morning and depression is more in the morning as compared to evening
Category: Homeopathy
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 months ago.

Hello

There are no natural remedies that replace these drugs in the way you think.

A homeopathic remedy must be individualized based on an extensive analysis of you, your medical history, and your exam.

I can point you in the right direction.

Tell me more about your depression.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have started taking Avena Staiva Q. Homeopahty has always been helpful for me to cure other problems. I believe this is a miraculous kind of treatment. Would you please send me any questionare so i may fill it

Homeopathy does not work by questionaire.

The process is interview, exam, extensive repitorization and analysis.

Remedies are high dilutions, not a tincture such as avena sativa, although this can be made into a remedy.

It is a general topic and not specific.

A remedy must be specific to you.

Other natural remedies such as herbs and vitamins can be helpful in depression, but are not the same as your medications.

You state that you have used homeopathy.

Then have you been seen by a classical homeopath?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have used homeopathy in some other ailments and found them very useful. I have taken these medicines through a practitioner qualified homeopath. However, I am sure there are effective treatments available in homeopathy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
in homeopathy for depression. Basically, I am cured to a larger extent and then it relapses. It also seems to be a cognitive behavioral problem as well.

HI

We answer questions here.

I am unclear, if you have a homeopath, why are you not consulting them. Or have you NOT consulted a homeopath

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had consulted some of them and got treatment but could not get relief for depression. First time when I had serious blow of depression I had went to one homeopathic doctor. But in Pakistan there are very few real specialists who practice in real professional terms. One belonged to a town about 6 hours journey. Initially, I got so severe problem that I had to move to ailopathic treatment. Now I feel much better. I have some relieve with Avena Sativa. I am not getting remergon for the last 10 days and feeling better. I think if this medicine (Avena Sativa Q) can give relieve then why not proper homeomedicine. I have recently consulted a homeopath practioner. I was getting my feet swelled up. I am getting better and my feet are less swollen up after taking medicine of 6 days only. He has added some dose of antidepressants also. I am thinking to get regular treatment from him.

That is what you should do.

YOu have to have someone who can examine you.

Remedies might change as you get better.

That is how homeopathy works.

It is serious.

You need to have someone spend the time with you for the correct remedy.

Face to face.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. I have got one doctor although it is in the same town away from my home town. I will act on your advice.

You are welcome anytime.

Please click a positive at the top of the page [I hope a 5] as this is the only way we are paid by just answer.

Find me anytime.