Drzaheer
Drzaheer, Doctor
Experience:  Homeopathic doctor of medicine with 16 years of clinical practice,3 times gold medalist.
48436093

Im curious about lachesis mutus for hot flashes. Interactions

Customer Question

I'm curious about lachesis mutus for hot flashes. Interactions with other medications? How quickly might I see results?
Category: Homeopathy
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 2 years ago.

When did you get your menopause?

What medications are you on now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a vaginal hysterectomy on 12.21.10, ovaries are intact. At that time I also had a TVT, vaginal vault reinforcement, rectal wall repair. I had no symptoms of menopause after that surgery. However, I did experience an incredible amount of pain. On 08.12.11 I had all the mesh removed with the exception of the mesh around my urethra. My hot flashes started about 6 weeks ago and I now have frequent headaches as well. I am taking only pain meds (12 mcg fentanyl transdermal patch every three days, 2700 mg gabapentin, 100-200 mg tramadol). I am trying to avoid HRT since my mother had breast cancer at about age 55 (still living with no further complications and now 78!) and cardiac history on my father's side (his father died at 57, his brother at 49 of massive MIs, he is s/p CABGx3 in 2000 but 78 now and still working every day!) My only known cardiac issue is elevated cholesterol, maybe 238 at my last test.

Lachesis Mutus is a homeopathic remedy which comes from the poisonous venom of the bushmaster snake. Although it is reported to help control hot flashes associated with menopause, scientific research has not been carried out on its effects - so it is difficult to comment on whether it is effective in menopause.

You can try Effexor for hot flashes. It is an antidepressant but has shown to have the ability to control hot flashes. Since it is non-hormonal, it will not be contra-indicated for you.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate your time and input. However I was already aware of all of the information you provided, ie the origin of lachesis mutus and the use of venlafaxine and SSRIs as non-hormonal treatment of menopausal sx.

Are there any naturopaths or homeopathic professionals available through this service who might offer some insight - via experience and familiarity if not scientific research - to my question?

Many thanks -

I will opt out of this question.

Please repost your question in the 'Homeopathy' category under "Health" - there should be an expert there.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is the first time I have used this service and I am not sure how to switch to another category and repost my question. I realize it is not your role to assist me with site navigation but I can't seem to find any other resources from this page. If you could perhaps direct me to the appropriate resource, I would appreciate it!

Again, thanks for your time!

I will see if i can switch the category for you. If not, I will send in a note to a moderator - he/she will help you in switching the category.

Thanks.
Expert:  Drzaheer replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, and thank you for putting your trust in me

1. Dear I have studied your question and found you can use LACHESIS MUTUS for hot flashes only if these symptoms are present with you otherwise do not use this remedy….

Female.--Climacteric troubles, palpitation, flashes of heat, hæmorrhages, vertex headache, fainting spells; worse, pressure of clothes. Menses too short, too feeble; pains all relieved by the flow (Eupion). Left ovary very painful and swollen, indurated. Mammæ inflamed, bluish. Coccyx and sacrum pain, especially on rising from sitting posture. Acts especially well at beginning and close of menstruation.

If these symptoms match with your symptoms then arrange LACHESIS MUTUS 200C and (CHEW 1 pellet of this remedy as a single dose) and do not repeat this remedy no matter what ever happens, if it helps do not repeat and if it don’t help do not repeat this remedy( Dr Boericke ) writes in his materia medica if Lachesis is remedy then its only one dose of 200c is enough to cure the patient.

2. It has no inter reactions with other allopathic(westren) medicines and herbs, but other homeopathic remedies are must be used as below described if needed.

Lach. : Lachesis

Complements

:

Crot-c , Hep , Iod , Kali-i , Lyc , Nit-ac , Salam.

Follow Well

:

non

Ant doting

:

Anthr , Apis , Ars , Bufo , Chin-s , Crot-h , Kali-bi , Mag-p , Rhus-r , Rhus-t , Rumx.

Inimical

:

Acet-ac , Am-c , Carb-ac , Dulc , Nit-ac , Psor , Sep.

3. If remedy matches symptoms and you use it as prescribed you will be cured with in 15 to 25 days time only by using a single dose of Lachesis mutus 200c.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you have to stop eating some food items as these may interfere with homeopathic treatment, so do not eat beef, raw onions, fizzy drinks, coffee, peppermints only during treatment, make sure to have a clean mouth before taking medicine and do not eat/drink any thing at least for 30 mints before and after taking medicine, please do not touch homeopathic medicine pellets just open bottle and put pellets directly into mouth, homeopathic medicines are so delicate even touching them with clean hands may destroy their effectiveness.

Please note there are no side effects of homeopathic medicines it is 100% sure, all answers are given after case study, confirming it with Matreria medica and Repertory, and with sincerity, any quires related to prescribed medicine should be discussed with expert.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take care and have a blessed day. Dr Zaheer.

Expert:  Drzaheer replied 2 years ago.

Let me know if you have any more questions related to my answer and if not then…..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I responded to your answer first thing this morning but evidently it did not go through. I appreciate your information but I do not quite understand #2 above.

Lach. : Lachesis

Complements

:

Follow Well

:

non

Ant doting

:

Inimical

:

Are complements other homeopathic remedies that I should use in conjunction with the lachesis?

What does "Follow well: non" mean

What is Ant doting (not antidoting?)

I know inimical means "against" so are these homeopathics that I should not use with the lachesis?

Thanks for clarifying for me. I am really trying to find an alternative to estrogen because my mother had breast cancer (she is a survivor!) and my father and his side of the family have cardiac issues.

Expert:  Drzaheer replied 2 years ago.

Dear XXXXXient I am here to help and care for you, thanks for your kind words, so back to your questions....

ANSWER #1.Compliments: These are homeopathic medicines, you are not supposed to use them in conjunction with LACHESIS, but if after use of LACHESIS if there is need for an other remedy then a homeopath should recommend one remedy listed under complements (these are remedies which are complementary medicines to LACHESIS REMEDY). You are allowed to use a single dose of LAHCESIS 200C only a single dose and wait for results.

ANWER #2. Most homeopathic remedies have their follow well remedies for example if some one use ACONITE this is also a homeopathic remedy, then a homeopath if there is need to select a remedy for further treatment or need then he should select follow well (ARNICA OR COFFEA ) these remedies are follow well remedies to remedy ACONITE........and here we got no remedies which are follow well to LACHESIS.

ANSWER #3. These are remedies if used after LACHESIS these will antidote LACHESIS, it means if after use of LACHESIS any of these remedies used they will anti dose LACHESIS and stops its action with in the body.

ANAWER #4. YES YOU ARE RIGHT (YOU SHOULD NOT USE inimical remedies after use of LACHESIS.

I try my best to provide you best information, thanks for understanding….

I hope you found my answer helpful PLEASE click on the *GREEN ACCEPT* button above and leave *POSITIVE* feedback, to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician.
Dr Zaheer (Doctor of homeopathic medical science)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for your clarifications. I have just another couple questions for you: why the single dose only of lachesis? What are the possible adverse effects If more than one dose is taken? The reason I am asking is because the pellets I have are 30c and the dosing recommendation on the dispenser label is 5 pellets three times daily. Do I need to get lachesis 200c or can I take 7 of the 30c pellets (210c)? The homeopathic remedies available had some 200c doses but lachesis was not one of them.

Again, I appreciate your time. Sorry for the delay in responding but I am on the west coast and work 12 hour shifts so my next response to you might also be on the later side.

Expert:  Drzaheer replied 2 years ago.
Dear XXXXXinet there are no side effects of this remedy but if used many times it will complicate your problems, so you have to arrange (LACHESIS 200C) and have a single dose, chew only 2 pellets if this remedy half an hour after breakfast and wait for results at least 20 to 25 days time as i prescribed before, i will assist you as much needed,

http://www.remedysource.com/store/remedy_detail.php?remedy_id=791&search_name=#

use above link to arrange this remedy.
TAKE CARE OK .
Dr Zaheer.
Expert:  Drzaheer replied 2 years ago.

Drzaheer, Doctor
Experience: Homeopathic doctor of medicine with 16 years of clinical practice,3 times gold medalist.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX so much for answering my questions and sorry for the delayed reply! I took the dose on Nov 5th and already I am noticing fewer hot flashes so I am hopeful this remedy will truly work for me. I am a nurse on a very busy medical floor and the hot flashes and headaches really interfere with my ability to think clearly and work efficiently. Hope they will soon be gone for good!
Expert:  Drzaheer replied 2 years ago.

Dear XXXXXient, you are always welcome, its my duty to help and care for you, and i am happy to know that you started treatment, kindly do as prescribed and do not repeat LACHESIS 200C ok this only one dose is enough to cure you for ever, and plz read my first answer again and strictly follow instructions (what not to eat) as if you don’t care then it will antidote remedy which is not good.

Prayers for your health.
GOD BLESS.
Dr Zaheer.