DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Practice Director
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

Would Ginger oil have the same anti-inflammatory effect as

Customer Question

Would Ginger oil have the same anti-inflammatory effect as raw ginger juice? Mark
Category: Homeopathy
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

yes, ginger has excellent anti inflammatory properties and useful as juice, as ginger tea, in oil form, used in vegetable curry, added in cooked food. all have comparable same benefits and no study available to specifically say , that juice or tea is better than other forms of usage, hope this helps

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doc, I started using raw ginger juice to reduce inflammation in my sinuses as a result of a nail from a nail gun smacking me in the nose about 18 years ago. When it is really bad I take 8 fl. oz. of fresh raw ginger juice (very hard to swallow). On those instances my whole body feels right with the world. Probably because it is reducing all types of inflammation in my body. How much ginger oil would I need to ingest for to be equivalent to 8 fl. oz. of fresh raw ginger juice? Mark
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

there is no particular "dosage" of ginger juice or oil. see the label on oil you use, and compare that with juice.

but to reduce chronic inflammation in sinuses, i also recommend to see you primary care provider and ask for intranasal steroids and anti inflammatory drug prescription.

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does really smelly sweat indicate anything? Mark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unusually smell
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer, you have not still accepted the answer to previous question

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

unusual smell of sweat glands is due to androgens and other sex hormones. it does not mean any disease. it is a totally benign thing.

please click on accept so that i can get some credit for my work here. thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have not answered the first question. I wanted a homeopathic answer. Your answer was about dosage as well as a western medicine recommendation instead of a homeopathic answer. I already know what the western doctor will do. The question again.... What would the inflammation reducing equivalent be. 8 oz. of freshly juiced ginger juice, how much ginger oil would be an equivalent amount of ginger oil for reducing inflammation? Mark
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

I am a doctor and not a homeopath. Anyways , I am.opting out

Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am a board certified internal medicine doctor, a classical homeopath, and functional medicine [natural medicine] doctor.

Ginger oil has nothing to do with homeopathy.

In is more a naturopathic or ayurvedic material.

You should not ingest it.

Is that what you are doing?