DrThomasMD, Practice Director
Experience:  Practice Director

I have had a persistent cough and head congestion three

Customer Question

I have had a persistent cough and head congestion for almost three weeks. No fever but I am coughing up phlegm with a yellow tint. If I breathe out heavily I can hear a slight rattling. I have been taking over the counter mucinex which helps but is not clearing up the issue. Do I need to go to the doctor?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Almost three weeks. No other symptoms but I do feel more tired than normal.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm a breast cancer survivor.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Naturopath about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Homeopathy
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 3 months ago.

You are overdue for the doctor.

Atypical pneumonia needs to be ruled out.

Sinus infection needs to be ruled out.

See a doctor today.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here