Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I continue to have abdominal pain w/walking pneumonia. I've

Customer Question

I continue to have abdominal pain w/walking pneumonia. I've been prescribed Amox cvl & developed diarrhea. Stopped using over a week and I am starting to feel better; though still weak. Eating aI protein diet - tea, eggs, chicken and chicken soup after extreme vomiting last Wednesday morning. Should I just let the walking pneumonia abate or maybe take Z-Pak. I am 78 years old without any other issues health wise.
Category: Homeopathy
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 11 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

You need an antibiotic. So you may take Z-pac. The need of antibiotic is for the following reasons;

1) The walking pneumonia has been persisting for more than a week.

2) In your age group, body immunity may be slightly low.

Having said that; I would consider investigation your abdominal pain by an ultrasound and blood work (liver function tests / comprehensive metabolic panel). Any pain for so long; warrant a thorough work up and medical imaging.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

PS

Meanwhile probiotics would be helpful to you. While some people age healthily, the conclusion of many studies is that, compared with younger people, in your age group infectious diseases may take time to resolve. Taking a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement may also boost up the body immunity and help in early resolution of your symptoms.

It is privilege assisting you.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Hope you are doing good and recovered completely.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Regards,

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year 2016.