Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

The display has gone very dim. Can it be repaired. I have

Customer Question

The display has gone very dim. Can it be repaired. I have electronice experience down to component level if I know what to replace and where.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Model RX-V373 purchased about December 2012
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I think it just slowly went dim. Can barely see display at this point. Don't think it is in eco mode, either.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'd like to fix it myself if possible. Think it may be a current limiting resistor in display circuit has increased in value due to heat but need specifics from you. My guess.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 8 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, please confirm; are you considering a component level DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?

If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry? ...LIVE?